“Very good place to stay for pre and after cruise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2520 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL 33020-1122 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport / Cruise Port South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Canal Fulton, Ohio
“Very good place to stay for pre and after cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

It's not too fancy but it's a good place to lay your head before and after a cruise - they are very experienced with getting you to your cruise port and picking you up ... from Fort Lauderdale and Miami Ports! All the employee's work very hard and long hours and still keep a smile on their face.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear retired1103,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Trip Advisor about your experiences at our hotel. We here at Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port love seeing guests responses posted online. I am delighted to read that you found the shuttle service were so well received. We work hard every day making sure guests get picked up from the airport and taken to the cruise port the next day in a timely fashion. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

570 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My friend and I were booked in at this hotel as we were going on a Panama Cruise with Island Princess lines. This was the designated hotel.
What a dump. The sink had a large crack in it. The room smelled musty and the air conditioner was on 24/7 with no off switch that worked. The bedspreads looked like they had been brought in second hand. It sounded like the people in the next room were right beside us in our room.
Honestly, for a hotel that is designated as a stop over before sailing, it is disgusting. I think the owner should take some of the money they are getting from the Travel Agents and upgrade this place. A new paint job would be a good start and maybe an up todate flat screen tv that would leave some room for the guests things on the counter.
Our unit had a large cabinet to hold the tv. The cupboards had been ripped off the cabinet and you could see where there once was a fridge.
I would not recommend this hell hole to anyone and believe me I know alot of travellers.
We were supposed to get a shuttle from the airport but we waited for 1 hour and I phoned the hotel again and was told we were probably standing in the wrong place. I looked at the sign and it said pick up and shuttles to hotels. We got so tired of waiting we hailed a cab. When we checked in I told the desk clerk what had happened and she again said we were probably standing at the wrong place. grrrrrrrrr
No use complaining to the front desk people because they are just the employees and the manager wasn't anywhere around.

Room Tip: Just go to another hotel such as La Quinta that was recommended to us but our travel agent had alrea...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear sunseeker123,

Thank you for your recent review of Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port South on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. You have my sincere apology that the room did not meet your standards. Was the issue you faced with the room reported to the front desk? If so, we would have been happy to move you to another room. Guest feedback is important because it shows us areas where we are doing well and areas where we need improvement. If you would like to discuss the matter in more detail my email is provided below. Thank you again and we hope you will give us another chance the next time you travel to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night before we departed on a cruise. I was very pleased overall with the service this hotel provided. The free airport shuttle is a nice benefit, particularly given that the hotel is several miles from the airport, which would make a taxi expensive. The entire staff was very pleasant and cooperative, and particularly helpful in assisting with the free transport to the cruise port for the next morning.

The hotel itself was what one would expect for a facility at this relatively low price point -- nothing fancy, but quite adequate. The bed was comfortable. Because we arrived late and did not have a car, I was pleased to discover that there were several fast food places to eat within walking distance, as well as a shopping center.

Dear dpster,

Thank you for your recent review of Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port South on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I am delighted to read that you found all the services we offer to be excellent. We work hard every day making sure guests get picked up at the airport fast and taken to the cruise port the next day promptly. I am also happy to read that you found the entire staff to be very pleasant and cooperative. I will be sure to share all you kind words with them. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Sandy, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were looking for a pre-cruise and post-cruise hotel so we used TripAdvisor to find something that would work. Many of the hotels in this area run $150+ so when I saw the $99 rate I looked further. Reviews indicated it was adequate - and that's what it was, adequate. As others have noted, it needs some fixing up - painted over cracks in the walls, holes in the carpet, hard to shut doors just to name a few. The breakfast, again, was adequate.

My big complaint was the post-cruise experience. After disembarking and collecting our luggage, I called for pickup. Several more calls and almost two hours later, we finally were able to get a ride. Once at the hotel, we were informed that our rooms would not be ready for at least 3 hours (had I known I might have booked a local excursion). As it turned out it was well over 4 hours before we got our rooms.

Side note - there is a Taco Bell and McDonald's right next door but no close restaurants. There is also a strip mall with Big Lots and a sporting goods store behind them. It helped us to pass the time while waiting to get into our rooms.

The big plus for this property, the people. Eddie & Sue at the front desk were good and tried to be as helpful as possible. The bellman was also courteous and helpful in getting our bags to and from the room - we had 4 couples so it was a lot of baggage.

Would I stay there again? I probably would not. Spending a whole day waiting on this hotel was not what I had in mind. I'll pay more next time for a nicer place.

Room Tip: This is a 3 story property running length-wise away from the office. Look for rooms numbered in the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Howard4094,

The staff and management at Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port South would like to thank you for the review posted on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to read that you found all our team members to be courteous and helpful. Every day I see them go above and beyond making sure all our guests receive the best customer service Ft. Lauderdale has to offer. In contrast, I am disappointed to read that you had shuttle problems returning to the hotel. The port can get quite hectic when we have 8 ships departing. We do our best to make sure all our guests get picked up promptly, but in your case we failed you and for that you have my apology. Thank you again and if given another try I am sure we could exceed your expectations.

Branchville, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Overall a good stay. the staff was great and Kim the bartender was the best. The hotel could use a little updateing and some detailing here and there. The on site snack bar served very basic but good food. The continental breakfast was good also, the toaster took forever to toast( one of those details ) all things being said we would stay here again.

Dear Eric B,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Trip Advisor about your experiences at our hotel. We here at Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port love seeing guests responses posted online. I am delighted to read that you found the staff to be great. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to them. I am equally delighted that you found the new grill we just opened to server good food. It is a great place to get a little comfort food after a long day of traveling. Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our flight had been delayed and we did not arrive in Fort Lauderdale until midnight. When I called for the complimentary shuttle the hotel informed me that the shuttle stops running at 11pm. On the Comfort Inn site it t states Free Airport Transportation without any time constraints. I can not review this hotel completely due to waiting for alternative transportation to the hotel.
We did not arrive to the Comfort Inn until approximately 2am. We left early that same morning. Also we were traveling with a two year old grandbaby and 2am in the morning was not a fun time...

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Columbia, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale and had to stay overnight to catch a morning flight to Cuba. Even though we called for a shuttle, there was already one waiting which we were able to catch. Although the room and the door was a little dated and worn the room was comfortable. The Breakfast was fine with both an indoor and outdoor area to eat. The front desk staff was friendly and prompt even when dealing with large cruise crowds. The shuttle back to the airport was again prompt and on time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear jbs713,

I am very happy you find all the staff and shuttle services to be top tier here at Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port South. We pride ourselves in getting guests to and from the airport promptly. I know from personal experience how important these services can be to a weary traveler. Every day we strive to ensure our transportation runs smoothly and efficiently.
Thank you again for the review and it was a pleasure having you as our guests.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South? Share your experiences!