“VACATION RELAXATION FUN SUN AND MORE!” 5 of 5 stars

Riptide Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 North Surf Road, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
SOUTH FLORIDA
“VACATION RELAXATION FUN SUN AND MORE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

My husband and I live right here in south florida and never knew we had such a beautiful piece of Paradise 10 minutes away ,we wanted a weekend to relax with the kids on the beach and the Riptide Hotel was recommended to us. we are so Glad we booked here the staff was great the service fantastic we got to use the grills the beach chairs and there bikes to ride the Beautiful Boardwalk in a nut shell the kids had a blast and we had an amazing time I would highly recommend this hotel to all my Friends!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

“It is what it is" as my old boss would stay. It is a great value right on the beach. Its management is excellent, the Staff were great (shout out to Veronica and Lisa)! The location is to die for and the facilities are very clean and comfortable. You walk out of your room right across the boardwalk and you are on the beach. We used the bikes, beach chairs, towels and snorkel equipment everyday, complements of the Hotel. We grilled two times on the grills provided and made good use of the mini-kitchen located in our room. We loved the locals and the continuous live music. I would have to say ,much to my surprise ,you could barley hear the music or the occasional patron excitement while in our room. The owner Scott was very cordial and helpful and made us fill right at home. We will be going back in the future and would recommend this Hotel to anyone who wants to chill and have a good time.

Leland and Dona Maines

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
hereford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

I chose this hotel because of the reviews and the free use of beach chairs. Hard to take chairs when you fly. They did have just about anythng you needed, and that was nice. I knew there was a Tiki bar, but expected things to shut down at a reasonable hour-they don't. So if you're a light sleeper don't expect to get much sleep here. One morning I was awakened in the wee hours to someone screaming and yelling profanities. This went on quite awhile. Friendly? I guess not if you don't frequent the Tiki bar. The owner spoke to us when we checked in and that was the only person who spoke to us while we were there. This inclluded while I was sitting in the office printing my boarding passes and someone was going in out.
Would I go back? Hhhmm. Maybe. The price was really nice and the room (including the condition) was just about what you expect right on the beach. We loved the boardwalk and having free beach chairs was really nice.,but I'd prefer a hotel in the same area that offers all of the extras without the drunks. Any suggestions?

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

We stayed here as a weekend getaway to celebrate my son's 18th birthday since he LOVES the beach. The hotel is so quaint and the owner (Scott) and Veronica are both friendly folks.We felt very comfortable here and the ocean view from our room was unbelievable! The Boardwalk was convenient too with lots to do and see.
As far as the Tiki Bar goes, our room was located right above it and the noise level was not really disturbing which surprised me because i thoroughly expected it to get loud and it never did! We will DEFINITELY return for a long weekend as soon as possible.
Thanks to all for everything!!

Lpstklzbe

The Bay Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

Location: Hollywood, Florida, United States, North America

Title: good, yet...

ID#: 36944581

I stayed in this motel for a week. As noted by other reviewers, the owners are friendly, the motel is on the beach and the rooms are spacious and clean.

However, the potential guests should know that there is a "tiki bar" right under their room, in the middle of the courtyard. It is usually full of beer-swilling locals who are not shy about vocalizing their happiness. Which means you may have trouble going to sleep.

More irritating, the owners charged my credit card TWICE for the same expense. Major hassle. It took me half a year to get Citi take off the charges. So: be careful!

Update: I've received an aggressive email from the owner requesting I withdraw the review.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
RIPTIDEHollywood, Owner at Riptide Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2009
Since your stay in May of 2007 I have fired the management for being dishonest and almost all the employees and have been running the hotel myself since February 2008.We appreciate you pointing out what a lively bar we have, It keeps the people who are looking for tranquility from coming here and being disappointed. And thank you for repeatedly renewing it every couple of months even though you only stayed here once over two years ago.
bolton, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights before we cruised from Miami. We were made to feel very welcome from the minute we arrived. The staff at the hotel were really lovely. They have pool towels for you to use as well as beach chairs and bicycles.
The hotel is right on the beachfront of Hollywood - really beautiful.
We chose our room on the internet and chose the 2 bedroom 'owners suite' so we had a little more room and it also looked like it had been recently modernised. I have to say that the room was filthy. Down the side of the furniture there was an inch of dust, there were hairs on the floor and in the bed, there were random cupboards with obscure items in - more like a storage cupboard for the hotel, there was another storage cupboard full of linen and towels, the kitchen cupboards and fridge were also dirty.
I would say that this is a fabulous place to stay, but house keeping definitely needs some attention paying to it as this was the only thing that let it down. If this was addressed I would stay again.
In response to others' postings on the tiki bar, it was busy till the early hours but it never disturbed us whatsoever.

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

My wife and I, our 2 sons and onther couple just returned from one week at The Riptide.
It was awesome!!
The hotel is an older Hollywood Beach Building, but has been very nicely renovated.
Clean, Right on the beach and the boardwalk........From the owner, to the bartenders, and even the patrons, you will feel like you have been frinds forever. Great people!!!
I would highly reccommend The Riptide for anyone going to the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area!
I know we will definately be back there!!
Ken, Kim, Jamie and Chance N.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Riptide Hotel? Share your experiences!