The staff was friendly enough but that really only goes so far. While they were certainly nice, likeable people, they did a really poor job making our stay there a pleasant experience. Our room wasn't ready even though we'd called and been assured we could check in a few hours early. We had to change units the first night due to an unexplained mechanical problem in the one we'd reserved (we realize now it must have been the roaches). My sister, who had reserved an ocean front unit was moved to one facing the parking lot. My parents' room's smoke detector didn't work. there were Christmas lights plugged in in our unit, running out our window (which didn't close properly because of this) and down the staircase, and the cord of lights shocked anyone foolish enough to use the banister. The wifi didn't work. The shower didn't drain. Most windows didn't open. They staff gave our parking spot to someone else without telling us, and that guest angrily banged on our door and told us to move our car at 11:00 at night. None of the blinds closed properly. There were no paper towels, no laundry or dish detergent, no coffee (all offered under the previous owners). The sauna doesn't work, though it used to. The outdoor chairs were broken.
We were told we could go to the office and ask for anything but often it would be empty. When we called twice and asked for new towels, both times they took our old towels and didn't bring new ones until we called again to remind them. We were told housekeeping was three days a week but our unit was only partially cleaned once in the 12 days we stayed, and that did not include changing the sheets. Even with all those problems, I wouldn't have even complained were it not for the roaches. They did as close to nothing as possible about a severe roach infestation, calling an exterminator to come 6 days after we arrived and let them know about the problem. The exterminator was in our unit for less than fifteen minutes. Whatever he did, the roaches didn't take the hint and remained there until our checkout. We saw hundreds of roaches during our stay and coupled with the multitude of other problems, I am truly skeptical that any of the other reviews here are legitimate. My family was spread into three units and we all had major problems, so I'm surprised to read there were people who consider this place a 5 star rental.