“great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Gold Hill, North Carolina
“great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed there the night we were to leave on a cruise, very nice place to stay, and the lady on duty that day was Kortney, she was very nice and very helpfull. Would stay there again when in the area. Everyone we delt with was very nice.

Room Tip: all the room locations looked good to me
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband had a massive heart attack while we were on a cruise and had to be media-vaced home but we had to be airlifted to Florida first, they were afraid he would not make the long trip home to Canada.
We had a booking for this hotel through Choice hotels.com.
I can not believe how horrible the choice hotel.com people were to us, I would never treat anyone the way they treated me, no compassion at all, they also unkindly gave me such a nightmare run around wow. They insisted that I call the quality Inn and suites myself to get permission to cancel which I did, the hotel was wonderful to me just so compassionate and willingly cancelled the hotel, it was a fair amount of money to just through away, because we could not be there, no problem with the hotel, great service. Back to choice hotels.com I informed them the hotel was totally willing to cancel us no charge, especially due to the circumstances of my husbands heart attack and hospital stay. Choice hotels.com again gave me the run around kept me on the phone for nearly an hour unbelievable, and still were rude and this was the manageress, never again will we go through them, never. Choice hotels.com took our money but will never get another cent from us. Shame on you choice hotels.com shame on you.

Stayed April 2012
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed for two nights between cruises. The hotel was a good value for the area. Comfortable bed, large room, the bathroom could use an upgrade. For breakfast they had make your own waffles and cereal, pretty standard stuff. Would stay again for a short stay.

Largo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on 2/15/2013 and only had a few problems with checkin and checkout. We checked in at 4:10 pm and were told our room would not be ready for another 1/2 hr. I was told checkin was 3 pm but they were extremely busy. I asked for a room which was ready and was given a handicap room right across from pool. Not a problem except no bathtub and water comes out over lip of shower. In addition noise so loud at 6 AM from people sitting outside eating breakfast could not sleep. Upon checkout I noticed a $3 extra charge which was not on the Internet price. When I asked what this was I was told parking and incidentals. This should either be shown on the Internet or not charged. Still breakfast was good and a great selection and bed was comfortable. You have to drive to the Rodeway Inn hotel to get the shuttle to the cruiseport. A nearby shopping mall had a Chilis for dinner.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool area would be quieter if eating outside is permitted.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We booked 4 nights at this hotel and were very concerned about the constuction but were told that the windows are double paned and relatively sound proof. The weekend was fine as no construction was happening and even Monday morning wasn't bad as they started about 7:30 AM. However the last night- resurfacing begain at 3:00AM and continued until 6:00 AM!
The whole building shook. I mentioned it to the Manager and her less than apologetic response was "we have no control over that". I understand, but she did have some control over what I paid -(which wasn't cheep) but judging from her less than customer friendly responses to other comments on this site-I shouldn't be surprised. The breakfast was OK- the usually fare, but two days in a row I had to ask the attendent to restock a number of items. The breakfast area is small and only seats about 8 people at a time. (The attendent on duty on Sunday however was excellent.) We were very pleased with housekeeping as our room was neat and nicely stocked each day. (Carpet in our Room 210, could use a shampooing). Also we loved Kourtney at the front desk! She was helpful, charming and understanding. I have myself been in the service industry for years and would want her on my staff! (Hotels in Area take Note!) Also there was no business center as the computer was out of order. The security gates were non-operational, which caused me some concern. (the one just below our room kept slamming- sounding like gun shots). Kourtney was informed of most of this and told us that plans were in the works to correct the problems. She however was not there to hear of our horrible last sleepless night.

Room Tip: Call hotel first and get assurances about completion of Road Construction outside hotel!!!!
Cross Lanes, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Booked this hotel online as part of "package deal' that included parking during our cruise. The room was adequate- nothing to write home about. The lady who checked us in during the afternoon was great. The breakfast area was very small and when we tried to eat at 8:45 am the food was gone and no one was making any effort to replenish it. Parking was at another location about 15 minutes away. The trip to the cruise port was OK, but the return trip was quite hectic and took over an hour. We have already booked a cruise for next year from Pt. Everglades, but won't be staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Winter Haven, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

There was no room between the wall & toilet, as well as between the toilet and shower. Getting into the shower was a challenge because it also had a higher than normal side. Although old, a bit worn, it was clean.
Actual room was VERY spacious, comfortable desk/work area chair and free Wi-Fi. Ceiling fan to help the AC.
Even though there are only two floors, there is an elevator which worked efficiently.
Expanded "continental" breakfast included make your own waffles, hot sausage patties and egg rounds. Also two flavors of Vitamin Water along with the usual orange and apple juice. LIMITED seating area and room to access the food. Although there are tables around the pool, gate is not open until 9am.
I was worried about the road noise, but after 10pm it was quiet and not a problem in the morning.
Convenient to both cruise ports of Fort Lauderale and Miami.
My check-in experience was equally as pleasant as previously stated. If ever have the same need, will stay again.

Room Tip: Have no clue if all bathrooms were as tiny as ours. It was #210, upstairs, just to the right of the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMQH, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hollywood Boulevard, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
WHEN YOU GOT TO GO, YOU GOT TO GO. >What a funny title. Our standard room and bathroom are the same size as all of the other hotels in the area standard elongated toilet. bath tub is the Same size as in my house. I know you went on a cruise what did you think of the Triple S bath rooms there you can Shower shave and shiP all at the same time in the same place. WOW! We do thank you for staying with us and the compliment about our staff, Serta Pillow top bed mattress, and shuttle service with many great amenities! The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. At Quality Hollywood we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. Hope to see you soon Thank you for traveling!

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Hollywood Boulevard? Share your experiences!