We enjoyed a two-night visit to this lovely property on Hollywood Beach in early August, 2013 and had a mostly lovely stay.
The rooms are outstanding: brand-new decor, spotlessly clean, modern and well-appointed. Our queen bed efficiency apartment was small but had absolutely everything you'd need for a much longer stay: a full kitchen (range, oven, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, sink, 2/3-size fridge/freezer, utensil and dinnerware); lovely Euro-style bath with vessel sink and a super-nice glass-tiled stand-up shower; flat-screen TV, very comfy queen bed, a nice dresser and side tables, and a marble table and two chairs. Seriously, a really super room.
Likewise, the staff is helpful, friendly and efficient. Check-in was quick and efficient, and there were no surprises between what we paid for and what we got.
The only issues to be aware of if you choose this property are these:
- Some noise is to be expected from the Florio's restaurant next door, so if your room borders on Surf Avenue, you may want to ask for one a bit further away from the broad walk
- You share common areas with other guests. This shouldn't be a problem, but was for us when some very loud, inconsiderate and obnoxious guests insisted on talking very loudly for hours on end right outside our door. This is not a knock against the management, but it can be an issue if you are unlucky enough to have rude neighbors.
- Check the settings on the AC unit before you go to bed at night. Our friends had a rough night's sleep and one of them fell ill from the over-powered AC blowing right down on you from above all night.
In all, this is an excellent property, a really nice value and an outstanding location. We plan to return on our next visit to Hollywood Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Resort by the Ocean offers Newly Renovated Studios and One Bedroom Suites with all the modern comforts featuring luxurious kitchens adorned with custom wooden cabinetry and granite counter-tops, tiled bathrooms and showers, wall-mounted flat screen televisions and complimentary WiFi Internet.Located in Historic Hollywood Beach Florida, the Caribbean Resort is just steps away from seven miles of white sandy beach and the famous Broadwalk offering 2.5 miles of paved walking, jogging and biking path lined with restaurants, nightlife and all kinds of shopping.Hollywood Beach, Florida is known as a sportsman's paradise, offering all types of water sports imaginable. Go fishing, boating or even kite-surfing nearby. How about a round of golf? Or maybe try your luck at Gulfstream Racetrack and Casino, Dania Jai-Alai or The Hard Rock Casino. World renowned South Beach is just a twenty minute drive south and and beautiful Fort-Lauderdale is only a few miles to the north. All this excitement within minutes of the Caribbean Resort!The only thing missing is you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Caribbean Resort by the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Resort Apartments Hotel Hollywood
- Caribbean Hotel Hollywood