“nice, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“nice, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

When I booked this I was little concerned by the reviews saying it was dirty, had mold, etc...I found this not to be the case in the unit we rented. It was a studio, which was clean and tidy. It was not brand new, but it is in the style of the 50s and 60s beach culture, which I find quite charming. We were very pleased with this hotel for its location and value. The management was helpful and accommodating as well. We will definitely visit again if we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bernadette S, Marketing Director at Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for the great review!!

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Very clean, spacious, in front of the beach, beautiful view, I recommend 100% this hotel. The staff is professional and friendly, I can't wait to come back soon.
Great location, you can walk on the boardwalk and find many restaurants, bars, and enjoy a second honeymoon or maybe with family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bernadette S, Marketing Director at Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Enjoy every anniversary with us!! :+)
We love having repeat guests. We get very close to many of our guests that stay here not just a week or two, but a day or two.

We treat you how we would want to be treated on vacation, so thank you for the review and since you aren't far away from us and if you want to just get away and even pretend like you are on vacation, hop on over here anytime. Would love the company.

Always our best to you!!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed for about 2 weeks in this hotel. The location was perfect and the cleaning crew was great.Good value for the money. Very friendly and helpful staff. Big one-bedroom studio facing the Ocean. I recommend highly to stay at the Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel.

Room Tip: Room facing the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Great review! Thank you for taking the time to write us one. We very much appreciate it.
Please come again and stay with us next time you are in town.
Love having you here!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I truly enjoyed my stay at Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel. The staff were extremely nice and helpful during my trip. I will definitely stay there again and would recommend it to my friends and family. Plus the location on the beach was awesome.

• Stayed December 2013
What is wonderful is reading a review like yours. I'm very glad you enjoyed the location and your stay here. This review did please our staff members. Thank you for coming and recommending to others. We very much appreciate your business, return business and new business.
I look forward to your next reservation.

Thanks so much!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly enough but that really only goes so far. While they were certainly nice, likeable people, they did a really poor job making our stay there a pleasant experience. Our room wasn't ready even though we'd called and been assured we could check in a few hours early. We had to change units the first night due to an unexplained mechanical problem in the one we'd reserved (we realize now it must have been the roaches). My sister, who had reserved an ocean front unit was moved to one facing the parking lot. My parents' room's smoke detector didn't work. there were Christmas lights plugged in in our unit, running out our window (which didn't close properly because of this) and down the staircase, and the cord of lights shocked anyone foolish enough to use the banister. The wifi didn't work. The shower didn't drain. Most windows didn't open. They staff gave our parking spot to someone else without telling us, and that guest angrily banged on our door and told us to move our car at 11:00 at night. None of the blinds closed properly. There were no paper towels, no laundry or dish detergent, no coffee (all offered under the previous owners). The sauna doesn't work, though it used to. The outdoor chairs were broken.

We were told we could go to the office and ask for anything but often it would be empty. When we called twice and asked for new towels, both times they took our old towels and didn't bring new ones until we called again to remind them. We were told housekeeping was three days a week but our unit was only partially cleaned once in the 12 days we stayed, and that did not include changing the sheets. Even with all those problems, I wouldn't have even complained were it not for the roaches. They did as close to nothing as possible about a severe roach infestation, calling an exterminator to come 6 days after we arrived and let them know about the problem. The exterminator was in our unit for less than fifteen minutes. Whatever he did, the roaches didn't take the hint and remained there until our checkout. We saw hundreds of roaches during our stay and coupled with the multitude of other problems, I am truly skeptical that any of the other reviews here are legitimate. My family was spread into three units and we all had major problems, so I'm surprised to read there were people who consider this place a 5 star rental.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Bernadette S, Marketing Director at Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
I ask the reader's of this review to please think seriously about the claims brought up by this user and what you would do if you were in the same situation, then please consider whether these claims prove found or unfounded.

I ask this question of future and potential guests, if you were scheduled to be in a place for 12 days and the problem, according to the guest was that "the infestation was so bad that they saw hundreds of roaches during their stay", would you have remained in the room where everyone was together at times eating dinner, making food in the kitchen or would you have allowed us to relocate you to another hotel, not far from your group?

Were there roaches in this guest's room? This claim is true, however, there is a little more drama added to this guest's review.
How it began and when, I'm not quite sure because no prior guest of this room made any claims.

It was brought to our attention and immediately we reacted. This guest checked in around the Xmas holiday and due to the high season, all of our rooms were booked up as this customer stated, she was scheduled to be here for 12 days. and because of that we offered to relocate them to another hotel so that they did not have to stay in that room. I do understand that she had friends in other rooms but it was their decision to remain in the room.
Because of the holiday season the exterminator was delayed. When he arrived he sprayed the entire room from ceilings to floors, inside cabinets (where the problem started) and told our guest and our staff members that they should notice a difference quickly and when we checked back with the family, the problem was quickly dissipating.

After the 12 days, they left, our exterminator was scheduled to come out and of course we made sure that he checked and sprayed the room again, but no more bugs were found.

Our reviews that are on TripAdvisor.com are absolutely legitimate. They are quite keen and smart at Trip Advisor that they know when someone is using the same IP address or is just trying to post claims to hurt our business.

As for the rest of the issues, had it been brought to our attention in the 12 days these customers stayed with us, we would have supplied them with everything.
They don't have any problems with communication, as we can see from this review and from their initial claim.

They stated that our staff was friendly enough then all they needed to do was communicate their wants to us and we would have gotten them anything they needed, especially because of the situation they arrived into, another contradiction in the review, we are a friendly staff but apparently never around. We are open at 8am till Midnight (often later due to arrivals).

I am extremely sorry that they had to arrive on vacation into the situation that they did.
I'm sorry that we did not have another room to offer them and I'm very sorry that they felt that they needed to leave a review like this when I know that our staff did everything we could while they were here to make amends for the initial problem.
I see now that no matter what we did or could have done, would not have pleased them at all.

The roaches have checked out, I know they are gone for good.

I guess all our reviews can't be 4 or 5 stars, we certainly do try very hard. The building is old, it needs work, but we just got here and we have come a long way in just a short few months.
We have a long road ahead but we are progressing quickly. I hope this will no keep any of you from joining us here. This place is worth it.
Fairport, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Neptune over twenty times in the past ten years. Nothing fancy, but the location on the boardwalk made up for the lack of amenities. This year however the lack of maintenance has finally caught up. I can only hope the new managers hire qualified caretakers to repair the broken windows and shades, to upgrade the appliances, to exterminate the disgusting number of roaches we discovered in the cabinets and all over the apartment.
The new management has clearly tried and the front desk staff, Maria and Dominique are friendly and helpful, but the custodial staff is inept. Imagine during the height of the holiday week painting stripes on the walkway, (which people immediately stepped all over), wrapping Christmas lights attached with indoor extension cords all over the handrails, giving us shocks every time we touched them, (we unplugged them), having a party for all on New Year's Eve with fireworks right adjacent to guests windows(we had two babies with us).
It is hard to meet everyone's needs but they must clean this place up.

• Stayed December 2013
Bernadette S, at Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
ABSOLUTELY The cab was called and reconfirmed by me when I came in.

This is quite unfortunate but also a reason why we recommend our shuttle instead of taxi companies. Besides I feel like the cab companies take advantage of out of state residents and take longer to get here or "Lost" when we are very easy to find.

I'm so sorry this happened to you but they even had your phone number to call you and when they get here, if it's a cell, Yellow cab instantly texts you now when the cab is 1 mile away and at the location waiting for you.

I don't believe this is our fault at all. I do know now that I can't rely on Yellow Cab's "Early Booking" option.
Liege, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Amazing location directly on the boardwalk. Proximity to different restaurants/bars. Good value for the money. Very friendly and helpful staff. Big one-bedroom studio facing the Ocean. I recommend highly to stay on Hollywood Beach and at the Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bernadette S, Marketing Director at Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Always a pleasure hearing from treasured guests.

We are very blessed here to have a great staff, a prime location and amazing guests that we hope to continue having for years to come.

Thank you for spending your time with us!

Been to Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!