“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Resort by the Ocean

Save Saved
You added Caribbean Resort by the Ocean to your Saves list
Caribbean Resort by the Ocean
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   313 Hayes Street at Surf Road, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Caribbean Resort Apartments)   |
Ranked #15 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Miami Beach, Florida
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

This precious little gem is steps from a beach that rivals the French Riviera. You can't beat the cost and where else are you going to stay where you can roll out of bed onto white sands and azure ocean at these prices. The staff was very friendly and efficient and was so helpful offering advice about the use of the wireless laptop. There are grills in the courtyard, a small laundry area and the overall feeling is very secure. The room is great - an ample kitchen and comfy bed with clean linens. I can't underscore enough the sufficiency of the kitchen - it was well appointed with plates, utensils, etc. so we could accomodate our special diet needs by shopping and stocking the fridge. So come along and stay at the Caribbean Resort - you will be glad you did - think fabulous cabana on the beach and you are done! Have fun!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hollywood, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

STAY AWAY from this horrible place tiny tiny rooms with outdated air conditioners which by the way break down all the time, bed bugs,ants,the staff susan was just very lazy and didnt help out at all and the owner debbie was a very rude and just plain ugly woman she told me it wasnt her problem the my air conditioner broke down, it took them 3 hours to get me another room ready and by that time i decided to go to the econolodge which was way nicer and cleaner and no to mention BIGGER.

Room Tip: dont get one
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
TheCaribbeanResort, Assistant Operations Manager at Caribbean Resort by the Ocean, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We are very sorry that you had a bad experience with our hotel in the past. We wanted to let you know that the hotel is now under new management and ownership and that the entire property has been renovated like new, inside and out. We hope you give the new Caribbean Resort a second chance the next time you visit Hollywood!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011 via mobile

We choose the caribbean several times for extended stays & have been very pleased! The staff is really friendly & very accomadating. The location is great & we especially enjoyed the courtyard & the grills provided!

• Stayed July 2010
Hobart, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

This place is the pits!! Beds are very very old and crappy, rooms are horrible.. floors are dirty, bathtub was filthy, refrigerator-airconditioner-micrwave and heater all on extention cord plugeed in to same outlet(fire hazard), very noisy between rooms and windows suck,pay a little more and stay in a better place.. I asked for a queen bed when I asked for a room back in Octber 2010 and was told no problem but it only had a full bed when arrived in january 2011.. mite as well slept on the floor. room alsoo called sofa sleeper which if you tried to open it hit the wall in front of it so it would not open all the way, thats how small the room was. hotwater heater was out so no hot water for 1 1/2 days. shower head sprayed out less water than i could spit out!! bajtroom door would not close so it popped open all the time... so DO NOT STAY THERE THIS PLACE SUCKS!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your honest review. We're very sorry you had a bad experience with us in the past and we wanted to let you know that the hotel has undergone an extreme makeover in the past year. The property is now under new ownership and management and every room has been renovated with all new windows, flooring, plumbing, electricity, air conditioning, more cabinet space and granite counter and table tops. The courtyard has also been re-landscaped and offers more tables, chairs and BBQs around our brand new Tiki Bar. We hope to have the opportunity to show you our renovated facilities the next time you visit Hollywood.
Eastman, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

I have been coming there for over 3 yrs now, stayed at other places before, but nothing compares to The Caribbean Resort. It's a very safe place to stay, I feel like home. I am always well greeted at I check-in, the owners and staff are very pleasant, and professionals. They pay attention to all of my needs I may have during my stay. The place is renovated every year I come, that is including our rooms. We get daily fresh towels and sheets, we also get toilet paper, dish/ bath soaps, trash bags etc. They have w-fi, and a laundry room for us to use...everything I need pretty much. I love that they have a nice big courtyard with patio tables, lounge chairs and two large BBQ that we can use anytime. I am planning to come again this year with my daughter where this time we will be taking the large one bedroom with the balcony that has the ocean view....I can't wait. One thing I would like to say is I don't understand how this last person that wrote a comment can lie and say these negative things about this place like that. I have never had to clean my room at check-in, actually the rooms are impeccable at check-in, and our beds are incredibly in perfect shape.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

If you go there you need to bring with you all your cleaning product and literary have to spend at least a full vaction cleaning and scrubing....
The owner doesn't care about you they only care about there money. I had to go out and purchase a matresse for my stay cause the bed a had bed bugs.

So you if you want to go on vacation and have a good time I don't recommend Caribbean Resort... But i do recommend Villa Europa a bit more expensive but very clean....By the way it on Cleveland street....

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
We thank you for your honest review and we're sorry you had such a bad experience with us. We wanted to let you know that the Caribbean Resort is now under new ownership and management and that the entire property has been renovated like new. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our newly remodeled luxurious rooms which now feature custom wood furnishings, granite counter-tops and brand new beds and mattresses. We hope to see you again at the new Caribbean Resort the next time you visit Hollywood.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

Carribean Resort Apartments is a great place. It is steps to the beach and in a nice location in which I felt secure. I stayed in A Park Efficiency for one week. The total price came out to $350 with taxes.

The staff is excellent. When we first checked into our room our TV was not working. I told them and they imidietly got a new TV for us!!! Also, just go the office every day and you get clean towels.

The room was nice and spacious. There was one queen bed with a sleeper sofa. Their was also a full kitchen with everything you need to get cooking. Out on the patio their are also grills in which you can have a cookout. The bathroom was a little small.

In my opinion, I think Carribean Resort Apartments is the best place to stay if your looking for an affordable week in Hollywood Beach.

Stayed August 2007

Been to Caribbean Resort by the Ocean? Share your experiences!