We were looking for a place to stay near or on the beach and stumbled across this property. We weren't familiar with this area of Florida so I called ahead to get some information about distance to beach and activities to do around the resort. It was some of the best resort/hotel service that I have ever had BEFORE I even reserved a room: Friendly, helpful, and welcoming. We decided to reserve a room and asked what room was suggested for view and space. Again, extremely helpful service. Upon arrival we were welcomed with a bottle of champaign and a card expressing well wishes for our Anniversary! (Very unexpected and very thoughtful)
Though we were hoping to find a place right on the beach, I'm glad that we stayed here. Staying right on the board walk would have been loud at night (and in the morning- there was a fitness expo on the board walk that started blasting music at 8am!). This was the perfect property to get only 20 yards off the beaten path and yet so easy to get to the beach.
The rooms were nice, small but nice. Nice updates and a great little apartment kitchen (had pots/pans/plates/glasses/silverware/microwave/toaster/stove & small oven) Perfect for two people.
The outdoor seating areas on the property are beautiful and well placed. Plenty of shade for relaxation. And on the day before we left, we found out that the front desk has games that you can check out and play!
Overall, this is a great site close to the beach and yet a little bit off the main boardwalk so you are not hearing noise all night. Nicely done rooms, great customer service, great places to eat all around, and a trolley (costs $1 per rider/one way) that stops a block a way to get you to a grocery store or other places to eat in downtown Hollywood.
We loved this place and are already planning on returning with the kids!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Resort by the Ocean offers Newly Renovated Studios and One Bedroom Suites with all the modern comforts featuring luxurious kitchens adorned with custom wooden cabinetry and granite counter-tops, tiled bathrooms and showers, wall-mounted flat screen televisions and complimentary WiFi Internet.Located in Historic Hollywood Beach Florida, the Caribbean Resort is just steps away from seven miles of white sandy beach and the famous Broadwalk offering 2.5 miles of paved walking, jogging and biking path lined with restaurants, nightlife and all kinds of shopping.Hollywood Beach, Florida is known as a sportsman's paradise, offering all types of water sports imaginable. Go fishing, boating or even kite-surfing nearby. How about a round of golf? Or maybe try your luck at Gulfstream Racetrack and Casino, Dania Jai-Alai or The Hard Rock Casino. World renowned South Beach is just a twenty minute drive south and and beautiful Fort-Lauderdale is only a few miles to the north. All this excitement within minutes of the Caribbean Resort!The only thing missing is you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Caribbean Resort by the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Resort Apartments Hotel Hollywood
- Caribbean Hotel Hollywood