“called for reservation info - went no further.. BEWARE LAST "19 PEOPLE WHO JUST BOOKED" AT THIS HOTEL” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Historic Hollywood Beach Resort

You added Historic Hollywood Beach Resort to your Saves list
Historic Hollywood Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood Blvd & Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #55 of 67 Hotels in Hollywood
Deerfield Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Any rating lower than Horrible??? I called for BASIC information on availability, rates & directions. The person answering the phone was the rudest person I have ever spoken to ... ever., It makes pulling teeth look like a picnic. She rattled off the angriest, vaguest answers (Just come down Hollywood Blvd, we're right there...PERIOD! ) & sounded as though I was bothering her. When I asked for a bit more details, she rattled off the same answer in higher tones. I asked "why are you shouting?" She replied, "Believe me, I'm not shouting... I could shout if I wanted to & you would know it!"
UNBELIEVABLE!! I told her in no uncertain terms that she should not be in the hospitality industry... an argument ensued and she slammed the phone down, screaming something ??? Curiously, I then checked their ratings.. I should have done that first & spared myself the agony of the "Angry Uunprofessional"
Needless to say, they have just removed themselves from my & my associates' accommodation options... they couldn't pay me to stay there... ever!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Donelle2014

Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed for one night, prior to going on a cruise, in February 2014 whilst on our honeymoon. I was so disappointed when we arrived. After an hour and a half waiting at the airport for the hotel complimentary shuttle bus, we eventually arrived at the hotel. We had booked a superior queen room but the hotel 'upgraded' is to a suite as it was our honeymoon. I have never been so disgusted at a room. It was dirty, had a damp smell, patches of damp on the ceiling, just awful. We asked if we had been upgraded or was that the room we had originally booked. We could not stay in the room and asked to be moved. After much discussion, the hotel moved us to a slightly better room, not too much better to be honest.

The main reason for staying here was it was close to the cruise port, personally I don't think a 30 minute drive is close at all.

Finally. I will never stay here again, and I would recommend avoiding this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank LeeseM
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

You get what you pay for. For the price it's hard to complain. If you pay too much I can understand being unhappy as this is truly a 3 star hotel. The major problem is the housekeeping. Mold and mildew in the bathroom grout is unacceptable. A spritz of bleach each time the room is cleaned would do the trick. Our tile floor was filthy. The tile has clearly been damaged/pitted over the years and the dirt and sand just settles into the pits. The tile could be steam cleaned and re- sealed and it would be good as new. Other issues included malfunctioning fire alarms before dawn and a ridiculous $10.00/day "resort" fee for the really lousy wi-fi, use of the pool (Which has extremely limited hours: 9AM-7 PM!!!) and pool towels!!! Imagine being charged for these items that are included in the price at any other hotel. On the plus side the windows in our room have been replaced. That was a big improvement. The hotel is right on the beach. Cabanas and lounge chairs can be rented on the beach. There is a bar on the boardwalk outside the hotel but it is sub-standard. Walk north on the board walk for better options. We had no trouble with the front desk or concierge. There is a free shuttle to and from the airport. Sadly, the little convenience store in the lobby has closed, but I understand a new one is going in.

Room Tip: If you pay for on ocean view room be sure to stipulate 5th floor or higher. If you get the 4th floo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
Rothesay, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Then this is the the place for you!

Let me start by directing you to the overall ratings for this dump. Look above, do you see what I see? Over 50% of the reviews are terrible or poor. In fact, the reviews are totally reverse to what you'd like to see for a hotel. So if that isn't enough to convince you, then read on.

I'm sorry I didn't read some of these reviews before I committed to staying in this sewer for 2 weeks. We booked a condo in this place for 2 weeks from Feb 9-23, 2014. When we arrived we were given our keys and headed to our room. The room was a complete mess. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. The bathtub had mold all around it and there was filth and crud in every corner of the room. We immediately went out and bought cleaner and javex to clean the place. I spent most of the first couple of days trying to clean. We lifted up the non-slip mat on the bathtub and I am not kidding one bit when I say I don't think it was ever cleaned under there.

As I mentioned above, we were to spend two weeks there and the first week I was hoping to get some work done and use their wifi connection. After spending most of the first day connecting, reconnecting over and over again, I went to the front desk to ask what was going on. I was told, "Oh yeah, its really flaky in the rooms, you'll have to sit in the lobby and try". The lobby was no better so I finally gave up on that.

On our third night, my wife and I were awakened several times by a stench that I cannot adequately describe. I can only say that I once read that if you ever smell the odor of a decomposing body, you'll never forget it. This is what I imagined the smell was. We both felt ill in the morning and the odor was in the halls and room. Disgusting! As we sat there contemplating what to do next, my wife let out a yelp and pointed at the fridge. Cockroaches climbing up the side and back of it! We packed up and left on day 4 of a 14 day stay.

We were lucky. We got our money back from the owner of the condo but after talking to several people in the South Florida area who knew the resort only too well, I learned that we were very lucky. The hotel and individual owners are typically not that nice.

So you've all been warned. The only thing this place has going for it is location. Its stinks, its dirty, the wifi doesn't work and you'll have multi-legged friends to deal with if you stay there. Do yourself a favour, stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Butsy2014
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My sisters and I stayed at the Hollywood Beach Resort for four nights - Feb. 24th - Feb. 28th - and loved everything about it. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and had everything we needed. We quickly figured out the check in procedure - there are two front desks. The obvious front desk in the lobby of the hotel does not do the majority of check ins, seems to do only timeshares. The smaller check in desk located outside and to the right of the main entrance took care of everything for us. The security officers by the elevators are friendly and do an excellent job of checking who enters so make sure to have your elevator key. We were very pleased with how quiet the hotel is. We did not hear people in other rooms beside or above us. It is a historic hotel with high ceilings and nice wide halls and has been renovated so everything is new and fresh. The continental breakfast was minimal but perfect for starting the day with oatmeal, bagels, fresh fruit, muffins, coffee, juices, etc. The amenities were outstanding. The pool is large, warm and has comfortable lounge chairs. It is probably the largest pool on the beach and it is right on the boardwalk and beach! The pool staff was friendly and always greeted us with a smile. The beach was clean and the water was clear and warm. Easy access right across from the hotel. We loved the boardwalk with all the small stores and great places to eat.

Overall, Hollywood Beach Resort was an excellent choice for us to have a relaxing and fun vacation. Don't believe the negative reviews because it truly is wonderful!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank happyatthebeach29
Morgantown, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

First arriving , we almost left to find another place, but decided to stay. The old original decor is interesting, but the buck stops there! The room smelled, you cannot control your own AC. You have to ask for cleaning service. No one really tells you anything. I had to ask if there was any kind of continental breakfast, they check your room number first. We were given tickets and told to walk around the corner, and when we did all we saw was a lady with a cart with coffee and sweets, and another place with sandwiches. So back in line we go to ask exactly where it is, and it turns out to be cart lady. So back we go to pick out our two free items. There was another continental upstairs, but nobody seemed to know who it was for. The employees really act like its a bother to talk! The wifi goes in and out, and again I had to call front desk for password. Anything you need to know is like pulling teeth! No onsite parking, but the garage next door is 15 a day. This is truly a no frills place! The location is excellent. The pool is very nice, but again you have to waitnin long lines at front desk to check out a towel. We made the best of our stay since we didnt spend much time in room, but for the $ , I think I would check into other places.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jmam13
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a week Feb, 8- 15. Always a broken elevator. Took the stair which smelled like urine, throw up and had a dirty sock which was never cleaned up the whole time we stayed there. We complained to the front desk many times. Back stairway door was always unlocked. The front desk was rude, never smiling always in a hurry, one guy even said, "Yea what do you want", like I was bothering him. The rooms are small, but clean. The location of the hotel was good. Pool was small, crowed, smokers, and not enough chairs for people. The heater was broken in the pool. I will not stay here again. A lot of nice places to eat on the boardwalk. Beach was nice, except for the blue jelly fish which were everywhere the latter part of the week.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends