“Clean Tasting Thai” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Delray Beach, Florida
“Clean Tasting Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I asked my husband if he knew what I meant when I said Clean Tasting Thai and he said, yes, that was exactly what he wanted for dinner too. To me, when you taste grease or cooking residue in your food or everything is just saturated in sauces and oils it ruins the meal. So we googled best Thai food in Hollywood and found Siam Rice Thai & Tapas.

This was fabulous food. Fried Rice with beef and my husband had pad Thai with mixed meats and shrimp. Spring rolls and hot and cold green teas. Excellent meal for $41 plus $9 tip was well worth the price. Highly recommend. Kim and Benz (like the car, cute) were fun and knowledgeable.

When I say clean I want my rice to taste fresh, my meat to taste like meat and the freshest of vegetables and they exceeded my meal expectations with the flavor, freshness and portions. Also the restaurant is inviting. We are bringing friends with us the next time we are down to visit Hollywood. They do not over spice everything and if you would like something a little warmer or hot as in spices, just ask.

I am looking forward to working my way through the menu.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York
“Overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Based on other reviews I had somewhat heightened expectations for this place. Unfortunately, it did not deliver.

Their rendition of Thai cuisine is bland and tastes pre-packaged. Food quantities are enormous, but that does not make up for the lack of taste.

Service was standard for the area, though food took just a bit too long to be served - too long for what it was, anyway.

Suggested tips on the check go all the way up to 25%. There is nothing this place could ever do to justify that kind of "hutzpa".

Unless you are into bland, "fast-food" quality Thai food - I wouldn't recommend it.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great place for Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Large portions of tasty, Americanized Thai food in clean casual surroundings. Extremely friendly, helpful staff. Very reasonable prices, considering quality of the food.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
twilight_campfighter
“Great thai food in suburbs. Can't wait to try again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Have only been here twice, 1st time had Tofu pad see ew. 2nd time, had panang curry w/ tofu. Both were excellent. Will be trying this place often. Can't wait to try their other currys and other items. They have a very nice selection of beers too... not jus Asian, but other imported beers and a nice selection of Florida craft beers including the Cigar City Jai Alai. Doesn't seem super sexy from the outside (in a strip mall), but it's nice, clean and cozy inside. Service was really good too. One last thing - portions, especially on 2nd visit were amazing. You can easily split some of the meals between two people. Prices aren't bad.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach, Florida
“Nice Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This place is really nice. We stumbled upon it while going to Kohls. With all those dirty dining reports often dealing with Asian food one can become skeptical about certain Asian restaurants and Asian places.

This is one you don't need to worry about as of yet

The food is good the portions are good the service is good very clean.

Excellent prices

Basically overall good going to put this on my list for repeat.

I couldn't find really anything wrong with this so I give it top rating.