“A diamond on the rough” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #148 of 488 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“A diamond on the rough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stumbled across this place, while going to the liquor store nearby, It is a waterside dining establishment with some history to it. We sat outside along the water, which has a beautiful view. We didn't eat but the pizza looked great it was thin with crispy crust. I would definitely give this place a try upon returning to the area.

Visited January 2014

East Lansing, Michigan
“One and done”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

When the best thing you can say about a restaurant in Hollywood is the parking is free, what does that tell you? We sat on the deck along the Intercoastal and it still smelled, not to mention the smoke of three or four cigarettes. Isn't that illegal now? The service was poor, with the servers kicking a plate glass door to open it and get out to the deck. The sausage and mushroom pizza came with way more mushrooms than meat and was served cold and runny. The beer special was from yesterday and the server didn’t make it right on the overcharge. The best thing that could happen to this place is a bulldozer.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Reasonable food at reasonable prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Nice little restaurant along the intercoastal and only a 2 block walk from the beach. Food was average with TVs in the bar area.

Visited December 2013
“Outstanding pizza and drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great pizza and drinks. I had the chicken bacon ranch pizza and it was out of this world. The crust was delicious and you can get all different types in different sizes. The mixed drinks were outstanding as well. Beautiful view as well as it's located right along the intercoastal waterway

Visited December 2013
Miami, Florida
“Disappointing, Should Be A Lot Better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stop in on a Sunday afternoon for lunch and left with too many regrets to think that we would be back. Our first hint that this would probably be the case was when we walked in and there were less than ten customers in a sports bar on an NFL Sunday afternoon when the home team is being broadcast on nice flat screen televisions.

This does not really discourage us so we grab a few seats at the bar where a less than friendly bartender approaches us without even cracking a smile. We get the feeling he would rather be at home or at one in the afternoon it has already been a long day for him.

I make inquires about Capone's wings and he really does not seem knowledgeable about the kitchen's offerings. When I asked if or what dry rub flavorings they had he just suggested that I could get them plain. In my “wing book” there is a big difference between a dry rub flavoring, for example lemon pepper and plain.

I settle for the “Honey Garlic” wings while Mrs Kensington orders up the “Pot Stickers”. Although the “Pot Stickers” were well presented, they were hard and chewy as if they had been cooked right out of the freezer. Without a doubt the worst “Pot Stickers” we had ever had and we have had our share of them from all over the globe.

My “Honey Garlic” wings were nothing more than average and came swimming in sauce. Out of an order of ten, I only ate about five of them hoping they would grow on me but it just did not happen.

Thinking we could still save this disappointing experience we inquire about ordering a few slices of pizza to go along with finishing off our cold frosted ones. Surprisingly, although this is a “Chicago” style pizzeria they do not sell pizza by the slice. Our only option, a personal pizza which we decide to give a shot.

Like “Pot Stickers” I have had my share of “Chicago” pizzas and our personal pizza comes no where close to any of the pies I have had in “The Windy City”.

Chomping on the over baked hard crust with little or no cheese or flavor, I feel like I eating something that I might see on the ice at a Chicago Blackhawks game.

To top off our bad dining experience, a trip to an outdated, missing fixtures, “falling down” bathroom puts the nail in the coffin for us ever returning to Capone's unless that place that is probably hotter than a pizza oven freezes over.

• Visited December 2013