“Great escape with great food.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Council Oak Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 488 Restaurants in Hollywood
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US 441/State Road 7
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great escape with great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I took my wife for dinner to Council Oak and we've always wanted to try it since it's inside the Seminole casino. It is a bit pricey, but it's not your regular Sizzler. Plus, there wasn't a food order minimum. Some places require a main course per person. My wife wasn't that hungry and we splitted a steak with several side dishes.
The ambiance is fine and the food was delicious. We ordered the porterhouse steak and it was cooked just right and tender.
We had dressed semi-formal since it is a fine steakhouse, but you'll also see patrons in shorts, tank tops and flip-flops.
Maybe a minor dress code wouldn't hurt.

• Visited July 2013

Aventura, Florida, Usa
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Beautiful restaurant, excellent service, outstanding quality aged steaks, as well as ribs and veal chops, great selection of wines, awesome appetizers, great variety of side orders with great presentation and flavors...

• Visited May 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“One of my favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants that we go to for special occasions or when we just feel like treating ourselves. It is pricey but worth it. I always get the twin lobster tails and my wife always gets the surf & turf. Both are amazing. The filet Mignon is so tender and tasty. The lobster is always very good too. The only thing is about a year or so ago they changed the drawn butter which isn't as good as it used to be. We also always get the lobster bisque soup which is FANTASTIC. Service is top notch and there is nothing bad I can say.

The only thing is we recently went to NYY Steakhouse in the casino in Coconut Creek, FL. Another excellent restaurant. They both are similar but each has something better than the other.

Filet Mignon is tastier at Council Oak
Lobster tails are a whole lot sweeter and more tender at NYY Steakhouse
Lobster Bisque soup at Council Okay is great, Crab bisque at NYY Steakhouse is just ok.
Council Oak validates for valet parking, NYY does not.

You will love both restaurants, you really can't go wrong.

• Visited May 2013
Hollywood, Florida
“Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Excellent service, Excellent food, Excellent drinks. It is expensive and cost me several hundred bucks but worth every penny. The food is always amazing and the managers provide personalized service - JK and Serge. We visit as much as we can.

Visited May 2013
FORT LAUDERDALE
“A MUST DO BRUNCH!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My family and I made reservations for the Mother's Day Brunch. I had heard so many great things about it prior to my visit, that we decided to try it. We were soooo happy that we did! OMG, it is amazing.....There are so many different food stations that I didnt know where to start. So, I started with the large shrimp and crab......yummmm! Everyone in my family tried all different types of food and everyone was very very pleased! My husband especially liked the crab eggs benedict:) Of course we had to save room for the expansive dessert area. I have never seen so many amazing desserts in one place! I tried a few of them, but my favorite was the bananas foster that they make fresh right in front of you.
The waiters were had were very attentive and kept bringing us more (all included) mimomas:)

We will definately do it again. It is pricey at about 56.00 per person so we will save it for special occasions...