“Great B&B” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ataraxia by the Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #6 of 25 Hollywood B&B and Inns
ny, ny
“Great B&B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

We had a wedding to attend in Hollywood and chose to stay at a B&B to experience beach life in Hollywood during our off time. We arrived so late (probably 11pm by the time we picked up our rental car) but Mike and Diane greated us warmly and showed us around (stayed in the Marguerite room.). Everything was decorated for the holidays - ornaments on the palm trees, santa in shorts and flip flops, etc - which was so funny coming from chilly NY. Our room was comfortable and private. Mike and Diane made us feel so welcome and it was so nice to chat with them and other guests over the most delicious breakfasts. The B&B was right next to the beach and boardwalk, but set back just enough so that we weren't disturbed by noise. There were lots of comfy chairs and tables in the patio/pool area to read and relax in the morning before heading out. Our hosts had good recommendations for restaurants and also for things to do like some local kayaking. The wedding we attended was held at the nearby Westin and we were so glad to be able to come back to a much more personal, authentic place each night rather than staying on site. The scene was friendly and social; we tend to go to sleep on the early side and our hosts and other guests were respectful of quieting down at night at a decent hour. Very relaxing and homey, we had a great time.

Stayed December 2008

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
land o lakes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

We had a wonderful experience this weekend. tremendous
breakfasts by Mike, an incredible feeling of being welcome.
We look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2009

We stayed at the Hollywood by the sea B and B for 3 nights. We arrived later at night about 8pm and had no problems checking in. We loved every part of our stay. The room was great, the beach was perfect, and the breakfasts were the best. We didn't have to eat another meal until late afternoon. The beach in Hollywood is big and beautiful. There is a boardwalk on the beach with restaurants and shops. The locals are friendly and you are only minutes away from Ft Lauderdale or Miami. The beach and outdoor pool was great for swimming also. The room was clean and had everything we needed. The innkeepers were friendly and helpful.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing that I can think of!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Hollywood by the Sea Bed and Breakfast for our first year Anniversary.

The home is warm and inviting just like the host and hostess. I was not aware of the fact that we would be getting breakfast made to order..which by the way if you don't like omelettes, pancakes or french toast you will after tasting Mike's. He has a magic touch with food that CAN NOT be described, but MUST BE experienced!! I believe I even heard the coffee beans being grinded freash every morning!

Talking at the table while we ate felt like minutes and we both realized later that we actually spent about 2 hours every morning just talking at the table....now if that is not just like being at home I don't know what is?!

Dianne's warmth and friendliness is projected throughout the home with her unique decorating and design skills. She has a flair that is both homey and distinct.

They both are down to earth people and when you leave you feel like you are leaving old friends. Hopefully we will meet on the dance floor at Flamingo and Taft!!!

I would suggest and recommend to anyone who lives in the immediate area and needs time to get away from the everyday grind to try heading for the beach even if only for a weekend. We have everything right in our own backyard and Hollywood Bed and Breakfast is just the place to go.

All in all it was a GREAT, WONDERFUL, CHARMING, WARMING stay. I am looking forward to June when my husband and I will be returning for my birthday!!!

P.S. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MIKE AND DIANE! May you have a lifetime of love and happiness.

Yvette and David Humphrey

• Liked — Too many things to choose one.
  • Disliked — There was nothing we did not like.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
yachtstew282
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2008

When my boyfriend and I arrived at HBTS, Mike greeted us at the door with a smile and "You're Home!" Did I mention that it was 9:30 on a Friday night? We never once felt like we were inconveniencing anyone as Mike took us straight to our room and did not worry with registering us that night.

The next morning, I lingered at the breakfast table with Mike and Diana enjoying their company and some incredible apple pancakes! Again, I felt that they had nothing better to do than to hang out with me. It was great! The next morning, Mike and my boyfriend (a chef) cooked an omelet together while I chatted at the kitchen table with Diana and Mike's mother.

Not only was the service warm and welcoming, the rooms were cozy and quaint. The air conditioning was rather strong, but in South Florida, that's a MUST! Our room, the Marguerite, was sweetly decorated with a homey quilt and antiques. The bathroom was romantic and spacious. The pictures really don't do this property justice!

Mike and Diana were fantastic hosts. Their home was my home for the weekend, and I can't wait to visit them again!

• Liked — the warm, homey atmosphere allowed me to relax and enjoy myself
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything that I didn't like... everything was fantastic!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

A Great Place - My wife and I stayed at Hollywood by the Sea for a local weekend anniversary get-a-way. The proprietors, Mike & Diana, couldn't have made us feel more welcome. The place is absolutely charming with different themed rooms and interesting items placed throughout the common areas. We live locally and wanted a place to go to where we could just go to the beach and have places to walk to. The location is just 50ft or so from the Hollywood Beach boardwalk which has plenty to do. Beach chairs and towels are provided for you so all we had to do was show up. Lookout for Mike's killer breakfasts, if you stay too long, you will be going home with about 5lbs more than you showed up with. Try the french toast with the melted cream cheese wedges and strawberries!! This was our first stay in a Bed & Breakfast and it was thoroughly enjoyed!

• Liked — The personal touch and efforts made by the owners
  • Disliked — The AC blew very cold but was adjustable to some extent
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

We had an amazing experience at Hollywood by the Sea! We stayed for a few days after staying in a large Hollywood hotel and we agreed almost instantly that this charming B&B was better than the big guy! We loved everything about our stay, from free use of Mike and Diana's beach chairs and umbrellas, to the character of the decor, to long long breakfast chats over Mike's (newly famous!) banana pancakes, to heart to hearts with Diana. They thought of every detail, including Andrea Bocelli playing over the speakers in the poolyard on a lazy afternoon!! We were really able to relax and go to and from the beach and the Broadwalk as we pleased. Mike and Diana were incredible at giving us little recommendations whenever asked... and they know their stuff! I would highly recommend HBTS to ANYONE and we can't wait to visit again!!

• Liked — Mike and Diana's enthusiasm to see us enjoy ourselves!
  • Disliked — The pool filter was broken... but the ppol yard is still beautiful!!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Ataraxia by the Sea? Share your experiences!