I came across The Desoto as a groupon. The reviews on tripadvisor were fantastic, so we agreed to give it a try. We all had a terrific time!
We had 4 girls and we booked 2 studio suites, which were perfect! Each suite contained a FULL kitchen WITH EVERYTHING! Plates, cups, wine glasses, cork screw, knife set, plates, bowls, I could go on and on.....EVEN a Tea kettle on the stove! Microwave, coffee maker, and even a Keurig outside for everyone to use!
I did not feel like I was staying at an "Inn". I felt like I was staying with my family. The room was very nice. Large Queen bed, a couch, dining table, TV, awesome radio/CD system. It was decorated like a beach house. I could've stayed for a whole month!
Outside of our rooms was lots of greenery and plants. It felt very calm and relaxing. There are lizards running around, and the birds are talking to you. There were 2 (if I remember right) gazebos that were gorgeous. There were beautiful lights around them at night.
I did not see any bugs or have any bites! Lizards are doing their job!
The location was perfect! Just off the main highway and just a few hundred feet to the beach! (See pics below). It was about a $20 cab ide from the airport. Next time, I would probably arrange transportation. The cabbies were not that nice at the airport.
The beds slept great! And I am a picky sleeper!
The water pressure in the shower was perfect. The shower head did come off, so you could spray off your body.
There are bikes available if you want to go for a ride. The also have beach chairs, umbrellas, and some floaties for your use.
There is so much to do around the Ft Lauderdale area. I felt that The Desoto was in a great location, with beautiful scenery, and gracious owners.
- Also Known As:
- The Desoto Oceanview Hotel Hollywood
- The Desoto Oceanview Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely seaside inn, nestled between beautiful parks, the intracoastal and the azure Atlantic. Footsteps to a very private beach. Minutes from attractions. Extremely clean, award winning studios, efficiencies and one bedroom apartments. Free parking, bikes, beach chairs, umbrellas and towels. Tropical gardens with gazebos and bbq. Many amenities. Warm and friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Fareportal so you can book your The Desoto Oceanview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.