“Location was great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Ottawa Ontario
“Location was great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We thought it could not get any better being situated right on the boardwalk, steps from the ocean, however, the hotel was definitely lacking in some ways. Reading previous reviews I would disagree on some of the points.
First off, no phone in your rooms - you are supposed to use your cellphone. Now they were good in letting us use their business phone in the office, as long as the call was brief, and we could call anywhere in the world for no cost, but it didn't make up for lack of privacy.
Secondly the kitchen was not properly stocked. We had to have housekeeping go from room to room to scrounge up another steak knife as there was only one, plus there were no knives at all for cutting bread or chopping vegetables or meat, not even a potato peeler or wine corkscrew. Now if this is an efficiency unit, one would expect to find the necessities to prepare a meal. The teflon frying pan left teflon bits in your eggs when you scrambled them. Apparently you were supposed to buy your own paper towels, salt and pepper. They do not even supply kitchen cloths to wash the counters with. But there was a sponge/pot scrubber left for us on the 3rd cleaning day.
The bathroom did not come with a hair dryer but you could request one from the office. I don't know if I chose the wrong time for a shower, but most of the time the water was not hot, however my husband timed his better and had no issues. Again they did not supply face cloths, just hand towels and bath towels. Strange.
The units are advertised as tastefully furnished and they aren't - the bed did squeak when sitting down but it provided a good sleep.
The staff for the most part were really awesome. You receive room cleaning 3 times a week and they did do a good job.
The pool was decent sized and there were nice loungers by it. Out front are anti-gravity chairs and being exposed to the ocean, unfortunately they are rusting, and can stain your light coloured clothes. I used a towel when I sat and it worked well.
Continental breakfast consisted of coffee or tea, milk, bananas, cheerios, pastry was little debbie pastries or dinner rolls and I think I saw english muffins once.
If you go in pre-warned in terms of expectations of what your unit actually contains and you are not planning to cook in your unit then you will not be disappointed.
With Margaritaville opening up on the boardwalk and the other new construction jobs planned, I would imagine these older hotels will soon be swallowed up and replaced which is unfortunate.
If this were not located directly on the boardwalk at the beach I would say this was a 3 star hotel, but location is everything. Because of the location we enjoyed our time there.
Would we go back - probably not. But the price was great. If you give it a thumbs up on Facebook they will reduce your rate by 15%. I didn't.

Room Tip: Ocean views are awesome!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Bernadette S, Operations Director at Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Seeing a review from this guest was no surprise, I am surprised that she didn't hit us with a 2 or 1 star because that is just the type of attitude she had through her entire stay. No matter what we did wasn't good enough.

I am first going to address the phone situation. Never, did we once, ever, tell her she needed to make her phone calls brief.
This is something we offer free to all of our guests that do not have cell phones and we have no time limit. You can call any country in the world and we don't tell you to make it brief. As for the privacy of the call, yes, I am currently making adjustments to have a cell phone for the guests, so that if they need to make a personal, international. FREE call, they may do so and do so in their room, then bring the phone back when they are done.

The kitchens are stocked with 6 settings and pots and pans, plus one set of cooking utensils, pasta drainer and much more. We also supply your dish rag, dishwasher liquid and dish soap if you choose not to utilize the dishwasher in the kitchen. We bought corkscrews for wine and wine glasses and all of them started to disappear, so many have to be replaced. Odds are, if it is something like that, you might find it in our office where we mark who has it and expect it to be returned.
If you stay here for long term, yes, it is absolutely up to the customer to pick up the necessities that they may need while they are here.
We have ironing boards, irons, hair dryers in the office to check out because people flat out try to steal them.
People try to steal many things. We are always replacing items in the kitchens because people
like to grab things that aren't nailed down. It's the unfortunate thing about the hospitality business.

The staff for every part of this customers visit was awesome. She was the one who instantly had attitude when she found out we don't have phones in the rooms. We don't advertise the phones.
We bent over backwards for her and I'm glad that because of the staff (for the most part) got us 3 stars from her.

We prefer that she visits another hotel next time around though. Then again, she will still find something to complain about, because those hotels may have phones in their rooms but I guarantee you it isn't free to call out of the US.

Best of luck to you on your next visit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I just got back from Neptune, stayed there from November 25th-December 5th. I came across this hotel by accident, as there are many small and big hotels on Hollywood Beach. I have stayed at the Marriott before (located within a 2 min walk from Neptune) but after this stay at Neptune have come to realize that this place is by far my favorite, it feels like home. Neptune is located right at the boardwalk. The rooms are nice and clean with a clear view of the ocean. Most importantly the personnel is wonderful and the service best by far (hands down better then Marriott) In the morning Neptune offers a great complimentary breakfast, there you will find a variety of fresh fruits, coffee, tea, juice, milk, cereal and delightful baked goods all FREE. At the pool you can sit back relax on some comfortable pool chairs or take a refreshing swim. Having stayed there for more then a week I personally witnessed the staff take great care to make sure the pool was well managed. There is a grill at the pool that is free to use, its great to make a freshly grilled dinner for your whole family. Neptune also provides FREE bikes, I would recommend taking a beautiful stroll on the boardwalk. Speaking of free there is also FREE parking, believe me that is very important since the area is very busy full of restaurants and cafes so parking could prove to be an issue. On to the room, I noticed a negative review below on room 214, and funny enough that is exactly where I stayed. I have absolutely zero complaints. The room is neat and clean with a full kitchenette, the ac works perfectly and you can easily adjust the temperature. The room has a 2 new large flat screens, clean white towels and a comfortable bed. Even in 5 star hotels if you look hard enough you will find things that would bother you. I on the other hand don't look for such, I enjoy the amazing proximity to the beach, the gorgeous view, and the unbelievable staff. To which I owe a special thanks, everyone I came in contact with was just super accommodating, friendly, and a joy to deal with. I will absolutely be back as I frequent Hollywood Beach once a year. I truly recommend Neptune Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this guest and to thank her for really checking out the room and writing this review for us.

It's very interesting how one person's review on a room can be completely different than another.

We all know that the last person that stayed in your room, only write and posted pictures of it to try and get out of paying for it.

We enjoyed having you hear and I'm pretty sure you are due to stay with us again soon, so thank you.
Looking forward to it.

Always our best to you. Have a Happy New year!!
Exeter, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

everyone there were more than helpful. anything we asked for the staff got for us in a minute. can't say enough about the helpfulness of all of the people who were associated with the hotel. the rooms were especially clean.

Room Tip: front of hotel so you can see the ocean and boardwalk
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for writing your first review for us!!

We appreciate it and I'm sure TripAdvisor appreciates a new guest.

Happy New Year!!
Auburn, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Neptune hotel was the greatest. The staff was so involved and made our stay fun. Yolanda was a great person. She made you feel welcome and would join us in picture taking and just loved life. We would stay here again, and will if we ever get to Florida again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Awesome, thanks so much!
Yolanda appreciated the shout out and we all appreciate the review here at the Neptune.

Each review makes a difference, although, I think they are a little behind on TripAdvisor tabulating our rankings , we should be much higher.

Hope your review will get us closer to number one.

Thanks
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a great place to stay in Hollywood Beach as the location is perfect for all boardwalk activities. We had the fortune of staying during the candy cane parade and were able to watch it without any crowds from the courtyard. The zero gravity chairs in the courtyard are a wonderful place to relax while enjoying the ocean or just people watching

Room Tip: We had an ocean view second floor room and it was pretty quiet
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for your first review!

Glad we broke your TripAdvisor cherry! lol

We do truly appreciate all of you that have never used TripAdvisor leaving your first review about us. It means we are doing the right marketing and getting the word out to you.

Happy New year!

Hope to see you again
Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived on mon dec 8th and was met by the lovely Dominique who was extremely nice and incredibly helpful. She helped us with everything from early check in to where to go and calling us taxis. As for the hotel itself, the room was beautiful, had a wonderful view and you just can't beat the location! You're literally just steps away from the beach and the boardwalk. Will definitely return!!!!

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

excellent service
beautiful beach
price is high in summer season
kitchen and air condition need to be change
blind need to be change
hablar espanol es importante y tener servicio de transporte a los casinos del area. thank you

Room Tip: all room are ok location but 1- the first floor rooms need new blinds, most are broken 2- many...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!