“Great customer service and helpful staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Beach Tower

You added Hollywood Beach Tower to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Tower
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   301 Harrison St, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
“Great customer service and helpful staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We spent Mother's Day and my birthday weekend at Hollywood beach tower . The customer service was excellent . They truly work with you to accommodate your needs. I was impressed with The ocean view 1 bedroom apartment , it was very spacious and clean . Overall I highly recommend this hotel for family vacations. We will definitely be coming back .

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Notebok
Mildred R, Owner Services at Hollywood Beach Tower, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We wish to thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff strives to make every guest feel at home as guests are our first priority. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Because I had stayed at this resort last year, I chose it again. My prior visit was wonderful, because it was a comfortable stay...I can't say the same for this last visit. Yes, the beach is the best, the boardwalk lots of fun, the staff helpful, and the units clean (though un-renovated)...but if you desire Wifi access, you enjoy cooking, and you don't want to share one bed, beware.

There are three unit sizes, and I stayed in the smallest...that's probably why the kitchen was so tiny. No counter space...and I'm not kidding about this fact. The mini fridge is tucked under the counter and mine had no shelves in the door, which made the fridge nearly worthless as far as storing much...again, I'm not over-exaggerating. Washing dishes was annoying because it took a few minutes before hot water ran from the tap and there was no place to allow the dishes to air dry.

The sofa bed was uncomfortable for my friend, and the bed rested at an angle. Maybe kids would find the sofa bed acceptable, but an older adult or a couple might find this sleeping arrangement unacceptable due to the spartan, "springy" mattress.

There were other inconveniences regarding this particular unit (no working vents in bathrooms, a door which didn't lock, an unpleasant odor in the hallway outside the unit, and the fact that you could hear the whoosh of the two elevators through the unit walls), but a lack of Wifi was the most annoying to my friend and I. Though I was on vacation and I really didn't need to sit in front of a computer, my friend was house hunting, and she desperately needed the Wifi. Once or twice, I took the laptop into the hallway where it worked perfectly.

Bottom line, just be careful when choosing Hollywood Beach Tower if you absolutely need to cook in your unit, use Wifi, and need more than one bed. I know there are larger units (units 2 and 3) which might provide the type of comfort I had expected on my second visit to Hollywood Beach Tower. I now realize that I stayed in the largest of the units on my first visit.

Aside from these potential problems, also know that this resort is conveniently located to the airport, a very short drive to downtown Hollywood, and the resort sits on what I feel is a fabulous beach! The upper floors all have nice views (whether inland or ocean view). Though I haven't stayed in a "renovated" unit, I can vouch for their relative cleanliness. You might be able to find my other review from last year which I know rated this hotel much higher! I hate to rate this place as "Poor", but based on this particular trip, I feel my rating is honest. Don't be afraid to stay here if my "needs" aren't relevant to yours.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank BaltimoreMatt
Mildred R, Owner Services at Hollywood Beach Tower, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Hollywood Beach Tower. We are saddened that your stay was not up to your satisfaction as we always try to make every guest feel at home. We actually have only two unit sizes – the smaller ones are approximately 50 square feet smaller due to the elevator shaft. We do have extra mattresses for the sofa beds although you don’t state that you asked for one. We have a planned complete renovation for all of our units, with upgrades to the kitchen (including dish washer), bathrooms (a shower stall in one), along with all of the living room and bedroom furniture. As to our wi-fi, although it is working, we have a planned upgrade for it as well. Please return to us again and let us make your next vacation with us the best you have had!
Shelton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed here April 8 thru the 10th, short stay but great.
This was our first stay at this hotel and we were very impressed. From the minute we pulled up to the front door the entire staff was very helpfull and friendly.
Our room had beautiful ocean view, was very spacious and clean, nice having two bathrooms and huge bedroom. The pool was awesome with nice view of beach.
Super close to beach and restaurants our favorate was O'Mallys there is also a nice coffee and sandwich shop in basement of hotel next door.
Don't know why anyone would have any complaints about this hotel we are looking forward to coming back!!

Room Tip: Our room was ocean view on 3rd floor close to elevator and still very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff always strives to make every guest feel at home since guests are our first priority. We look forward to seeing you again!
Olyphant, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We are owners at Hollywood Beach Tower as spent a beautifull week there during Easter and the days following. We have traveled to a lot of destinations in the tropics and south florida area's and while HBT may not be as prime as some of the "newer properties " we have visited, the place and staff are very welcoming. The property manager Yva is doing a great with regards to the new renovations to the bldg. and units going on at present. This property is right on the beach and waliking distance to many outside restraunts, bars,and shops. The marina across the street has some very good places to eat, and our favorite is G.G.'s where they have a great happy hour at 4pm . We actually had a really nice Easter dinner on the waterfront enjoying a beautifull day and thanking our Lord for all that he has brought us. The ocean was beautifull as we had a great view of it and the sunrise every morning. A great place for the money with a cool brick boardwalk to walk and enjoy. We also went to the Easter sunrise service at Hollywood beach theatre which was awesome. We could trade our week here if we like, but this is one of our timeshare properties that we cannot wait to get back to.

Room Tip: both ocean and bay views from the 8th floor up are great, with the bay at night being the best !!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback. It is always a pleasure to know that we have made your stay comfortable. We hope you will continue to return to us in the future.
Montreal, QC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The best thing about this property is the fact it is so close to the beach. It is also near restaurants, the boardwalk and shops. There is entertainment at night on boardwalk so let's say you can find things to do after a day at the beach. The hotel is outdated. If you can get pass the old stuff and the fact it looks dirty, then consider this place. The rooms are big. They have a full kitchen and the bedroom is quite big. The sofa bed we slept in in the living room was horrible. Our backs hurt and our nights werent peaceful. But my sister and the kids slept really well in their bedroom. There are 2 bathrooms in the suite so thats quite convenient for big families. The guy at the grill was really sweet. Pool is OK.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Mildred R, Owner Services at Hollywood Beach Tower, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
We wish to thank you for your recent review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a planned renovation for our units that include various upgrades, including the sofa bed. Please return and stay with us again and allow us to improve upon your experience at the Tower.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is a remarkable one! I stayed in the villa with an ocean front view and I was totally at awe! It was located on the beach and I would definitely recommend this stay!!!
The bathrooms are very nice and clean and each villa comes with a pull out couch. The bedrooms are separate which gives you more to do more things.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking your time to post your positive review. It is most gratifying to see a guest enjoy their stay as much as you obviously enjoyed yours. We hope that you will return to spend more time with us in the near future.
Nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We checked into the Hollywood Beach Tower today. The hotel is nice, but extremely outdated. The carpeting is old and stained especially in the bedroom. We booked an oceanfront room and were given a room facing the ocean on the 2nd floor. We have a view of the patio roof with the horizon in the backgroumd. Not my idea of an oceanfront room, but according to the hotel it is classified "a low oceanview" Definetely not what i paid for! Upon entering our room my daughter noticed there was no refridgerator. I went down to the front desk expecting to be ,oved and instead i was told that they would deliver one shortly. Sure enough a few minutes later a maintenance ,an arrived with a fridge and hooked it up. Barely keeping the drinks cold, but they did bring a fridge.
The location of this hotel is its selling.point. easy walkimg distance to restaurants and shops on the broadwalk. The hotel itself is a time share property that also markets to hotel.sites loke bookimg.com, hotels.com, etc, however they do not provide hotel type a,enities. The tiki bar advertises it is open, yet when i went in at 5pm they were basiclly closed and could.only offer me a cheap red wine (a 2 ounce for $3). Linens amd cleaning only happens on wednesdays so do not expect your room to be cleaned for you.
The pool and hot tub are nice and the public areas are very clean, however the hotel needs some major updating to put it mildly. The rooms are large,however the bedding is a king bed in the bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room that is far from.comfortable. the decor is very old and again the carpeting is disgusting.
Overall i would say this is an average property that is worth considdering strictly for the location. If you can get past the outdated furnishings and the lack of amenities and look at the great location right on the broadwalk then this is a nice place.
I am ,ost displeased with my view, i feel the lower floors should not be charged as oceanview as the view is minimal at best

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for posting your review. We are disappointed that your stay was not quite up to your satisfaction as we always try to make every guest feel at home. We are a timeshare so do not have all of the amenities that there may be in a hotel. There is, however, a planned complete renovation for all of our units, with upgrades to the kitchen (including dish washer), bathrooms (a shower stall in one), along with all of the living room and bedroom furniture. We hope that you will return and visit with us again.