“Bad Experience....” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Bad Experience....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I live in Georgia, but we are both from the Hollywood area and we actually got married on Hollywood Beach 8 years ago. So, I am very familiar with most of the boutique hotels in the area and I guess I am use to the older buildings with the not so modern decor that others complain about. However, the one thing that I will not tolerate is dirt, filth and mold. We stayed in Neptune in September of last year for Labor Day weekend and the room that we stayed in was absolutely filthy. There was mold on the walls, in the air vents, even on the lamp that was beside our bed. My husband, who suffers with allergies woke up the next morning coughing, sneezing, and with a runny nose. The mold was making him sick and we had no choice but to get out of that room. The desk clerk contacted her manger who then informed us that management would not refund us our money for the remainder of our stay but she offered to move us to another room. The new room didn't have mold, but it still wasn't very clean. When I told the office we were still unhappy with the cleanliness of the new room. She then offered me a free night in one of the King suites at the Neptune for future use. She apologized and kinda shifted the blame on the fact that the housekeeper that cleaned that particular building wasn't as clean as the other housekeeper that cleaned the other buildings. I understand that perhaps the housekeeper didn't clean well that day, but as you can see from the pics that I've attached, the room was full of mold that had probably been in the room for quite some time. To make matters worse I called the Neptune to use the free 1 night hotel voucher that I was given. I was informed that the hotel now has a new manager and that I couldn't use the voucher unless i agreed to stay more than one night. Then the desk clerk comes back and tells me, I can't use the voucher at all because I was trying to use it on the night of Memorial Day (although I know they have vacancy available). Holidays are really the only time we're able to get away to the beach. Neptune ruined my last holiday get away in Hollywood, as my husband was sick for days from the mold. So basically the whole "free night" to make up for our mistake of sticking you in a mold infested room...is subject to all kinds of terms and restrictions. I wouldn't advise anyone to stay at the Neptune.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Neptune was clean and extremely convenient. right on the beach and boardwalk. We even had a couple beach chairs in the closet to use! The staff was great and very helpful. My friend forgot her blow dryer and they had one for use. The pool was clean and never over populated. The free use of bicycles was righteous! I definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

I travel a lot and often and when we for to Hollywood Florida this will be where we stay! I loved it! Nice warm clean pool, spacey rooms, clean, comfy bed, nice customer service! Everyone in the front was nice and place is right on the beach it was AWESOME!!! Only two things wrong! The shower was very small not enough room for two people. The second problem is the breakfast sucked when they said light they meant it! Good thing we left there and went on an all you can eat buffet cruise. Other then those it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! Would go again:)

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Rockford, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Don't get upset at first impressions. When we drove in the area looked dumpy and run down. My wife almost broke down in tears while I was checking in. It was a bit scary until we had a second review. The room and area were just fine. There are old hotels surrounded by newer properties. The outside does show it's age but the room was clean, quiet and a bit of a taste of the 50's.
We needed a place to stay for 1 night on the way to a cruise and may just go back if we are in the area.

Room Tip: This is an collection of 4-5 older properties. Book early for a good $. For a long stay ask about ro...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here twice in January 2015, total of 7 days. The location is great, right on the broadwalk, oceanfront. You can walk to shops, eateries and just for exercise. Most, if not all rooms have ocean views. The front desk staff and housekeeping was very accommodating and friendly. I dealt with Dominique and Christine at the front desk. The rooms have full size fridge, stove and sink. It is basic and clean. Would recommend for those looking for value and location.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our family stayed here june 2014 and returning this june. what a wonderful relaxing place to stay. So many things to do and out of the hustle and bustle of ft lauderdale or miami. strongly recommend coming to florida to book. walk across to the beach, walk the boardwalk, ride the bikes, and the pool is heated so it is lovely. Actually had the honor of seeing a turtle nesting. lived in miami all my life and this was the first. what a experience for the grandkids. Can't wait to come back janet

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for a few days during Spring Break- great location on the boardwalk and on the beach! Staff very helpful- easy to get transportation from the airport. Place is comfortable- large bedroom and great pool area. Nice to walk to restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: set back from boardwalk
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!