“What an amazing dining experience ! ! !” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Face is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 486 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boulevard
Transit: Taxi or bus
Description: Face will provide you with creative and succulent food in a casual, sophisticated lounge ambiance and an extensive never before seen international wine list. Chef Owner Michel Thomann brings her blend of international and nouvelle cuisine using only the freshest organics local ingredients. A few items from her menu included: Pan-seared Foie Gras, Blue crab Strudel, signature Gravelax,Warm Napoleon of Ripe Tomato & Goat Cheese. Seafood Bouillabaise,Pan Seared Flounder,Coq au Vin,Iron strip Steak Blue sheese. Chef Michel is always open to suggestions, or check with her table d'hote and recommendations for your event or catering. Face is a restaurant with different Faces; perfect, for Romantic Dinner, business meeting or between friends around a cocktail, martini seating at the bar. Best experience ever!
“What an amazing dining experience ! ! !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been looking for the perfect restaurant and we found It! Face has all the elements that made our dinner a dining extravaganza! The decor inside and out is both romantic and elegant. The wait staff were very attentive and knowledgable in their profession. I ordered the pan seared diver scallops and my husband had the beef bourguignon. Both were cooked to perfection and delighted our palets. We enjoyed two glasses of the house wine wich complimented our meals perfectly. The owner, Michel, even came over to welcome us and discuss how fresh the food is. It is obvious that time was taken in EVERY detail. This makes Face our new favorite place to dine when in Hollywood.

• Visited April 2013

Whidbey Island, Washington
“not what was expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place was highly rated on Trip Advisor so I guess our expectations were high.

The food was mostly OK, service was kinda bad.

I was torn between 2 choices on the menu, and the deciding factor for me was the candied pecans that were supposed to come on the salad I chose. When it came out, it had plain walnuts instead. If they had told me they were out of the nuts, I would have chosen the other option I had in mind.

When I told the waitress I had no pecans, she never apologized, she just came back with candied walnuts telling me they were all out of pecans.

My boyfriend ordered a lunch special that came with soup and the waitress forgot his soup until the food came out. The soup was amazing, however everything else was just mostly OK except that in my salad, one of the mandarin orange segments were rancid and the tomatoes were over ripe.

Over all pretty blah. I was surprised this place was so highly rated here. Usually I make my choices based on the ratings on this site and this was the first huge disappointment.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Always a charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Third time at Hollywood best French Rest. Amazing cousine Shout out to Dominick the beat server with huge
Knowledge of food and drink and a passion for his profession. I say, profession and so well deserve Dominick is a true professional.

Thank you to Michel the fabulous owner who so generously invited my husband to sample
An 80 Yr old Brandy. 1929 Grand Duke.

Hollywood, Florida
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

It was my first time there, we had a very good experience .the mussels were fantastic,but its highest point i would say is the customer service.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hollywood, Florida
“FACE is the place - for the best food in South Florida!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

After moving to Hollywood a few years ago we searched for a really good restaurant to enjoy. About 8 months ago we discovered FACE. What a great joy to finally encounter a restaurant with owners who bring the best traditions of European based cuisine to the realities of the south Florida dining experience. The result is a home run in the culinary world series! We dine at FACE at least 4 times per week and leave with a smile and a great residual taste in our mouths and bellies to enjoy for the next few hours.

Never once on all these months have we had a meal which was less than great! The ingredients - from fresh fish and meat daily - to the best vegetables and fruits - all purchased locally are outstanding in taste and presentation.

It is wonderful to discover a restaurant which understands food in all its aspects! The marriage of French influence (the great French chef and the French-Swiss owner work the kitchen together) and fuss over every detail, including the final details of visual presentation before the servers are allowed to bring the food from the kitchen to the diners in the lovely inside restaurant or the outdoor terrace where passersby gaze longingly at the incredible dishes being served.

The wine list is extensive and the owner knows his stuff regarding every bottle of wine, rum,brandy, liquor...you name it.

In case someone would think we have no criticisms we do have a few issues. The main one is that the servers are changed frequently and the new ones often don't measure up to the standards needed for such a restaurant. It is indeed hard to find good servers because of the lack of education, work experience, lack of tradition,sloth, and the idea that work is not an ethic but a god given right.

The other criticism is that the coffee could be better,

Other than that we give FACE 5 FULL STARS!