“Stay with the SG side” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Historic Hollywood Beach Resort

You added Historic Hollywood Beach Resort to your Saves list
Historic Hollywood Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood Blvd & Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #55 of 67 Hotels in Hollywood
South Haven, Michigan, United States
“Stay with the SG side”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The room was clean and we had a terrific view. Very good beds and pillows. Quiet and nice to see the sunrise. Great location on the boardwalk and the OMalleys bar was great before we retired. The staff was super friendly, and Lou was great. Would stay here again on the SG side.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room. We were on the 7th floor in the middle of the floor
1 Thank Jacquelyn C

St. Catharines, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The mattress was hard and very uncomfortable, only two very uncomfortable wrought iron chairs and small table, no other furniture not even one comfortable chair to sit in to watch tv, no rack or drain tray in kitchen, broken toaster, broken clock radio, clogged bathroom sink which would gurgle two or three times a day and night spewing up sewer water and dirt with a terrible odor, etc.,etc.,etc. Upon returning home, I contacted the owner of this room, Henry Frattaroli, explaining all of the above to him and his response to me was, and I quote, "I Don't Care". The hotel itself was very old and a bit run down and could use a complete renovation and thorough cleaning. The location was excellent with a two mile boardwalk with all kinds of shops and eating places right out back with the ocean right along side. If you go there, DO NOT RENT FROM HENRY FRATTAROLI or your vacation will be ruined!

Room Tip: Rooms on 7th floor facing the ocean would be the best rooms to stay in.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank maitai2014

Travelers are raving about these Hollywood hotels

Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

we are glad we gave this historic place a chance,after reading some of the negative reviews,ever one has there own opinon.Mine is i would come back.The room was clean the hallways were clean
the food was good.And the staff was friendly.WE couldn't of asked for a better stay.And come on people its the beach.Keep up the good work HISTORIC HOLLYWOOD BEACH.YOU GUYS ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK.Love the pool

Room Tip: Ocean View is to die for
2 Thank city girl b
Boulder, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We received vouchers and a reservation here from American Airlines when stuck at the Miami airport, which is over 45 min away. Finally arrived here at 1:30 in the morning, and I requested a newly rennovated room (per the other reviews). The desk clerk said that he did not know which rooms were rennovated but they were all fine. The room itself was pretty spacious with two double beds, and a tiny kitchenette and full bath. The sheets were clean, but the bathroom was gross - hair and dirt on the walls and mirror and the showerhead had gross mold/deposits on it. At that point I wasn't going to complain - we had a bed after being awake for nearly 36 hours and I didn't pay for it. But I can't recommend it.

There are places to get breakfast down the path along the beach, but they were not very good. Also, they took an impression of my credit card and would not return it when I left. They said they needed it for their files. A little disturbing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank bldrcomtngirl
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

After reading reviews on here I was very worried. But we have nothing but positive things to say. We arrived at the Hotel at 11 am. Check in isn't until 4, but they said they would try to get us in asap. They held our bags and we went to get lunch. We came back at 12:30, but our room (city view) wasn't ready so... They put us in an Ocean Front that was ready for check in! Thanks to Danny at the front desk. Yes the Hotel is Old and Outdated, but it is CLEAN and Well Maintained and the Front Desk customer service was Outstanding! The Location of this Hotel is the biggest positive! The people on here hating are either the unluckiest travelers ever or just Way to Snotty. I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Don't rent from Owners Rentals, make sure your room is booked through the Hotel Part. We used O...
2 Thank Stephen C
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I need to say that I just came back from this trip and I can lay out the positives. The location is perfect on Hollywood Beach, right in the middle of all the cute restaurants and shops and of course, the hotel has direct access to the beach. The pool and the hot tub were a plus, as I wasn't expecting this...I need to say that this hotel has a lot of potential and I really hope the management renovates and replaces staff. The cons: rude staff that literally looked like they wanted me to put them out of their misery. The entire place reeks of mold and the entire first floor of the hotel is a sad, scary vacant "mall" with the majority of its shops boarded up. The hallways also reeked of mold. The room we got seemed to be a part of the condo part of the hotel rather than the "hotel" part. Note this when staying here...the room was okay but the bathroom shower was stained and I couldn't help but feel that the entire room was a bit moldy. We didn't pay much for it and other rooms seem to be much better by the pictures on trip advisor. Just make sure to really research what room you get...if you love the beach then it may be worth giving this hotel a try!

Room Tip: Higher rooms ABOVE the 4th floor or else you will be staring at the lower level concrete roof
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank csakow
David H, General Manager at Historic Hollywood Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding the property. We are in fact trying to upgrade all apects of the property and will continue to make efforts.
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

This place is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. After driving 23 from NY it was awful to have to spend a night here. Unfortunately, it was almost 10PM and we had no choice but to sleep in a very CREEPY looking bedroom. The bedroom was like from a horror movie from the 20's. The decoration and appliances were sooo outdated that it felt like being trapped in the past. When I booked, I had seen a really nice picture of a bedroom with a nice eat in kitchen and tile all throughout the room. But the room I was given smelled like pee and it was partially carpeted with some of the carpet coming out of the wall and full of stains God only knows from what. The toilet was a joke!! The pillows and the bed smelled like sweat!! The whole hallway stunk too. They showed me another room that was just as horrible and while being on that floor, I figured out that on top of everything this place was "pet friendly" so that could explain some of the stains on the carpet and the pee smell of the room. The next day we went out hotel hunting and found a really nice place. When we went back to the nasty Historic Hollywood Beach Resort, they told us that they could not refund us the money and that I had to go through Kayak to get reimbursed. DO NOT EVER EVEN THINK OF GIVING THIS PLACE A CHANCE. It is LITERALLY TERRIBLE!!!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LauraNY2
Thank you for your review. While I am saddened to read your comments please be assured that we are taking measures to improve all aspects of the property and staff.