“Fantastic, will return!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Fantastic, will return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This being my first trip to the Miami area, I was at first determined to play it safe and stay at a familiar Marriott, or Hilton, or Crowne Plaza. Then I stumbled on this place and the reviews were perfect, so I called the owner (Steve) up directly and made my reservation. This is the first time for me that a hotel has delivered everything as promised, plus more! Every square inch of the property is immaculate, and it seems every detail has been considered and perfected. I have never seen such a well-stocked hotel suite. There are towels, pillows, blankets, and dishes galore, and it is all extremely organized! The furniture is very tasteful and looks like that which you would have in your own home, so definitely not the standard-fare motel/hotel furniture. The Dania Beach area is very quiet to begin with, and this hotel is quiet all day and night. One of my favourite things about this hotel is the payment. You pay the room rate, and that's it. Steve does not fool with additional charges for internet, parking, air, etc. like almost every other hotel I looked at was charging. The beach is like ten feet away, so an extremely easy walk, and it is one beautiful stretch of beach! This place really feels like a home more than a hotel. My only regret is that I have to leave tomorrow!

Room Tip: All of the rooms appear very nice. I had the "studio" room, and it was very generous. All...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Trieste, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We spent 4 nights in the Desoto Inns in the beginning of November. Our unit (F) has a king-size bed, a kitchenette very well equipped with everything we might need to prepare our own meals. Everything was in good conditions and very clean; the room had a reasonable price (99 USD/night).
The beach is at literally 30 seconds of walk from the place, it's not crowded at all, a beautiful place.
The garden surrounding the house is lovely and keeps the rooms hidden from the street.
There are bikes (but we did not use them), sunscreen and sunbeds available for free.
The manager Steve was very friendly with us, made us feel confortable during all our stay.
Free parking is available for guests, just out of the hotel.
The negative sides: the bedside window did not close completely - I saw these type of "swinging panels" windows elsewhere in Fort Lauderdale, so it seems they are typical there, but they do not provide noise insulation at all - the surroundings are very quite, but the hotel is at about 6 minutes from the Hollywood Intnl. Airport. Anyway, the flights stop around 11 PM and begin again around 7 AM, so it was not a huge problem. The air con was very noisy. It would have been impossible to keep it on overnight - we were lucky, that these were relatively cool nights, so we did not need it.
It took a bit to get hot water from the shower, but once flowing, it never failed.
Overall, it was a nice stay, I would definitively go again to the Desoto Inns.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
extraclean, Manager at The Desoto Oceanview Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Desoto, we try very hard to insure your comfort. I am sorry you had difficulties with the window, I have checked it out, the crank is broken, and Bob, our handyman, is replacing it as I write this note. I am not sure what I can do about the air conditioning unit, it is a brand new PTAC unit, it seems relatively quiet to me, but, if you are a light sleeper, I am sure it certainly could be noticeable. Last, but not least, the airport noise - we are just as anxious about it as you are. For the next 18 months, there will be a little more noise with the new runway construction. The alternate North-South runway is being used frequently because of runway closures. I wish we had more control over it. Quite frankly, I wish they would just leave the airport the way it was, it was convenient, human in scale, and easy to access. Progress, I guess. Thanks again for your review, we will work harder to gain a 5 star rating the next time you visit us.
Steve
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Our stay at The Desoto Inn definitely made it our best vacation ever! It is the perfect location to stay for a family, personal getaway, or a couples retreat. Only minutes from downtown Hollywood. The owner Steve was so personable! He interacted with you as if you were family and had known you for years. It was clean and convenient. Had all the things you may ever need: full kitchen, healthy breakfast served every morning, cable tv, and many of the things we forgot (chairs, kids toys, boogie boards, bikes, aloe and spf, *ALL FREE OF CHARGE!!) It was simply beautiful, from the well kept gardens, tiki huts, and bird cage. It was very relaxing and quiet. Parking was assigned, so you never had to fight for a spot. With twenty foot steps your feet are in the sand, NO DRIVING REQUIRED. The beach wasn't crowded. It's not a party beach, which is how I like to stay. It was simply perfect! If you're considering please don't pass up this opportunity, you will NOT be disappointed. You don't find places like this anymore these days. We will sure to return ourselves. (Nastassia Hinrichsen, Angie & Jasper)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Saint Helens, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We (me & 2 sons ages 13 & 9) stayed at the DeSoto in September when tropical storm Isaac hit. We actually had a great time and the owner, Steve, was taking good care of everyone there even bringing lunch to his guest's rooms figuring we were sequestered (we actually braved the weather). The DeSoto went above & beyond in the service department (so rare!) and is such a charming, beautiful, unique place to stay. I live in Oregon & plan on traveling all the way to Florida just to stay at the DeSoto again, thanks to the wonderful experience there. Loved it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at the desoto Inn this past August. It was the best vacation ever, because of the location and the people. The Desoto Inn really valued the importance of having a relaxing vacation. My favorite thing about the Desoto (and which i bragged about when returning home) was the free access to vacation things, such as beach cruisers, beach chairs, and defintely the variety of sunscreen and aloe that we were able to use. If you are thinking of staying with the Desoto Inn, please do! This was one of the best vacations in a long time! - Angie Vinci, Nastassia, and Jasper

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I happened to book our stay the weekend Tropical Storm Issac hit. Still, The Desoto proved to be wonderful. We had a great time, personally chatted with the owner [Steve, very nice guy] and just loved the place. It's very eco-friendly and green... The place looks like a garden. I would recommend it to anyone :)

Room Tip: Booking the one bedroom really made it feel like we were in a home away from home. Very comfortable!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

What a beautiful, tranquil experience, we will definitely go back.. My fiance and I stayed at the Desoto Oceanview Inn at the beginning of September for 4 days... The property is beautifully landscaped, quiet and peaceful. The beach was a few minutes walk and so gorgeous.. nobody around but us! We rented a 1 bedroom unit that was immaculate,and so tastefully decorated, loaded with South Florida charm. I was skeptical about the vegan breakfast, but was pleasantly surprised. Everything was so delicious, I wish she was my personal chef!! Steve was pleasant and helpful for any of our requests. A definite jewel in Hollywood!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Desoto Oceanview Inn? Share your experiences!