“Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ataraxia by the Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Ataraxia by the Sea
You added Ataraxia by the Sea to your Saves list
301 Jackson Street, Hollywood, FL 33019-2016   |
Ranked #7 of 25 Hollywood B&B and Inns
West Hollywood, Florida
“Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Everything was great, we did not get breakfast at all, but we still enjoyed the location. We enjoyed watching Otis swimming. It was nice to have a grill to barbecue and a picnic table to enjoy the evening air and eat informally

Room Tip: Get the apt on the first floor by thepool
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Manhasset, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed out stay, wonderful hosts, nice broadwalk, warm salt water beaches and sunny sunny days. Hollywood is a fantastic place to visit, but the most fascinating experience we had was the room we stayed in had a certain energy. My wife is a Reiki channel master teacher, for years she travels the world sharing her gifts of remembrance.
In the middle of the night we kept hearing music playing in the room, but it wasn't coming from any particular place, my wife began to receive messages of a name, it repeated "Billy Yeager".
We had no idea who or what this name meant. When researching on the internet when we got back home to NY, we looked up the name, found out it was an artist musician that lived on the beach, and was someone who wrote and recorded music here for years. This person had even filmed a story of their life here. My wife felt this incredible energy flowing through her body, we went to Hollywood so I could be in the sun, I was having serious kidney problems and I was going to have an operation. The music in the room kept getting stronger, and my hair stood right up on end, I had this incredible stream of warmth running down my spine, and the room became bright and the walls started creaking and making loud noises, we became scared, and my wife said, look at you hair it is standing straight up, tears began to flow from my eyes pouring out like never before, the music got louder, I ran outside I thought the place was haunted, but my wife told me to come back inside, there was a healing vibration she said, so I came back, then when I walked inside I fell to the floor and in an instant I was healed completely right there, we had to leave the next morning and I never had the chance to tell the owner but when I got home I did some research and yes this is the place I am certain where the musician known as Billy Yeager must have lived, it is quite a story actually if you read up on-line, he does healing energy music and I believe this place has a special energy, a very high vibration of healing and peace.
I am most thankful what can I say, I am not going to the doctor for surgery, I am very happy we went there I was in fear of this operation, and now I feel better. You really should come here if you have any problems, ask for the room in the front side, west side of the building this is where my wife says the music can be felt and heard.

Good luck and God Bless.

Ed and his wife Hilary

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here in February and this is one spot that's tough to review. The owner Dean is a GREAT and FUNNY guy but at the same time after talking to him some I wonder if he’s just tired and needs to sell the place. The place has SOOOOOOO much potential but lacks in certain areas. The pros are that the room I stayed in was very nice with a big bathroom and tub. Room also has a small fridge and satellite TV. Bed was pretty comfortable but kind of felt like it was sinking in the middle. Now there is a pool that's heated which is cool if you want to take a dip at night BUT pool looks like no one cleans it. This turned me off and I didn't feel too comfortable going in. There is a BBQ grill and nice big table for you to eat. I’ve never stayed at a "bed and breakfast" so I didn't really know what to expect. Some day’s dean would cook breakfast others where he wasn't around so all you had was coffee, orange juice, fruit and yogurt. The best part of this place is the location as you’re literally steps away from the beach and a lot of restaurants on the boardwalk. The beach chairs that you can use from the B&B need to be replaced I didn’t even want to ask for the bikes after seeing the chairs. There were fresh towels every day. So would I stay here again? Yeah I would but I do hope things are better.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Perthshire.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 8 nights in Feb 2014. We loved the place from the moment we arrived. Dean is a very laid back friendly host. His breakfasts were always delivered with lots of good humoured banter. Asking him to put my eggs and potatoes on a warm plate almost brought on a seizure ! It was 50 steps to the Boardwalk and 10 more steps to the magic sandy beach. Lots of interesting fellow guests, some of whom stay for 3 months to avoid the cold weather further north. It reminds me a lot of Tasmanian B and B's thirty years ago . The in- house bikes were great fun and even better when we oiled the chains and pumped air into the tyres. They will be running much easier now ! Not a 4 star hotel but much more informal and much more fun. I would thoroughly recommend Ataraxia to anyone looking to chill out . Very reasonable rates . Thank you Dean, I hope to see you in Scotland soon . Best regards, Peter and Annette .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our family of 14 rented all 5 suites. The owners Dean and Lori made us all feel welcome the second our van pulled up. Ages 60 to 2 months. This place offers so much,,, # 1 location,, steps to the broadwalk and ocean. A heated mineral pool right outside your door totally fenced in and private. They supplied all the towels we needed. We used their beach chairs everyday at the beach. We rode their bicycles for miles. There patio alongside the pool had a brand new gas grill and nice teak tables and chairs which we cooked out at many times. Back to location,,, the places to walk were endless. Restaurants, lounges, shopping and outdoor dancing and people watching went on for miles. The rooms were great, my oldest son has 4 kids and he had a 1100 sq. ft apartment with a large living room and gourmet kitchen with two full baths. My wife and I had a room right off the pool, great bed and big bathroom, and all the suites have nice flat screen TV's hooked up to satellite.
But really, Dean and Lori made our vacation, they are like visiting family, they couldn't do enough for us. Whether you go for a couples get away or family reunion you will love it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Omro, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Great location, close to the beach and broadwalk. (that's what they call it). Hosts are super people. Hard to determine which light switches control which lights and the microwave turntable didn't work nor the ice making machine.The place needs a little tender loving care but overall a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here recently with my husband for 5 nights recently while arranging/attending my mother's funeral. The house is fabulous, and Lori & Dean were very sympathetic & comforting. Playing catch in the pool with Otis, their dachshund, made me so happy. Our 2nd floor suite had an ocean view & was very comfortable. Breakfasts were ample & delicious. Lori is an accomplished massage therapist. Ataraxia was the perfect spot for us, I hope we have the opportunity to return under happier circumstances.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ataraxia by the Sea? Share your experiences!