“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Gatineau, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

It was our first stay at the Neptune. Upon our arrival around 8p.m., we were greeted by Bernadette who accompanied us to our condo. Our condo faced the swimming pool. During our 4 week stay, we dealt mainly with Bernadette, Dominique and Maria who were always wery helpful by giving prompt atttention to our requests. For cleaning and maintenance our main contacts were Shirin and Rafaël, they were always available with a pleasant attitude to help. The Neptune is wery well located facing the ocean and close to restaurants. We are looking forward to return next year even though we are quite aware that there are still renovations and improvements to be made, such as: Wi-Fi in each room, clean and fix the windows for easy opening, update the decoration.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bernadette S, Marketing Director at Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your terrific review and the staff very much appreciated the acknowledgements.

We are looking forward to your next visit with us.

It's always a pleasure with people such as yourselves.

Those renovations will definitely be taken care of when we see you next!!

Have a great year!!

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Laurinburg, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I get so tired of some of these complaints! We have been coming to the Neptune Beach Club every October since 2000. I know it has changed hands now. I enjoyed every stay. Yes things were somewhat dated, but over the past few years they had been working very hard to spiff things up. It has never been dirty! It has had the tiny ant issue, not sure what planet you live on if you haven't had to deal with these before. I work in a Platinum Award winning Choice Hotel, we also from time to time battle those little boogers! just a fact of nature. The location is fabulous, and it is a "beach" hotel located steps from the beach, I have yet to stay in a well located beach hotel that didn't show some affects from the sand/sea. You just can't please some people:) They would find something to complain about even if everything was brand new. I've learned alot working in the hotel industry. Big thing meaning you must read between the lines especially on the bad reviews, those people tend to be the ones looking for a "deal" in other words a fee night. Sad but true. My suggestion on Hollywood Beach Club is give it a chance. Thanks that's my rant:)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bernadette S, Marketing Director at Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Haha! Oh my goodness! I feel like you copied my responses and made it your review. I have no words, except ditto to your review and thank you so much for coming to the defense of the Neptune Hotel.
We need more guests like you!
Thanks for the review! It's awesome!

Please continue visiting us!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had stayed here once, about five years ago and had a bad experience. I was looking for a place to stay in the area and it came up as a suggestion. The reviews were all 4-5 stars so I thought for sure it had changed hands. I remember a rude staff, dingy rooms, murky bathrooms, and really bad reviews of the 'old neptune.'

Well, they say it's under new ownership but the only things have changed are for the worse. The decor is still very dated, the sheets are threadbare, and you have to chase the maids around and beg to get a clean towel, same old Neptune Beach Club I remember. The only thing new I noticed was that they added a nonworking TV in the bedroom and got rid of the wifi. They added some new signage, as well, and they were painting the windows, so maybe they're renovating already? The whole place need a good scrubbing and some renovation.

There were little bugs in my shower, and around the kitchen-- I went to make a kettle of tea and noticed a few dead bugs floating as I was about to sip from my tea cup. After that we ate all our meals out, which defeats the purpose of having a kitchenette. Also I know for sure I booked an ocean view room but ours faced the street (though you could see the ocean from one of the windows).

You can't beat the location, but there are dozens of nicer, similarly priced hotels right at the same location, so next time I'll book early enough to stay in one of the nicer ones.

Room Tip: oceanfront is the only way to go.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bernadette S, Marketing Director at Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
I really do have to completely disagree with our reviewers claim that we have changed for the worse.
For an owner who just purchased this building which was definitely in need of renovation, just in November, I feel we have made some great changes and continue to do so.

I'm proud to stay we are not the same old Neptune Beach Club, they are gone, we are the Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel.
The outside of the building has and still is taking a lot of maintenance. We have been painting window sills, doors, balconies, we added fences around the property, added nice new mulch, grass, cobblestones in courtyard and yes new signs as well. It's going to take some more time and work to get this place not looking like it's as old as it is because the former owners never updated anything.
As for the rooms, The decor is purchased from Ikea, it's contemporary.
We got rid of the dreadful floral bedspreads and changed them to beautiful white duvets and duvet covers.
They had no TV's ever in the bedrooms and we just purchased brand new sets to add them to the rooms. Our cable provider is out here daily hitting each room to get the cable connected so people can enjoy them not only in the living room but in the bedroom as well.
They are also working on our WiFi. I have made no claims to anyone that Wifi is working in the rooms. It's hit or miss depending on what room you are in, if it's windy out, if a lot of people are on it etc.. as I have said in the past to everyone on the reviews, It works around the pool area, in our office, business center best.
Our apologies for the inconvenience it may cause anyone but it's taking much much longer than we thought to get this internet nightmare working perfectly.

No one has to be chased around to get a towel. If you are in need of some, just ask the front desk.

The Little bugs are called ANTS, they are sugar/ghost ants and they are around kitchen areas, especially coffee cups because they are drawn to sugar.
We place a liquid ant killer in every room to try and get rid of the problem, but they come back.
Hopefully the problem will go away soon.

He's right, you can't beat the location. :-)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I chose to stay at this hotel, in spite of the "roach" situation that one guest experienced and wrote about here. I weighted my options and decided that I would give it a chance because it was still highly rated on TripAdvisor and other sites. I found this place to be a gem and well worth anyone's stay. My suite was clean, smelled fresh and the furniture was free of dust. I felt at home and my king size bed was soft and comfy. Here goes my pros and cons list:

PROS:
1-It was such a peaceful place to be. Extremely quiet and I could hear the ocean waves outside my door, especially at night.
2-Bernadette was so awesome, very friendly and accommodating. In fact, she was the first person I spoke with over the phone when I completed my reservations and she told me she would be working the day of my check-in. She explained up front what was amenities or features were not working (see con's list) and we both made a compromised. I found her initial straight-forwardness honest; therefore I knew this hotel had integrity.
3-I liked their continental breakfast because the fruits were fresh and everything was clean and organized
4-I was really impressed with their laundry facility and it came in useful. In fact, the washer and dryer were both $1.00 each and they provided complimentary laundry detergent of different varieties, as well as dryer sheets...who does that?...I was impressed! and believe me, I've traveled around the world to know what I am talking about

CONS:
1-As explained to me beforehand, there was a technical issue with the cable/internet. My cable worked well in the living room of my king size suite, but not so great in the bedroom. I was ok with that because I wanted to spend more time on the beach anyway just to find tranquility because I had an ocean front suite. I really never even watched TV to be honest.
2-The internet was not working in my room specifically, as explained to me beforehand, but it gave me the perfect opportunity to sit at pool side or in the court yard to enjoy the cool breeze and use the wifi there.
3-Both bathrooms in my suite were tiny, but the other rooms within my suite were spacious and made up for that.
4-There were no telephones in my suite at all and I wanted to call the front desk for an iron and ironing board, but luckily I saw Bernadette outside and I asked her for one.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
It was an absolute pleasure to have you here.
You not having WiFi in the room gave me a chance to meet an incredible guest/person
and hopefully someone that will visit us as often as you can.

I wish you the best on your travels and I will remain completely envious of you for being so worldly.
Whenever I am sitting at the hotel, busy as work, not saving my money to go anywhere, I will think about you and perhaps start getting out there to see the world instead of just dreaming about it.

Be safe and thank you so much for making my job the reason I love the hospitality business so much. Meeting incredible people like you!!

Always my best to you!!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

When I booked this I was little concerned by the reviews saying it was dirty, had mold, etc...I found this not to be the case in the unit we rented. It was a studio, which was clean and tidy. It was not brand new, but it is in the style of the 50s and 60s beach culture, which I find quite charming. We were very pleased with this hotel for its location and value. The management was helpful and accommodating as well. We will definitely visit again if we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the great review!!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Very clean, spacious, in front of the beach, beautiful view, I recommend 100% this hotel. The staff is professional and friendly, I can't wait to come back soon.
Great location, you can walk on the boardwalk and find many restaurants, bars, and enjoy a second honeymoon or maybe with family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bernadette S, Marketing Director at Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Enjoy every anniversary with us!! :+)
We love having repeat guests. We get very close to many of our guests that stay here not just a week or two, but a day or two.

We treat you how we would want to be treated on vacation, so thank you for the review and since you aren't far away from us and if you want to just get away and even pretend like you are on vacation, hop on over here anytime. Would love the company.

Always our best to you!!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed for about 2 weeks in this hotel. The location was perfect and the cleaning crew was great.Good value for the money. Very friendly and helpful staff. Big one-bedroom studio facing the Ocean. I recommend highly to stay at the Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel.

Room Tip: Room facing the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Great review! Thank you for taking the time to write us one. We very much appreciate it.
Please come again and stay with us next time you are in town.
Love having you here!

Been to Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!