“Lovely accommodations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Sands Beach Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Atlantic Sands Beach Suites
You added Atlantic Sands Beach Suites to your Saves list
310 - 318 Hayes Street, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
New York
“Lovely accommodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Loved my stay in this retro cute apt steps from boardwalk and beach. Wonderful personal service.Staff is so accommodating and you can walk everywhere. Very nice courtyard to relax. Location is prime for walking and biking

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My girl friend and I loved staying at the Atlantic Sands. We were looking for a place where we could get to shopping and restaurants without having to rent a car. This was perfect. We were steps from the beach and restaurants. A water taxi ride or trolley ride and we were in excellent shopping areas. Dori and her family could not have been any friendlier or more accommodating to us. We had everything we needed and the suite we had was clean and comfortable for the two of us. We hope to be back next year.

Janet and Patty

Room Tip: Suite 2 ---- we could see the ocean from the living room window
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
AtlanticSands, Owner at Atlantic Sands Beach Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad that you choose to stay with us at the Atlantic Sands. It is always heartwarming to hear that guests truly enjoyed their visit. We are happy that you mentioned the trolley and water taxi as they are fun ways to get around the area. We look forward to your return visit!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very nice people run these small suites. the property is about 50 ft from the 'Broadwalk', so there is no ocean view but it is close to many eateries, the Bandshell and bike paths. Due to its location there is a thru street that has car traffic, truck deliveries and garbage pick-ups. The accommodations are ideal for a couple but a squeeze for 4, although there is a queen size sofa in living room. Consistent hot water was problematic for 4. The price was reasonable for the season (holiday) and the staff accommodating.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The location is great; very close to the broadwalk, paddleball court, play park, bike rental, the beach, and several restaurants. If your are a beach bum, then this is perhaps the ideal location. The one-bed room suite was only $1025 for a week during high season, which we thought was a steal. Most units are one bedroom, ideal for small families and groups. There are beach toys, books, games, beach umbrellas, and chairs for guests to use and return at no cost. The owners are very friendly, take pride in their work, and go out of the way to satisfy the guests. The units are well maintained even though the property is old. Once inside the unit, we didn't feel that it was just a hotel suite. It felt very comfortable and safe like a home. If you can put up with a few minor inconveniences (no swimming pool, parking on the street or in a nearby public garage), you will be very pleased with the value. If we visit the Miami-Ft Lauderdale area again, no doubt, we will only be staying at this location.

Room Tip: Suites 5 thru 8 are better. Also the 2-bedroom suite is very good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have stayed at this property on three prior occasions. Location is a minute from famed boardwalk and located right behind Nicks Resturant. There is no pool but the beautiful ocean is a five minute walk. The bandstand which has live music five nights a week and is a five minute walk with several bars and stores for shopping and ideal for people watching. The room is decent at best and beds are not very good if you have back issues. There is a small kitchen for cooking so you can save on eating out. Also there is an outside grill and a secured washer and dryer room. On my last visit to Hollywood I had planned on staying elsewhwere but in the ast minute it fell thru so I stopped by The Atlantic Sands and asked if they could drop their fee as I was tight on money and they adamantly said no despite half occupancy and they knew who I was. Now here's the kicker, I own a two week time share at The Sands which is located on the boardwalk next to The Marriot Hotel and s arguably one of the finest timeshares on the beach. I walked down to The Sands and they were more than happy to accomadate me at a steep price reduction. The Sands agreed with my thinking that its better to make something rather then nothing as long as you don't take a loss. I shared my decision with Dori the owner of the Atlantic Sands and didn't even receive a counter offer which I would have declined anyway. My post is not about sour grapes its about human interaction and common sense. Please do not get The Sands and The Atlantic Sands confused. The Sands is a four star top flight resort. Google it and you can see for your self not to mention I am looking to but an additional week after abor day.

Room Tip: There were plenty of empty rooms, I usually get an end room so I can keep an eye on my car because a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed 4 wonderful nights at the Atlantic Sands Beach Suites. Clean, comfortable, safe and steps to the beach and ocean. I loved having a kitchen with EVERYTHING I needed to make coffee, breakfast or a late-night snack, and the full size refrigerator was bigger and colder than the one I have in my NYC apartment. The water pressure in the shower was fantastic. Having a washer and dryer on the premises was a luxury. Beach chairs, towels and umbrellas were available for use, at no extra charge.The staff are very helpful and welcoming, (there was a welcome sign in my suite with my name on it, next to a fresh flower), a nice personal touch! Thank you. All my questions were answered and they checked on me daily to see if I needed anything.
I read the other reviews regarding the mattresses, it reminded me of Goldilocks and the 3 bears. Too soft, too hard and mine was just right. I had no problem with the mattress, in fact, it was perfect. I slept wonderful.
Thank you again, Dori Lynn and Patricia

Room Tip: No need to read anymore reviews, book a front room closest to the ocean.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have just returned from 2 weeks vacation in Hollywood, staying at Atlantic Sands and had an amazing time.

The location of the Atlantic Sands is sensational: just a couple minutes walk from the beach (or less if you are sprinting off the beach during a downpour). The local cafe's and restaurants along the Broadwalk are also within easy walking distance, but you don't get the noise from the Broadwalk because it is one (small) street away.

Johnson Street is no more than 5 mins walk away where you can get the Hollywood Trolley and all 3 stop at this location so it's perfect. The Beach Theatre is also here in Johnson Street.

The restaurants along the Intra- Coastal waterway (Joes's Tiki Bar, Le Tub, GGs Grill) are a short walk away - I couldn't have asked for a better location. You have a great choice of restaurants and bars all within easy walking distance.

We stayed in the 2 bedroom unit which is upstairs, and were greeted with a lovely welcoming letter upon arrival. The charm and friendliness was evident right from the start. This unit has a balcony off one of the bedrooms which is perfect for enjoying breakfast or an evening drink.

The apartment was well equipped with a fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker (that's all we needed) and a stove. Living room and both bedrooms have their own air conditioning units and fans. I found the bed to be very comfortable and the shower had good pressure. The bathroom isn't huge but it's functional and does the job. There was a hair dryer in the bathroom (I suffer from beach-hair so a hair dryer is very useful) and a coin operated washer and dryer on site.

We had use of Beach umbrellas which we took across to the beach each day and although we didn't use them I did see other toys and beach gear on site. When on the beach we felt safe enough to go to a nearby cafe for lunch and leave our umbrellas, chairs and towels on the beach. It really felt like a safe and friendly beach and neighborhood. A parking permit was included and we were always able to find a spot in the street - although we didn't use the car that much.

I loved staying here - Dory Lynn was super friendly and helpful and the apartment was great for a beach holiday. As it was a beach location we trampled sand everywhere and the apartment was designed and furnished with that in mind. If you are after a 5 star luxury penthouse with room service, plush carpets, fancy fixtures and fittings then this is not for you. But of you want a friendly, functional, well run place right near the beach then The Atlantic Sands is definitely worth considering.

I can't wait to come back - and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Atlantic Sands Beach Suites? Share your experiences!