“A Hidden Gem... Great Reggae and Jerk Chicken” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #189 of 451 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Caribbean, Barbecue, Grill, Soups, Jamaican
Hollywood, Florida
“A Hidden Gem... Great Reggae and Jerk Chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My fiancé and I were there back at the end of April on a Sunday. I was really needing some live music and Reggae and jerk chicken sounded like it would fit the bill. I finally talked him into it! We're in east Hollywood and it's only about six miles away, so the place is close. We arrived and there didn't seem to be too much going on. It turns out we were there early. First impressions: It was like going to someone's outdoor family party. I believe it was a former golf course that the current owner purchased for weekend events (Friday-Sunday). Their kitchen is outdoors and was already smelling great. We decided to go inside and hit the bar. We started with a couple of rum punches (which were good, but we needed something stronger). Then we switched to double rum and coke. We ended up ordering the jerk chicken and two festivals and ate inside and hung out with a freshly minted bartender who was originally from Jamaica and had just moved from New York. She was very pleasant and attentive. Our food took a while, but it was probably because we were early and had arrived during their set up time. No problem! When the food came, it was hot and delicious. Please remember that this is no frills, just like a day or evening in the park. We wrapped up, settled our check and went outside as the music was starting. The band, I-land Vibe was phenomenal. They were a well rounded, true blue Reggae band with some serious creds that I viewed on their website. My favorite was when they played Soca. Needless to say, I was up and dancing for several hours. There is nothing like dancing under the stars to great music after a nice meal and drinks. Looking forward to going back as the milder temps are moving in and the rainy season is wrapping up in a few weeks. Parking there is free, no cover for music and a small food menu and bar. Catch it before everyone else finds out about it!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Best jerk chicken in south FLA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Every Sunday live reggae band. I do enjoy the jerk chicken fresh off the grill. Had to wait about 5 minutes for chicken off the grill but was worth it!

• Visited August 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Jerk chicken...nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Their jerk chicken is the best...had to wait as food cooked fresh from grill and went on sunday when live bands are there.

• Visited March 2013