“Very nice & inexpensive” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
pittsburgh
“Very nice & inexpensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I left a disgusting hotel to come here & was satisfied. The rooms are clean, there's cable & much needed ammenities. I wasn't crazy about the location but it's close to Miami & not in a bad neighborhood. I was very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2012
GMQH, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hollywood Boulevard, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Appreciative Guest> We do thank you for staying with us! We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. You were very smart and choose our hotel because you wanted a full service budget friendlily hotel. You saved lots of money by staying with us. What make us great is for the value of a quality renovated, clean room you get a hotel at a super Location near to the airport/cruise port, great service, Gift shop, Car rental, Restaurants, with many other great amenities. At Quality we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. We encourage our guests to contact any member of our staff, or hotel management during your stay should you need additional services, amenities or if we overlooked anything.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hollywood, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

First I was told that the charges were just holds that were going to be released upon checkout within 24-48 hours. Then I was told the computer system automatically charges cards on file if you stay longer than a week. I asked why does it do that if the room is paid for up to date? "Because the computer system automatically charges after a week." But why? "Because the computer system automatically char..." Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up.

A week after checkout I check my statements online and still no refund so I call my bank and ask why the funds havent been released yet and they told me that for this type of account there is no hold, if it is on the statement then the funds are gone.

I go back and explain this to the manager who argues with me for a little bit until I called my bank on speaker phone and have them explain it to her how it works on their end. This is when she calls in Isabel who is the corporate manager of the hotel and the apartments next door. She kept insisting that she give me a copy of the fax that she sent to my bank telling them to release my funds for me. I told her that it is useless and called my bank on speaker again to explain to her that my bank is not in possession of any funds to be released along with giving her a printout of the charges on my bank statement. She questioned the validity of the printout saying that I could have typed that up myself and then disagreed with the bank representative on the phone about his knowledge of my bank's policies and insisted she get a number that she could fax her silly paper to.

At this point I was advised to speak to the fraud department of my bank and was transferred over, and while I was on hold she kept coming over to me and waving that stupid fax around trying to absolve herself with it instead of listening to reason and logic and trying to track down the money by calling her bank. She was doing the customer service version of sticking your fingers in your ears and singing loudly. It was pretty embarrassing.

Its been over a month without so much as a phone call from her.
Stay far far away from this joke of a business unless you enjoy going to court for things.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GMQH, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hollywood Boulevard, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
TO CREDIT OR TO DEBIT THAT’S THE CHARGE IN QUESTION! >Please accept my sincere apology for any misunderstandings that may have occurred with our staff during your stay. We make guest satisfaction and experience our number one priority. You used a bank debit card from Canada at check-in and your bank is the one that took over 15 day to credit your account for the unused authorization. We release it immediately upon check out. We explain this and you verified this with your bank as you say in your review. You originally check in was for a few days at our hotel, here from Canada because you were relocating for your new job and renting an apartment. You had problems with your move in so you kept extending your stay day by day for a total of 16 days this added to the additional authorizations. AS POSTED AT MOST HOTELS IN THE COUNTRY WHEN YOU CHECK IN. > We gladly accept your use of a debit card for transactions at this hotel. If a debit card is used, your account will be debited at check-in for the projected total amount of room and tax plus incidental per day stayed. These funds will not be available for use from your bank debit account. Upon check out the unused amount will be released back to your debit card. However, depending on the processor and your bank’s procedures, it could take up to 15 days for the unused amount to be credited back to your account. This hotel like any other hotel cannot be responsible for any returned check fees associated with your bank account. We work with your bank fraud department and confirmed that the hold was releases at check out. Again we are sorry that it took your bank in Canada awhile to release funds. We understand this was your first and probably only review written totally out of frustration due to a miss understanding about use of a debit card not a credit card. We look forward to you coming back and see what our other satisfied guest sees. We do wish you lots of luck in your new job and welcome to Hollywood Fl.
Key West, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while having dental work done nearby. The hotel is surprisingly affordable, about half the price we normally pay in south Florida. Courtney greeted us at reception and was very friendly and helpful. The grounds and our room were immaculate (except for a sink that was a little dirty; Courtney came over and cleaned it right up). Until we discovered the control for the air conditioner (in plain sight), the room was a quite chilly. The free wi-fi worked very well despite just us having four devices connected to it.

The room had all the amenities: big tv, microwave, refrigerator, safe, iron & board, coffee maker, hair dryer, etc. The complimentary continental breakfast wasn't fancy but it was very adequate.

We'd definitely stay here again of in this area, and we'll consider other Quality Inns when traveling elsewhere.

Room Tip: Smoking and non-smoking rooms are available. We like the first floor and were accommodated when we...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Fort Walton Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was my stopping point in between my previous home and my soon to be new home as I move for my job. The staff members were friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. It was a wonderful relaxing spot to recuperate from my long drive before moving into a new place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Me and my family stayed here. The rooms were so clean, comfortable beds, awesome shower, beautiful pool. I have stayed at alot of hotels and this was the absolute best yet. The staff is so friendly, courteous. The front desk was so amazing. The manager Maritza Figueroa was so awesome and made us feel so welcome. The housekeeping is amazing as well. Do yourself a favor stay here and I promise you will be very impressed

Room Tip: All of the rooms are the same. They include 2 beds with pilow top matresses, ceiling fan, refrigarat...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I came here for a small vacation with my Adult sons and their wives. The road was under construction but was not hard to navigate coming and going. The rooms were extremely clean, I have never been in a better pool. it was clean and not so full of chlorine that you hated to be in it. It was as close to perfect as any pool Ive ever been in and we used it a lot. The staff including the general manager Izzy Was friendly, and extremely helpful. They knew their city and the best places to go and the easiest way to get there
The little girl with extremely short hair that works night shift was beyond awesome.If she lived in Orlando We would hire her in a heart beat as she is what every company should try to employ. Friendly, nice, down to earth and spouted all the wonderful things about her hotel.
If I have any complaints it would be that it was farther away from the beach than the website indicates. And after coming home I had some unexpected charges but when I called to find out what they were Isabelle was very helpful and explained they were some kind of deposit that should be credited to my account within 48 hours.
Overall I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: They only have 4 smoking rooms and they were all booked so if you smoke reserve in advance. certain...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed here as it got decent reviews and close enough to Hard Rock.
It was busy when we checked in so waited but Courtney was so SUPER patient and nice with everyone and being as helpful as she could be and still being personable and keeping her smile.
Hotel is older style and room smelled musty upon entering. The curtains and side chair were stained and frayed. There seemed to be some obvious upgrades to some of the furniture but not all. Adequate room for one night and close to the elevator. The morning breakfast is hardly worth going down for. It is a tiny cubby in the check in area. There are only 2 or 3 little tables and hardly any space to move around. Did have a slimmed down version of continental breakfast. Could go sit by pool but some smoker were out there.
Since we got in late from Casino there was no front or side parking so had to park in the back which didn't look very desirable and were leary but no other choice. Our vehicle was okay the next morning though.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
izzytobe, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hollywood Boulevard, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
WHY, WHY DID YOU NOT CONTACT US IN THE FRONT DESK??? We do thank you for staying with us! Please accept my sincere apology for any misunderstandings that may have occurred during your stay. The a/c might have been turned off. Our Housekeeping department cleans and dusts every room every day. We use Ecolab for our constant, never ending cleaning and chemicals like the other great resorts and hotels do. Most of our guests are extremely happy and keep coming back year after year.
At Quality Inn hotel near port everglades cruise port we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. We encourage our guests to contact any member of our staff, or hotel management during your stay should you need additional services, amenities or if we overlooked anything. What make us great is for the value of a quality renovated clean room you get a hotel at a super Location near to the airport/cruise port, great service with many great amenities. Hope to see you soon Thank you for traveling

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Hollywood Boulevard? Share your experiences!