“Best value, right on the doorstep of an awesome beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Sands Beach Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Atlantic Sands Beach Suites
310 - 318 Hayes Street, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #7 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Rockville, Maryland
“Best value, right on the doorstep of an awesome beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The location is great; very close to the broadwalk, paddleball court, play park, bike rental, the beach, and several restaurants. If your are a beach bum, then this is perhaps the ideal location. The one-bed room suite was only $1025 for a week during high season, which we thought was a steal. Most units are one bedroom, ideal for small families and groups. There are beach toys, books, games, beach umbrellas, and chairs for guests to use and return at no cost. The owners are very friendly, take pride in their work, and go out of the way to satisfy the guests. The units are well maintained even though the property is old. Once inside the unit, we didn't feel that it was just a hotel suite. It felt very comfortable and safe like a home. If you can put up with a few minor inconveniences (no swimming pool, parking on the street or in a nearby public garage), you will be very pleased with the value. If we visit the Miami-Ft Lauderdale area again, no doubt, we will only be staying at this location.

Room Tip: Suites 5 thru 8 are better. Also the 2-bedroom suite is very good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have stayed at this property on three prior occasions. Location is a minute from famed boardwalk and located right behind Nicks Resturant. There is no pool but the beautiful ocean is a five minute walk. The bandstand which has live music five nights a week and is a five minute walk with several bars and stores for shopping and ideal for people watching. The room is decent at best and beds are not very good if you have back issues. There is a small kitchen for cooking so you can save on eating out. Also there is an outside grill and a secured washer and dryer room. On my last visit to Hollywood I had planned on staying elsewhwere but in the ast minute it fell thru so I stopped by The Atlantic Sands and asked if they could drop their fee as I was tight on money and they adamantly said no despite half occupancy and they knew who I was. Now here's the kicker, I own a two week time share at The Sands which is located on the boardwalk next to The Marriot Hotel and s arguably one of the finest timeshares on the beach. I walked down to The Sands and they were more than happy to accomadate me at a steep price reduction. The Sands agreed with my thinking that its better to make something rather then nothing as long as you don't take a loss. I shared my decision with Dori the owner of the Atlantic Sands and didn't even receive a counter offer which I would have declined anyway. My post is not about sour grapes its about human interaction and common sense. Please do not get The Sands and The Atlantic Sands confused. The Sands is a four star top flight resort. Google it and you can see for your self not to mention I am looking to but an additional week after abor day.

Room Tip: There were plenty of empty rooms, I usually get an end room so I can keep an eye on my car because a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed 4 wonderful nights at the Atlantic Sands Beach Suites. Clean, comfortable, safe and steps to the beach and ocean. I loved having a kitchen with EVERYTHING I needed to make coffee, breakfast or a late-night snack, and the full size refrigerator was bigger and colder than the one I have in my NYC apartment. The water pressure in the shower was fantastic. Having a washer and dryer on the premises was a luxury. Beach chairs, towels and umbrellas were available for use, at no extra charge.The staff are very helpful and welcoming, (there was a welcome sign in my suite with my name on it, next to a fresh flower), a nice personal touch! Thank you. All my questions were answered and they checked on me daily to see if I needed anything.
I read the other reviews regarding the mattresses, it reminded me of Goldilocks and the 3 bears. Too soft, too hard and mine was just right. I had no problem with the mattress, in fact, it was perfect. I slept wonderful.
Thank you again, Dori Lynn and Patricia

Room Tip: No need to read anymore reviews, book a front room closest to the ocean.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have just returned from 2 weeks vacation in Hollywood, staying at Atlantic Sands and had an amazing time.

The location of the Atlantic Sands is sensational: just a couple minutes walk from the beach (or less if you are sprinting off the beach during a downpour). The local cafe's and restaurants along the Broadwalk are also within easy walking distance, but you don't get the noise from the Broadwalk because it is one (small) street away.

Johnson Street is no more than 5 mins walk away where you can get the Hollywood Trolley and all 3 stop at this location so it's perfect. The Beach Theatre is also here in Johnson Street.

The restaurants along the Intra- Coastal waterway (Joes's Tiki Bar, Le Tub, GGs Grill) are a short walk away - I couldn't have asked for a better location. You have a great choice of restaurants and bars all within easy walking distance.

We stayed in the 2 bedroom unit which is upstairs, and were greeted with a lovely welcoming letter upon arrival. The charm and friendliness was evident right from the start. This unit has a balcony off one of the bedrooms which is perfect for enjoying breakfast or an evening drink.

The apartment was well equipped with a fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker (that's all we needed) and a stove. Living room and both bedrooms have their own air conditioning units and fans. I found the bed to be very comfortable and the shower had good pressure. The bathroom isn't huge but it's functional and does the job. There was a hair dryer in the bathroom (I suffer from beach-hair so a hair dryer is very useful) and a coin operated washer and dryer on site.

We had use of Beach umbrellas which we took across to the beach each day and although we didn't use them I did see other toys and beach gear on site. When on the beach we felt safe enough to go to a nearby cafe for lunch and leave our umbrellas, chairs and towels on the beach. It really felt like a safe and friendly beach and neighborhood. A parking permit was included and we were always able to find a spot in the street - although we didn't use the car that much.

I loved staying here - Dory Lynn was super friendly and helpful and the apartment was great for a beach holiday. As it was a beach location we trampled sand everywhere and the apartment was designed and furnished with that in mind. If you are after a 5 star luxury penthouse with room service, plush carpets, fancy fixtures and fittings then this is not for you. But of you want a friendly, functional, well run place right near the beach then The Atlantic Sands is definitely worth considering.

I can't wait to come back - and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The owners and staff are super nice and helpful. The suites are cute, cheerful, and clean. The only issues we had was the shower was almost intolerable and the mattresses are not comfortable. The shower pressure was way too forceful. However, we never alerted management to our issues so I have no idea if these would have been resolved. The location is wonderful, just a few steps to the ocean and right in between all the shops and restaurants. I would definitely come back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We recently spent a weekend on the beach in Hollywood at the Atlantic Sands. The room was great--clean and cool! The bed was comfortable (there is an extra pillow in the closet). I woke up early on Saturday and was able to sit outside the room and enjoy a cup of coffee while watching the ocean. It was a perfect experience. The location is truly within 1 minute of the boardwalk and beach. We ate at an Italian restaurant about 1 block north on the Boardwalk for a late dinner—the food came out fast but the service was awful. We had a much better experience for brunch at a restaurant a few minutes’ walk south on the boardwalk that one of the employees, Dori Lynn, suggested. The service and food were awesome. We will definitely be back for another weekend at the Atlantic Sands!

Room Tip: I haven't been around a window AC unit in a long time. It was noisier than I remembered, but I...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the Atlantic Sands twice in the last two years. Just a few steps from the famous boardwalk. Room is decent at best with a small kitchen to cook. As prior review wrote the mattress is ungodly awful. Worst I've been on except when I was locked up. Owner Dorie, her Mom and staff are friendly people. I went to Florida in March and there were plenty of empty rooms and asked them if they would come down 20.00 and they said no, so I found a much nicer place down the boardwalk at a cheaper price that I have since been to twice. I guess rather than make something they prefer to let you walk away. Hope this review helps someone.

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Atlantic Sands Beach Suites? Share your experiences!