“Excellent fresh food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Face is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 480 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boulevard
Transit: Taxi or bus
Description: Face will provide you with creative and succulent food in a casual, sophisticated lounge ambiance and an extensive never before seen international wine list. Chef Owner Michel Thomann brings her blend of international and nouvelle cuisine using only the freshest organics local ingredients. A few items from her menu included: Pan-seared Foie Gras, Blue crab Strudel, signature Gravelax,Warm Napoleon of Ripe Tomato & Goat Cheese. Seafood Bouillabaise,Pan Seared Flounder,Coq au Vin,Iron strip Steak Blue sheese. Chef Michel is always open to suggestions, or check with her table d'hote and recommendations for your event or catering. Face is a restaurant with different Faces; perfect, for Romantic Dinner, business meeting or between friends around a cocktail, martini seating at the bar. Best experience ever!
George Town
“Excellent fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

After walking up and down Hollywood and Harrison checking menus and vibe we picked this restaurant. I'm so happy we did. The food and service were superb. All the ingredients were very fresh and the attention to detail with the meals was exceptional. Very good value for money. I would go back there again for sure.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hallandale Beach, Florida, United States
“Great Service and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Downtown Hollywood really needed a new type of offering and I was pleasantly surprised to discover the french Face. Great service with personalized attention from the owners its always welcomed. It was a late Saturday night and not all items from the menu were available. The Escargot was well prepared and garnished. The wine selection decent. Overall great atmosphere and quality experience.

• Visited May 2013
Newton, MA
“Excellent French Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was surprised that many reviews did not highlight the strong French influence on the menu. The French waiter also added to the ambiance. The outdoor seating is quite nice as it is completely sheltered from the street, but gives a great outdoor feeling. Food was excellent the seafood special appetizer was superb. Le bouef bourguignon was traditional and very good. The rabbit special was excellent. Restaurant was not busy and service could not have been better. Waiter was personable and attentive. We were quite pleased with our experience there.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“What an amazing dining experience ! ! !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been looking for the perfect restaurant and we found It! Face has all the elements that made our dinner a dining extravaganza! The decor inside and out is both romantic and elegant. The wait staff were very attentive and knowledgable in their profession. I ordered the pan seared diver scallops and my husband had the beef bourguignon. Both were cooked to perfection and delighted our palets. We enjoyed two glasses of the house wine wich complimented our meals perfectly. The owner, Michel, even came over to welcome us and discuss how fresh the food is. It is obvious that time was taken in EVERY detail. This makes Face our new favorite place to dine when in Hollywood.

Whidbey Island, Washington
“not what was expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place was highly rated on Trip Advisor so I guess our expectations were high.

The food was mostly OK, service was kinda bad.

I was torn between 2 choices on the menu, and the deciding factor for me was the candied pecans that were supposed to come on the salad I chose. When it came out, it had plain walnuts instead. If they had told me they were out of the nuts, I would have chosen the other option I had in mind.

When I told the waitress I had no pecans, she never apologized, she just came back with candied walnuts telling me they were all out of pecans.

My boyfriend ordered a lunch special that came with soup and the waitress forgot his soup until the food came out. The soup was amazing, however everything else was just mostly OK except that in my salad, one of the mandarin orange segments were rancid and the tomatoes were over ripe.

Over all pretty blah. I was surprised this place was so highly rated here. Usually I make my choices based on the ratings on this site and this was the first huge disappointment.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Face? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Face, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.