“Great for Families!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   301 Harrison St, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Chicago, Illinois
“Great for Families!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband, 3 children and myself just visited this hotel for a week (June 29-July 5). My co-worker owns this timeshare and couldnt make it this year so she rented it to me. Wow! It is a bit out-dated but we had a wonderful time. Right on the beach, free parking, spacious rooms and we saved a lot on our meals because we cooked right in our room. The staff is great. Everything was close by. We shopped at the nearby Wal-mart for our groceries. We also got a chance to squeeze in going to the movie theater with the kids and it was a skip and a hop away from the hotel I read that the hotel is going to undergo a renovation that should be completed by March 2014 so I would love to go back and see the renovated hotel. This was just a pleasure to stay in. The beach, location, the pool, the staff, just wonderful! Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view. I was on the 8th floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mildred R, Owner Services at Hollywood Beach Tower, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We wish to thank you for your recent review. It is always a pleasure to hear that a guest has enjoyed their time with us. It is true that we will be having a full renovation of our units beginning in October and this should be completed by March, 2014 as you stated. Please return to see us again – we look forward to it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel offer perfect accomodation for relaxation and quiet enviroment. But if you want fun,
exercise this is the perfect place too.Everything walking distance, right there to enjoy. We love it
I can't wait to go back. Beach wonderfull. Best vacations I had in years. I recommend to everybody.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for taking your time to post your review. It is very satisfying to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to make our guests’ vacations with us the very best. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I booked an Extra Vacations Getaway on RCI.com for two weeks in May at the Hollywood Beach Tower in Hollywood, Florida, which is one of my favorite spots on the Atlantic coast north of Miami. The resort is an oceanfront hotel with a privileged location on Broadwalk and my apartment on the 3rd floor overlooking the swimming pool had a breathtaking view over the beach and the ocean. The place is dated but still nice and very clean.
I was able to move into my room before check-in time and the apartment was spotless. Checking-in was fast and easy and the staff was friendly, professional and helpful. I travelled by car, so I got a parking permit to use the garage.
The unit, which was very spacious, included a big bedroom (with a free safe-deposit box), a living-room with a small kitchenette and two bathrooms. I had read some negative reviews about the size of the kitchen, but to me this posed no problem. The refrigerator had to be replaced because it was over freezing, but other than that everything else was fine. The fitness room on the 2nd floor features a treadmill, a bike and other equipment which was perfect for my morning workouts.
What I found annoying was the WiFi. It became easily very erratic, slow and often dropped off. At the front desk they suggested I should use the lobby with a better internet connection on the 1st floor, but that was hardly an option because I used my tablet daily for several hours.
All in all my experience was positive and the pros made up for the few shortfalls.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent very positive review. We are very glad that you have enjoyed your vacation with us. We always strive to make every guest feel at home since guests are always our first priority. You may wish to know that we have a planned complete renovation for all of our units, with upgrades to the kitchen (including dish washer), bathrooms (a shower stall in one), along with all of the living room and bedroom furniture. As to our wi-fi, although it is working, we have a planned upgrade for it as well. Please return to us as we look forward to seeing you again!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at Hollywood Beach Tower for four times, the staff and customer service is excellent, great rooms, nice view and excellent location, pool area is fantastic for kids too, I recommend this place to everyone that like enjoy a quiet environment and familiar vacations. Thank you guys. I'm going tomorrow Monday June 10, 2013 again for 6 days.My family rate is FIVE""""".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mildred R, Owner Services at Hollywood Beach Tower, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent very positive review. We are very glad that you have enjoyed your many vacations with us. We always strive to make every guest feel at home since guests are always our first priority. We look forward to seeing you again!
Arlington, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Good: Right on the Hollywood boardwalk, free (if very cramped) parking

Bad: Windows do NOT open, what good is it to stay ocean front if you cannot smell or feel the ocean breeze? WiFI was absolutely useless, weak signal that kept dropping. Furnishings were dated, which would have been OK but everything was shabby and in bad repair. Furniture missing knobs, burned counter in bathroom, blood-stained linens, gritty carpet, alarm with no cord, TV that didn't work properly, and so on. Felt like staying in an ultra cheap, sleazy motel. This is a timeshare & obviously the owners don't care about its upkeep. Signs touting a bar open every day ... never saw it open.

Ugly: Burned counter in bathroom, overall shabby appearance.

Room Tip: One side is ocean front, the other faces a parking structure.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mildred R, Owner Services at Hollywood Beach Tower, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. We are disappointed that your stay was not up to your satisfaction as we always try to make every guest feel at home. Our windows do not open at they are hurricane windows. Here in south Florida hurricanes are a vivid reality so the windows were changed to protect our guests and owners. Our bar is a part of our activities department and either staff member would have been glad to get you whatever drink you wished. We do have a planned complete renovation for all of our units, with upgrades to the kitchen (including dish washer), bathrooms (a shower stall in one), along with all of the living room and bedroom furniture. We hope that you will return and visit with us again and let us make your stay an enjoyable one.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very good hotel. Right on the beach, broadwalk. Free WiFi. Clean, great views. No bad issues at all. Small bars/Restaurants easy walk. Nice pool area. Windy and some rain while I was here, but a great time.

Room Tip: Request ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
We wish to thank you for your recent review. Your satisfaction with your stay is always our first priority and it was nice to see that you had such a great visit. We hope that you will return to vacation with us again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We spent Mother's Day and my birthday weekend at Hollywood beach tower . The customer service was excellent . They truly work with you to accommodate your needs. I was impressed with The ocean view 1 bedroom apartment , it was very spacious and clean . Overall I highly recommend this hotel for family vacations. We will definitely be coming back .

• Stayed May 2013
Mildred R, Owner Services at Hollywood Beach Tower, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We wish to thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff strives to make every guest feel at home as guests are our first priority. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Hollywood Beach Tower? Share your experiences!