“Amazing Food, Nice Decor” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
A La Turca Turkish Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 480 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N 21st Ave
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing Food, Nice Decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I am not an expert in Turkish food, however, I know good food when I taste it. I went here in the late evening for dinner, as the restaurant I had planned to eat at was closed. I have never been so pleased by my dinner plans being altered, as I believe A La Turca was probably a much better choice. No matter if you lean towards vegetable dishes or meat, A La Turca has something for your taste buds.

Overall, great experience, and I will plan to put this restaurant on my must visit anytime I am in South Florida.

Visited July 2014

• Thai first
Miami, Florida
“Good way to taste a ressamblance of Turkish Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

A La Turca is one of the best places you can taste Turkish food in the US. However, please bear in mind that the food will never taste as delicious as it is in Turkiye and there is no one to blame.

As a family, we used to go to the first location and the food were delicious. This time, the atmosphere was amazing but the food was not as good as the last time.

My mom and I, we both ordered Adana Kebab and my mom couldn't eat hers because it was too salty. I love salt very much so I was able to eat half of mine but later it was just too much for me too.

The waitress was very nice but she kept on forgetting to bring napkins to our table; however she filled our glasses before it was empty so that was a plus.

The manager came and apologized for the inconvenience we had with the kebab so I won't count it this time. I believe that there always room for improvement and will definitely go back (especially for brunch on Sundays!)

Overall 7/10.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hollywood, Florida
“Consistently Good Food, New Location & Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

After each dinner at A La Turca, I drive away wondering when I can come back. Tonight was my third visit, but the first at its new location. This restaurant serves the best Turkish food I've had outside of that country. It's always a good idea to come in a group so that you can order a large variety of items and try many. Tonight my friend and I ordered two large plates - one of mezes (appetizers) and a mixed grill. Both were excellent and beautifully presented while the mezes came out in a charming six-compartment ceramic dish. More importantly, these two dishes would suffice for three people (with hearty appetites!) The Turkish coffee is delicious, and served in little ceramic cups that have metal mini teapot holders to keep it warm. In general, A La Turca serves delicious, homemade, well-prepared food. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Happy we went!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We came here after watching a consumer review on the local PBS Show "Check Please". Knowing nothing about Turkish food we came with open mind and palette. Loved everything we had - fresh and tasty: cigar borak, ezme, white bean salad, beef kofte, chicken shish - followed by macchiatta. Our server was very helpful in answering all our questions about the menu and explaining the various dishes. We live in another county, but will be back, because there were so many things on the menu we did not get to try.

Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I took my parents, wife and infant daughter here for lunch and we had a great time. The restaurant looks brand new (because they just moved to this location) and super clean. The food and service was fantastic. We had a great Turkish beer called Efes. Max our server was great and the food came out very quickly and was very tasty and fresh. I would recommend it highly

Visited May 2014