“Great CS.....Loyal customer for life!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South

You added Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2520 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL 33020-1122 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport / Cruise Port South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
“Great CS.....Loyal customer for life!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I have been staying at the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South for years, mostly for business and a few times with my wife after a cruise and have always had a good experience but Sue at the front desk just exceeded my expectations. After conducting business this week (April 2012) in Miami I caught the tri-rail to FLL and tried to call for the shuttle to transport me to the hotel for nearly two hours with no answer. Called Choice Hotels to see if there was a problem but they were no help, other then to confirm my online reservation. I had no choice but to take a taxi ($$$$) and check in. Arrived at the front desk, not hunting for bear, but hoping the place had not burned down. I informed Sue what had transpired and she immediately asked the price of the cab and deducted it from my bill, saying "We take care of our family" since she recognized my face. Ended up their phones had been knocked out and they where not able to receive any calls. It is rare in this age to be treated with such respect since I had not requested this compensation. The rest of my stay was wonderful and relaxing as usual, with a great breakfast. Since I enjoy the exercise, I usually walk to the BJ's and have discovered numerous restaurants within a three mile radius of the hotel. If you don't mind the cardio, I highly recommend it or take a taxi with a group staying at the hotel to Las Olas Blvd for a wonderful evening. Most of the guests are very friendly (cruisers) and you can usually meet them at the pool for a cocktail. Great staff, clean rooms, wonderful value and to be treated like a rock star will keep me coming back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear MARKRUBYRED,

I wanted to take the time and personally thank you for such a glowing review. I am equally enthusiastic you spoke about one of our staff members. If one was to look up hospitality in the dictionary, you would see Sue’s picture. Every day Sue goes above and beyond making sure all our guests feel like family. The Comfort Inn is truly lucky to have her as a front desk supervisor. If you get a chance please stop by my office at Comfort Inn so I can thank you in person. We look forward to our family reunion the next time you travel to Hollywood, Florida.

Director of Customer Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Conception Bay South,Nl. Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 -days stay at the Comfort Inn Airport in Ft. Lauderdale....the staff at the front desk were very helpful & courteous as well as the room staff. The complementary breakfast was excellent and it was so nice to eat outside by the pool. The pool area was also very clean in spite of the peak traffic of people at certain times. The courtesy van was also an added feature. My friends and I will definitely stay here again next year.
Thank you.

Room Tip: Room on the ground floor where you can park your Rent-A-Car right in front of your room door.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Robert C,

The staff and management would like to thank you for posting such a positive review. We love when guests have such a great time at our hotel they want to share their experiences with others. I am also glad you liked eating breakfast by our pool. Every day I get to see guests laughing and enjoying their breakfast out on the patio. It always brings a smile to my face. Thank you again for the review and we will see you again the next time you travel to Hollywood, Florida.

CALGARY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed here march 2012.We found the property very clean.The management and staff were extremly helpful and friendly.Great complimentry breakfast.Free shuttle to and from the airport and cruise port.Pool area clean and well stocked with towels and lounge chairs.Great location.We will be staying here again for any future cruises or visits to FLL.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear CHARLES F,

Everyone at Comfort Inn would like to thank you for taking the time and posting a review. I am delighted you found our staff so helpful and friendly. We work hard every day making sure all our guests share your feelings. I am also glad you are planning another vacation at our hotel. Let us know if we can be of any help. Thank you again for the review and we will see you the next time you travel to Hollywood, Florida.

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

This hotel had free airport and cruise port shuttles and free breakfasts. It was very busy and the hotel is showing some wear. Taco Bell next door with free wifi. It was a bit pricey for what you got but it was a Saturday night before six cruise ships left port the next day.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear VAECalifornia,

The staff and management would like to thank you for posting a review on tripadvisor.com. I am pleased you were able to take advantage of our complementary shuttle services from the airport and to the cruise port. Most hotels in the area charge for these shuttle services. Thank you again for the review and we will see you the next time you travel to Hollywood, Florida.

Hubley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I keep a journal (have for over 50 years) and here are my notes for April 3. "Then to Comfort Inn I booked last night. A pleasant surprise. Best welcome yet. Yes, we can give you the coupon price. Yes, a room facing the pool. A nice pool, pool bar, close to food places." We booked this hotel because it was close (10 minutes) to the Ft.Lauderdale airport; we flew out 8;00 AM the next morning. We walked to our evening meal and had a choice of a variety of well known restaurants mixed among a huge mall next door. The business center was professionally set-up. But what impressed me most was the kindness and friendliness of all the staff we met; from the manager to the polite gentleman collecting the garbage. Can you sense I was impressed?

Room Tip: Do your homework:know what you want; king or queen, fridge, microwave, drive up unit or on upper flo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ixlr8,

I am very delighted our hotel and staff could be a part of your vacation. I am equally enthusiastic you felt so welcomed by our staff. We take pride in making every guest feel like family. It validates all our hard working getting a response like the one you posted. I will be sure to convey these thanks along to the staff. Thank you for posting a review and we will see you the next time you travel to Hollywood, Florida.

Milton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed here in March prior to our cruise as we have done on numerous occasions. It is a great location and the service is excellent. We appreciate the valuable job that Henry does in looking after our luggage. The staff went out of their way to get us into our room early. Restaurants and shopping within walking distance. There is a good breakfast to start your day. The shuttle service was excellent and the price returning to airport from cruise was half what we would have paid through the cruise line. Will definitely stay there in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear swiftr,

The staff and management at Comfort Inn would like to thank you for posting such a positive review. I am glad Henry could be of such service to you. He is one of the hardest working individuals I have had the pleasure to meet. I am equally happy you were able to utilize our transportation. Every day we strive to ensure all our shuttle services run smoothly and efficiently. Thank you again for the review and we will see you the next time you travel to Hollywood, Florida.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I was surprised by this hotel. I dont usually stay at Comfort Inn and the fact that they provided free transportation from the airport and to the cruise terminal was the fact that we tried this. It was a nice hotel with a nice pool. The Tikki bar did not open until later which was a disapointment but it was still nice. The rooms are a little dated, but clean and comfortable. The hotel is near places to eat and within walking distance to a kmart. There is a BJ's around the corner (5 min walk) if you want to purchase alcohol. You do not need a BJ's card to do this because the liquor store is a seperate enterance.
We would stay here again. The shuttle service also took us to "The Jungle Queen" for a fee, but they were ontime and the shuttle bus driver was very nice. The front desk went over the top to make you happy. Nice Experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are off an outside hallway, but some are closer to the pool than others.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Islandgirl134,
T
he staff and management at Comfort Inn would like to thank you for posting such a positive review. I am glad that you were able to see some local attractions while you stayed with us. I am equally enthusiastic you found the front desk so accommodating. We work hard every day making sure all guests share your feelings towards our hotel. Thank you for letting us be a part of your vacation and we will see you the next time you travel to Hollywood, Florida.

Director of Customer Service
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport/South Cruise Port
Quality Inn & Suites Hollywood Boulevard
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/C...
#86 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
3.0 of 5 stars 1,318 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South? Share your experiences!