The title says it all for me! I stayed at the Desoto for one week in Efficiency E. Wish it was a month!!
Folks, everything that has been stated in previous positive reviews is true. I had no problem with the AC( per one previous reviewer) and trust me, the end of June is hot in Florida!!
This place is a gem! The room was immaculate. I could eat off of the floor if I wanted to that's just how clean my room was!!
The efficiency apartments at the Inn are all ground level with terrazzo flooring. Furniture speaks Florida rattan to you. My unit had a King sized bed with 4 big pillows( 2 more in the closet), a sleeper sofa( Full Size, I think), Cable TV, DVD/CD Player stereo, On site Wifi access, Kitchen area with full appliances ( sorry, no dishwasher, but sponge, dish washing soap and dish towels are supplied), dinette seating for 4, walk-in closet, shower ( no bath) with soap, shampoo. For long term guests, leave your dirty towels on a chair outside your room and they are replaced ( Monday, Wednesday & Friday). One parking space per unit( clearly marked).
In essence, all I needed to bring was clothes and whatever food I wanted to eat or when lazy, I took a short drive down A1A to multiple restaurants. The Dania Beach pier is approximately 1/2 mile walk away. The beach is exactly as one previous reviewer said, " walk out of your unit, turn east, walk 100 steps and you are on the sand."
Outside of the rooms, the landscaping is beautiful! There are complimentary bikes ( with locks) and beach chairs. Two beach towels are in your room. There are chairs outside your door to sit and relax.
No smoking on the property, which I loved, but no problem since the beach is so close for any smokers.
Steve, the proprietor is great! He is fun to speak with and will go out of his way to make you feel welcome!
You should know that there are no phones ( and my AT&T wireless service was poor in the room) in the rooms, so if you are looking to tune out the world, you most certainly can!
Hollywood Beach is a great location, since it is close to many restaurants, entertainment and shopping.
Most of all though, the Desoto Oceanview is a treasure! I just can't tell you how great it was, you have to experience it for yourself.
- Also Known As:
- The Desoto Oceanview Hotel Hollywood
- The Desoto Oceanview Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely seaside inn, nestled between beautiful parks, the intracoastal and the azure Atlantic. Footsteps to a very private beach. Minutes from attractions. Extremely clean, award winning studios, efficiencies and one bedroom apartments. Free parking, bikes, beach chairs, umbrellas and towels. Tropical gardens with gazebos and bbq. Many amenities. Warm and friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Desoto Oceanview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.