“Inventive flavors and best-looking, but not quite the best tasting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mojo Donuts

Mojo Donuts
7906 Pines Blvd, Hollywood Blvd Turns Into Pines, Hollywood, FL
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 477 restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Cent FL
“Inventive flavors and best-looking, but not quite the best tasting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I were travelling to Miami for the first time and figured there must be some great donut places in the vicinity. After some research and review-reading, we decided that Mojo Donuts sounded like it would be worth stopping at along the way.

Reviews mentioned that people were in line at 6a.m. and that you had to get there early to get the best picks. We showed up about 10:30a.m. on a Wednesday and were surprised to see it mostly empty but thrilled to see so many selections still available.

The outside isn’t much to speak of as it sits in a small strip of stores, but the interior, while small, is cute and cool with a modern spin in terms of colors, décor and furniture. There are some larger, comfy couches as well as tables and chairs, giving it a kind of modern coffee-shop feel.

Opposite the entrance is where the goodness lies…a glass case chock full of all sorts of delicious, decadent-looking donuts in a wide spectrum of flavors neatly arranged to create serious, mouth-watering appeal.

The classifications were a tad confusing at first; some donuts are listed as ‘fancy’—these cost a little more when you buy them individually, but you can get these for no extra charge when including them to fill up one of their box-size orders.

The employees were very nice and welcoming. They were also quite helpful in explaining both the pricing and the different donuts. It was obviously they take pride in their business and in their donuts.

I personally have never seen such a collection of inventive and unique flavors of donuts all in one place, giving us the chance to try a large array of flavors: Crème brulee, S’mores, Raspberry, Blueberry, PB & J time, Cookies ‘n cream, Nutella and bacon, and others I cannot recall the names of—one of which was a yeast donut covered in chocolate icing with pixie stick fries on top!

I saw other donuts like maple bacon logs and ones that looked like they might have been covered with Fruity Pebbles or some other cereal, as well as a few traditional favorites they put their own twist on. Each donut we tried was very good, but some stood out—the Cookies ‘n cream was the best in our opinion, but the Crème brulee and Nutella and bacon were also fantastic. As a creme brulee fan, I can say that the carmalized sugar top of the Creme brulee donut was pretty close to the real deal.

The donuts here clearly have a ‘wow’ factor visually, but the high-end visual appeal doesn’t quite translate into as big of a ‘wow’ in terms of taste. It did seem like some of the icings and toppings were missing that extra special something to put them over-the-top. Perhaps the quality of the actual donut could be better or perhaps the donuts simply look 'too good' and make it impossible to live up to their visual expectations. For me, the taste just wasn't quite as 'mind-blowing' as some reviews have stated.

With that said, Mojo Donuts has an amazing collection of delicious and creative donuts that are superior to most others out there. They are certainly worth a stop, even if it’s out of your way. The donuts here are photo-worthy and you’ll have the chance to try some very creative inventions. Even though I've never seen one store with so many interesting flavors, there are a few (but not many) places with better tasting donuts. If Mojo Donuts can get their donuts to taste as good as they look, then they will surely have created a true donutopia.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

94% Recommend
Miami, Florida
“Really good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

At the moment we came in the lady was super helpful. She explained every flavor and talked to us about the store. The donuts were excellent. Happy customers

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Delicious gourmet donuts!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

For those of you looking for delicious, yet pleasing to the eye donuts, must come to mojo!!! Their donuts are creative and delicious. My favorites are the guava and mango donuts. Every friend I've brought here have fallen in love instantly!!!

• Visited July 2013
Hollywood, Florida
“No boring donuts here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I had noticed this new shop open near our house but had never stoped in. Well memorial day weekend after the beach we decided to walk in. And glad we did. WOW is all I can say. What a great vibe in the store and what awesome variety of donuts. And not your average flavors either. Nutella with bacon, maple with bacon Oreo, Tiramisu, Guava, Dulce Leche, I think they had a few with diff types of cereals, and the ist goes on. They make different flavors every day. We bought a box and tried a few. Definitely recomend to others and we will stop by again. But dont wait because once they sell out for the day they will close. Next time have to try some of the coffee. That day we met the owner and he was awesome. Very friendly!!! Go visit!!!! Go.....NOW!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“Phenomenal donuts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

These are not your ordinary donuts, not even close. These are light and huge and the most interesting of flavors. While the various bacon donuts are good, the guava and cheese, the chocolate glazed with peanuts and the blueberry cream are out of this world. I personally am not an apple fritter fan. Usually too heavy for my taste I bought some for my husband who likes apple fritters, The ones from Mojo were still warm when I bought them, they were the lightest fritter I have ever had! To say they were delicious is an understatement. The storefront is a hole in the world so don't let that fool you. Be prepared to wait in line as none of the donut flavors are marked anywhere so you have to wait to see what flavors were made that day which causes a delay in ordering. The flavors change daily. If you need a sweet fix, this is the place to go!

• Visited June 2013