“decent cuban cuisine” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 479 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: maybe in Dana beach, florida
“decent cuban cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This has a drive through or eat in. The Cuban sandwich was very tasty and so were the empanadas. The plantains were a little too well done. The ice tea was also the best I had in this region during my stay. I would go again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Newnan, Georgia
“Unexpected good cuban food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Had no idea that a place with a sign outside called Las Vegas would be a good Cuban restaurant. I especially love the cuban coffee!

Visited August 2013
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
“Busy little restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Food was very good, however because the restaurant was quite busy on the night I visited (Friday) wait staff did not provide enough attention had to ask for bread. When the food arrive was not provided or ask if ketchup was needed. Was unable to get waiter attention so had to go to a station and pick out a bottle. No complaints with food quality which was real good.

Visited September 2013
Virginia Beach
“Nothing great to me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Came here because of all the great reviews. I was a little disappointed. It's food was average, nothing great. Pictures on the menu didn't even look appetizing. But again, it was ok.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hollywood, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Strange tasting food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Hmm, kind of thrown by the other reviews here as I didn't experience great food at all. I was here about a month ago. I was actually craving a Mexican tamale and this place had Cuban tamals (not the same thing, of course). Anyway, I figured it's a place close to home and why not Cuban food? Well, upon entering, I notice that the lighting is very low. I look up and notice that they're using those energy saving bulbs that cast a yellowish light down onto your table. Didn't like that. We ordered the Sangria and it didn't impress. Ended up ordering the tamal appetizer with sautéed onions. Not bad, but not great. For my main entrée, I ordered the Ropa Vieja with rice and black beans. The flavor was not there and there seemed to be a metallic taste to the beans that not only scared me, but made me realize that I would not be coming back. My fiancé didn't taste anything funny with his food, but I can't really go by him as he's a smoker and eats very fast. He asked if I wanted to send the food back and I didn't. Had the beans been sitting in the pot a bit too long or was the cookware old and leeching metal? I don't know and I'm not going back to find out. The only saving grace was how attentive our waitress was, but that's it. :(

• Visited August 2013