“Good way to taste a ressamblance of Turkish Food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
A La Turca Turkish Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 486 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N 21st Ave
Miami, Florida
“Good way to taste a ressamblance of Turkish Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

A La Turca is one of the best places you can taste Turkish food in the US. However, please bear in mind that the food will never taste as delicious as it is in Turkiye and there is no one to blame.

As a family, we used to go to the first location and the food were delicious. This time, the atmosphere was amazing but the food was not as good as the last time.

My mom and I, we both ordered Adana Kebab and my mom couldn't eat hers because it was too salty. I love salt very much so I was able to eat half of mine but later it was just too much for me too.

The waitress was very nice but she kept on forgetting to bring napkins to our table; however she filled our glasses before it was empty so that was a plus.

The manager came and apologized for the inconvenience we had with the kebab so I won't count it this time. I believe that there always room for improvement and will definitely go back (especially for brunch on Sundays!)

Overall 7/10.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Thai first
Hollywood, Florida
“Consistently Good Food, New Location & Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

After each dinner at A La Turca, I drive away wondering when I can come back. Tonight was my third visit, but the first at its new location. This restaurant serves the best Turkish food I've had outside of that country. It's always a good idea to come in a group so that you can order a large variety of items and try many. Tonight my friend and I ordered two large plates - one of mezes (appetizers) and a mixed grill. Both were excellent and beautifully presented while the mezes came out in a charming six-compartment ceramic dish. More importantly, these two dishes would suffice for three people (with hearty appetites!) The Turkish coffee is delicious, and served in little ceramic cups that have metal mini teapot holders to keep it warm. In general, A La Turca serves delicious, homemade, well-prepared food. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Happy we went!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We came here after watching a consumer review on the local PBS Show "Check Please". Knowing nothing about Turkish food we came with open mind and palette. Loved everything we had - fresh and tasty: cigar borak, ezme, white bean salad, beef kofte, chicken shish - followed by macchiatta. Our server was very helpful in answering all our questions about the menu and explaining the various dishes. We live in another county, but will be back, because there were so many things on the menu we did not get to try.

Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I took my parents, wife and infant daughter here for lunch and we had a great time. The restaurant looks brand new (because they just moved to this location) and super clean. The food and service was fantastic. We had a great Turkish beer called Efes. Max our server was great and the food came out very quickly and was very tasty and fresh. I would recommend it highly

Visited May 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“TURKISH DINING IN STYLE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I came here, early, for lunch. I walked in, across a large Turkish rug with a zoomorphic motif. There were brightly decorated ceramic plates affixed to some walls. The manager, himself from Turkey, told me that those plates, which depicted medieval-age men on horseback, were scenes from the Ottoman Empire, going back some 500 years. The plates themselves were of modern vintage and were acquired from Turkey.

The restaurant exuded class, I thought, as I surveyed the premises. Wooden racks held bottles of wine from Chile, Argentina, Italy, California, Washington, and, of course, Turkey. Music flowed from speakers -- Turkish tunes, some festive, some plaintive, all enjoyable.

I dined on chicken shish kabob with tomatoes, onions, and rice. The chicken was a little dry, but tasty nonetheless. A very good meal. I considered desert and asked for a desert menu, figuring maybe something on it would strike my fancy. Maybe. The waiter, instead of a menu, brought out a tray loaded with actual deserts -- pastries and puddings. Eye candy. And palate candy. That did it; I was having desert. I went with profiterol. Despite the name sounding like something you'd get at a pharmacy, this desert was seemingly a combination of éclair and chocolate pudding, and was yummy, especially when paired with the diminutive cup of Turkish coffee I ordered.

My waiter was very pleasant though lacking a bit in service. I had to hail him from across the room to refill my water glass. Inexcusable since I was the only diner.

There was sidewalk seating available, which I passed on in favor of the neater atmosphere indoors. The manager related that lunches here will end in a month, though lunch may again be served when the tourists flock in toward the end of the year. Dinner can still be had, year round, starting at 5 PM.

A most enjoyable dining experience, one which I intend to repeat.

• Visited May 2014