“Go for the Pink Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
Loveland, Colorado
“Go for the Pink Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I like this hotel, despite some minor inconveniences. Be polite to the maids and you'll get better service. Beach is fabulous, pool is great, nice coffee cart in lobby. Cruise the Broadwalk and be sure to check out the free concerts at the nearby band shell.

Fun shopping (tho the little store in the hotel is mega-pricey) and $1 trolley to the Walmart to the south. The concierge is a good source of info and the security people are super nice. Comparison shop before you eat -- there are some great deals nearby, but beware that some eateries automatically add a huge tip. Parking is expensive but convenient.

Scope out the fire exits -- there was a small electrical fire on the main floor the last time we visited, but the staff did everything they could to make sure guests were not unduly stressed out. Library is close by and offers computers. Senior center offers yoga classes inside and on the beach. We honeymooned there and enjoyed ourselves. Bring or buy a hat and lots of sunscreen and a souvenir water bottle.

Room Tip: Be nice to the desk clerk and ask for a Good Room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Historichollywood, Manager at Historic Hollywood Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time for write a review about the hotel and the great things you can do around our property.
Our staff will be recognized for their service.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay here at The Historic Hollywood Beach Resort.
We look forward to hearing for you and having you stay with us again!

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
South Wales United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Hate giving bad review s ...stayed here last year wrote a nice review ...like it so much came back this year ... Started at desk asked if they took travellers cheques ,was told no so got my cash out asked for credit card for backup ,but with out even asking took the two nights off my card which I told him I didn't want to pay with card anyway it was done my husband took car tocar park got to pay separate for that paid two nights ,while I waited with case on a seat outside three men came out to have a smoke one in pyjamas ,I felt uncomftable all using bad language ,went up to the room little room from last time but paid more money and didn't have tickets for breakfast not if I would have eaten there .. I could see it wasn't clean ,was shocked because year before was a spotless room safe had no battery in it so asked at desk the girl said she sent someone up ...they never came long black hairs in the bath and sink ..cooker around that area dirty didn't like to complain my husband said we manage we not in the room for long and was eating out I wasn't happy but we just don't complain ,so we went out for the evening come back was in bed I was itching all night afraid to say anything to my husband woke in morning had a rally bad rash over me went and cleaned bathroom so I could have a shower towels were grey colour was feeling really upset at this stage next thing there was a huge cockroach walking about I was running crying there we others there that was dead something on wardrobe door that looked nasty sticky headboard and to my horror my husband had said he was itching in bed all night too ,looked in the bed omg long black hairs in there with all black little bits I do not know what I had slept with the house keeping was really bad packed up to leave went down stairs told the man on desk ALDO had cockroaches we want our money back he didn't say anything to me only give me a refund for the second night ,I said I want a full refund as I am not paying to stay in a dirty room with cockroaches he done something on my receipt he wrote refunded the full amount we had payed .. Since home had bank statement only refunded half the money oh I am going back not long and I will be sure to take a trip there and demand the rest off my money I lost all my food for the beach was afraid to take it and car parking they won't get away with it ...sent to nice emails no reply off them so I have come on here to warn other people looking at other reviews aim not the first and you can tell by management they got no customer care ..they don't even answer any of their reviews how rude they are stay away from this dirty place ...and rude staff .. I will up load the pictures up of the room and cockroaches soon

Room Tip: Turn around and run to another hotel !!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Pros: on the beach, very nice pool area, convenient to restaurants and shopping, close to airport

Cons: mostly abandoned mall on first floor, security/staff is rude, a/c wasn't working in our room so they brought us a fan, building has major repairs that need made (for example a stairwell by the pool that is falling in and surrounded by caution tape and is held up by 2x4 boards,) elevator doesn't work properly and fell approximately 2 feet while we were inside and then was out of order for awhile during our stay, pool closes at 8 pm, card is needed to use elevators, pool and fitness center, parking is expensive and adjacent to the hotel at $15/day, musty smell in the hallways and lobby, no balconies and most ocean view rooms also have a view of the roof.

Overall, we had a decent time. The room we stayed in was managed by SG resorts so our room was quite a bit cleaner and nicer than most others in the building. (As other reviewers have stated the property is managed by two separate groups.) We were in the penthouse (PH5.) It was very modern and updated. The rest of the building needs major renovations.

Stayed June 2014
N Miami, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed there last Saturday night. My husband accidently broke a pane out of the window in our hotel room. (it was a thin pain of glass, not hurricane glass). They charged us an additional $400 to replace that pane of glass. Outrageous!! We could have gone and bought the glass and replaced it our selves for under $100.00.
And the room was dirty, a/c would not go below 79 degrees.
I do not recommend to anyone!!

Room Tip: go down the boardwalk to the Marriott, it has got to be better.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Historichollywood, Manager at Historic Hollywood Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
I apologize you feel this way but you did not put a picture I have the picture and it is a double window it cost a lot of money to fix, You never offered to fix it. From what I see in the notes you threw the phone at your husband and missed. So please be a little more fair with your review. It's not just any window because it faces the ocean it has to be specially designed because of the turtles.
Management
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Was very skeptical to stay here reading all the bad reviews, but we had a great time. We rented our studio off Airbnb - so maybe that was the 1st good step to take as this unit is personally owned. It was small but clean & the A/C worked great. Definitely an old hotel - could be amazing if someone came & put some money into it. Staff was very helpful & courteous. Beach bar was fun & pool & beach were beautiful. No real complaints other than we had to use the laundry facilities to wash the 1 set of towels each of us had. We also had to clean our own studio - but that's the difference in renting a studio vs. getting it as a hotel room.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Historichollywood, Manager at Historic Hollywood Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for staying with us here at the Historic Hollywood Beach Resort and for taking the time to write a review. We also appreciate your positive comments and we hope to see back here real soon.
Thank you so much.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My fiancé and I went stayed at this hotel on our pre honeymoon/vacation. Figuring it would of been a really nice hotel and a nice piece of history to the area. We pulled in the hotel and parked in the check in parking. As we walked up to the entrance, the valet parking staff demanded for our keys. Very ignorent and non professional people! We walk in to check in and the front desk agent was non professional and very ignorent. He also charged my debit car the $10 a day resort fee without even letting me know that he was doing so. Then he proceeds to tell me the the parking is 15 dollars a day for self parking and 18 dollars a day for valet parking. Nothing was said to us when we made the reservation. Then the security personnel were very ignorent as well. There's a door you have to go through in order to get to the elevators. Not knowing anything about the property, we walk through as somebody was walking out. Security yells at us and demands that we have to swipe our room card in order to use the elevators. We had another problem with security as well. After speaking with the hotel manager about all of the problems we had experienced, needless to say she was very well mannered and very professional unlike the other staff and refunded our resort fee. Overall Hollywood is a great area to stay and tour but do not stay at this hotel!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

it was 230am on a saturday night and i had booked a hotel via hotels.com, hotels.com confirmed the hotel with me and i took a $60 cab ride to your hotel, i was advised that your hotel was at capacity and that emails were sent to hotels.com to advise them not to sell more rooms. rachel ley introduced herself, she apologized for hotels.com blunder and the fact that i was overcharged grossly for what should have been a $30 cab ride max. she checked every room in the hotel to make sure they were booked, paid for and utilized until she found one room that wasn't and she gave it to me, she was a life saver and should be recognized for her value of service and an asset to your firm. when i go to florida again i will be staying at your hotel for only one reason, and the reason is rachel levy's customer service!! thx again rachel, you're great!!!

Room Tip: get the ocean view, its beautiful
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends