“What a fun place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Annapolis, Maryland
“What a fun place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

I stayed at the Seminole Hard Rock for my 21st Birthday... almost 5 years ago. I am new to tripadvisor but I still wanted to add a review even though its a rather old review. This place is a BLAST! The hotel itself is sooo trendy, modern, and fun. The staff is great and helpful. The rooms were very nice and the beds were the most comfortable hotels I have ever slept in, handsdown. My stepmom even called the hotel after visiting to find out where they order their bedding because we loved it that much. When deciding on a place for my 21st my dad suggested this hotel. I wanted a warm place but not all of my friends had passports and it was January. Us girls that went on this trip have traveled to a lot of places and we all agree still to this day that this trip was the BEST trip we have ever experienced. The food places are great, the pool is awesome, loved the hot tubs, club scene was sooo much fun, and it offered great shopping. There is not one thing I would change about this place. If you are going to gamble, party, and have blast... You must visit this place at least once!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
LisaArredondo, Guest Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for coming back to review us!! We appreciate your time and feedback!

984 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hard Rock for his birthday trip, which also included a Miami Dolphins football game. We loved the Hard Rock! Everything you might ever want to do, except the beach, is right there. We rented a car and drove about 30 minutes to South Beach, so we didn't miss the beach completely. Restaurants, casino, live music, shops -- it's all there. We had a spacious, comfortable room.

It is a large property, and it took about 2 days to figure out the layout of the casino. Thank goodness the property is well marked with signs directing you to the different areas. The hotel and restaurants were a bit pricey, but the drinks at the tables were cheap, though not free as in some casinos. We didn't win anything but still had a blast. Hope to go again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Key West, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Travelers, if you are like I am, when you travel to the unknown, you like to know SOMETHING of what you are getting yourself into...such as, what clothes to take, what amenities are available, what is within walking distance of where you are staying if you will be without a car, and the general 'lay of the land' so to speak. So, when I was preparing to travel to the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, I went searching on the Internet for a site that would give me any of this information. It seems this information was a well kept secret, though, because I found next to nothing and had to wing my way into this adventure..and an adventure it was..and will be for you as well if you so choose...but I will help you to be better prepared than I was.
As my husband and I first arrived at the hotel, we entered and were tossed into immediate sensory overload. The constant ( and I mean CONSTANT ) ringing and buzzing and beeping of the Casino slots, the throngs of people, the abundance of 'Hov-Around' type motorized wheel chairs, ( I THINK there was some sort of background white noise music ), and the most eclectic bunch of people Ive ever encoutered in one place. Elderly folks, locals, vacationers, professional gamblers, cruise 'stop over' guests, clubbers...a true ethnic plethora of humanity. ( Again, be mindful of the motorized wheelchairs..it seems there was no speed limit for them..) Add to that the thick fog of smoke hanging in the air and surrounding us that,although terribly uncomfortable, I was at least somewhat appeased with the knowledge that, altho I would be coughing and tearing -up most of the time, I would look great to others being it was like a constant 'silk screen' to hide any facial flaws that would normally be obvious....
We went to our room. ( There is security making sure you are a guest of the hotel prior to being allowed into the elevators. )
Our room was adequate. The decor had a little more 'leopard print' than I was used to, but it was a comfortable size with a lovely bathroom. Altho there was a coffee maker, there was no microwave or refrigerator. There was a wet bar that we were cautioned to be very careful with; the front desk person told us that if we would even jostle something inside it, we would find it on our bill. We never even opened the door...just in case.
I had read, on the one and only small review Id found prior to arriving, that the staff was impersonal and uncaring. I found the opposite to be true. Everyone we interacted with could not have been more pleasant. Actually, one night while I was juggling my cell phone, notebooks etc, a young maintenance man, changing garbage bags in a nearby can, stopped working and quietly went to the casino and carried back a nice leather chair that he offered to me. That did truly impress me. Especially since there are NO benches or seats in the lobby area, which means if you want to sit down, you must patronize one of the restaurants or bars. They 'Gotcha'.
I will reiterate, the place sits on a Seminole Indian Reservation so smoking is allowed. Everywhere. And it is thick. If you have ANY lung concerns, this is NOT the place for you. I feel so strongly about this warning, you will read it again further down...
Food:
First choice: Tequila Ranch
Service: Fantastic, professional, courteous.
Food: Dined there 4 times.
Excellent AUTHENTIC Mexican food..NOT 'chain' style. Prepared on premises ...Over the course of the 4 times dining there, we tried the Empanadas (light, flavourful, heaven in light dough ) Skirt steaks, Dirty Mexican Cocktail, Fajitas, and an appetizer sampler. Fast service. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Indoor seating was interesting with Mexican tiles with comfortable and private seating. Outdoor seaating avail. Unfortunately the night I sat outdoors there was an ANNOYING 'cheesy' show of some sort on the 'central stage' REALLY killing the 'whatever peace is afforded' atmosphere where one is still surrounded by a different loud dance beat from every nearby establishment coming at you from all sides. Weather was perfect..that helped...:) Outdoor bar avail as well with friendly bartender the night I was there. My waiter on my last night, EW, spent time with me and was interested in my writing. A native of this area, he was friendly, genuinely interested in MY comfort, Checked my food preparation, my comfort, fixed the tilt in my table, etc.., and he was also 'comforting' and, I will say, 'protective' as I sat alone amidst the sea of 'interesting' humanity..thanks EW...:)

Other restaurants:
Johnny Rockets, Hooters, Martorano's (...?), Then there is Hard Rock Cafe'...here we go......get the ashtrays...

Hard Rock Cafe: Always loved the concept...Except for HERE.
Wait and bartending staff: Friendly and helpful.
Food: Typical
Drinks: Typical
Atmosphere: SMOKEY. Loud-ish. Directly next to Casino. Non smoking section changed from one night to the other but it is - again - RIGHT NEXT TO CASINO and there is Plenty of smoke to go around there..NO getting away from it. (The Hotel/Casino is located on a Seminole Indian Reservation and smoking rights are well catered to...Gamblers seem to need their smokes...)
Folks, if you have ANY concerns for smoke due to health reasons..this is NOT the place for you..(or me..my eyes, throat burned, clothes and hair reeked. We had to put a towel under the door...) NO escaping from it...As for no escaping..there is literally NO escaping period.....We felt trapped minus a car, but walked down the street one day to find an abundance of Asian Massage Parlors, pawn shops ( or course..), and auto dealers...At least on a cruise ship vacation you stop and de-board at destinations..not here....In other words. 'They Got ya'. NO refrigerator, as mentioned, in rm. NO microwave. NO benches in 'lobby' ( IS there a lobby..?). You HAVE to eat their food, drink their drinks, and sit in the restaurants on site as a patron if you want to have a seat...and it is NOT cheap. Either you are a patron HERE or you dont eat or drink...We did lose weight...Speaking of weight.. I will address the fitness center further down in this review...

Tatu: Had Drinks there...'So so' service. Nice outdoor cozy / romantic bar..Deep red and black hues with candles on tables..Signature drinks. Sushi. Cool place. I had a lovely night there.

Night Life:

Security/Police: Stayed 7 nights and 8 days. As I observed from different venues nightly, I befriended a police officer or two as well as a couple of security guards. Friendly, eyes open and doing their jobs.... I questioned them if their ears ring when they go home at night due to the NOISE...Answer...no..but smoke bothers them..One male Police Officer stated that the atmosphere can be difficult on relationships while working there due to 'nature of attire' of patrons...etc.....

OK, Now, Im no prude..lets get that out of the way...but whoa.....Ladies, sorry to say (or maybe happy to say for some of you...hmmmm...) but the PM attire consists of stilettos and dresses shorter that my usual t-shirt....The first night observing I was in somewhat of a shocked state..then....the odd thing.....it becomes just what it is.....'everywhere' and nothing out of the ordinary..one is gradually desensitized to the overall effect and I found myself enjoying my shorts and flip flops while keeping the heels and dresses in the closet in our room...just too much work...ONE night I did have a 'date night' with my husband and I wore a lovely sleeveless black chiffon number with heels..HIGH neck, (a classic), and I began to realize that the 'looks' I received were not lecherous..but respectfully (sometimes) appreciative...I received 'different' types of looks than did the 'ladies' ( and I use that term loosely ) in their heels ' up to there', tops 'down to there', and skirts hiding the bare minimum...I sat and observed one night on a stool that was a treasure (provided by a nearby restaurant ) that night, outside the walkway to one of the swanky dance clubs....I seriously was only going to give a short but succinct review of the hotel and accommodations to the every day traveler..but..that night was so...interesting...that I decided to warn those planning a stop here of the seemingly mandatory dress code attire....sigh.....almost sad to see couples coming into the club and bar area, women unsuspecting, men wide eyed, to the mass of humanity oozing 'sex'.....I was exhausted after a few hours of experiencing this...There I sat....black shorts, flip flops, black long sleeved t shirt..and due to the fact I was sitting on a stool near a club, I had numerous requests for directions to certain clubs, poker tables and general information questions....what was amusing was that, being Id been here for almost a week at this point, I was adeptly able to direct them to their destination and answer every question confidently...nice...
Back to 'fashion'.....ANYTHING acceptable...I DO recommend 'fancy' attire for weekend nights if you want to feel somewhat comfortable in fitting into the crowd..but..truly? I cant imagine most people 'fitting into' THIS crowd with their unique dress code...Where is the self respect ladies? As mentioned..High neck sleeveless cocktail dress here, and I received respectful yet appreciative glances...I prefer that..but mostly? My incredibly handsome husband told me I looked 'stunning' ( a few times...:) so it didn't matter what anyone else thought..I'm just passing on what I feel may be helpful therapeutic information, Ladies...
All this said. bring your money, your dancing shoes ( preferably stilettos ), your money, your finery, your money, ( get the idea here? )and just enjoy it for what it is..It IS an experience and adventure if you decide to make it one....trust me.....one of a kind...but I suppose I'm happy to have experienced it...In an odd masocistic kind of way....

Pool area: Truly wanted to feel that 'tropical steel drum island give me a margarita and a palm tree' feel..but didnt get it..bummer...
Wait staff: Pleasant, friendly, but if you missed one round? Forget it. I advise you to go to Beach Club bar yourself and get your drink..bartenders are extremely accommodating and worth the walk. Water slide fun for all..my first...:) An abundance of lounge chairs, token palm trees, and a great volley ball court.

Fitness Ctr:

Equip: ( for the fitness nuts like my husband and me ) One word? GREAT. As another 'gym buddy' put it.."15 year old brand new equip..." As in...hardly used and well taken care of.

STAFF: Truly pleasant staff to greet you. Helpful and personal treatment.
Now, fitness/gym people.....You will 'GET' what Im going to tell you.....
You travel, for business or pleasure, and you NEED a fitness center. This is an excellent one Period. Excellent equipment for every muscle group as well as top notch cardio equipment. And we never waited for a machine. (!!) The gym was rarely occupied when we were there..... Fresh towels were provided, water, calm atmosphere (compared to the constant adrenaline rush oozing from the rest of hotel...) Clean, SMOKE FREE ( to an extent )..and truly a great 'travel gym'...So, bring your shorts and sneakers....:)

Id love to say there were many nearby attractions, but I cant. Nothing within walking distance, that is. There is some sort of Alligator show on Saturday Nights on the Hotel grounds, but we didn't attend that.

In closing, I must say Ive traveled enough to feel qualified to give an honest review of this establishment. Remember that I'm a traveler just like you and like to know what to expect when visiting a new place. I wish Id read this prior to OUR stay at the Seminole.
The most important last word to pass on to you is this: It is NOT our normal kind of place to vacation to. We will probably not return....but...I WILL say it was a truly memorable adventure...so...ENJOY! ( Because you are armed with information and ready. )
Respectfully submitted,

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

I just stayed at this hotel for a week as I had to go to an event taking place there. It is close to Fort Lauderdale Airport which is a big bonus as when you fly in you can avoid Miami downtown and airport. The first thing I noticed was how far away from the sea the place is - from the website I assumed it was pretty close to a beach.

When you arrive you really feel like you've come to a touristy casino. There are slot machines everywhere and hundreds of old vacationers. I went to what I assumed was the hotel reception and it was, thankfully. Check in was efficient and the staff were good. Loud announcements kept blocking out my conversation though with "$500 winners" announced every couple of minutes. The whole place stank like a casino too - stale smoke everywhere.

Security into the guest room part of the hotel was tight as I got the impression hotel guests are the minority of visitors at the venue. I didn't expect much of the hotel room after seeing reception but I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. The room I had - 1051 - was fantastic. I had been upgraded to a junior suite as the hotel was at 100% capacity. The bed was wonderfully comfortable. The bathroom was huge and toilettries were great. The towels smell like vinegar though and did every day - must be the detergent they use - not very nice. My room did at times smell like cigar smoke too for some reason - although it was non-smoking.

Housekeeping were great throughout the trip - very efficient and incredibly polite.

The gym is fantastic. I used it every day. It has all the machinery you could need and was quiet each time I went. The staff were very attentive too.

There are dozens of restaurants on site. I had breakfast at the Blue Plate a few times which was good. The Hard Rock Cafe itself is up to standard too.

Business facilities were pretty much non-existent. Apparently nowhere on-site had a fax machine. The conference I went to was good and the ballroom used did the job - but there was a constant stream of old Floridians and New Yorkers looking for free Macys card giveaways! Very strange.

The pool area outside looked good and the pool bar was useful.

My inital perceptions, having shown up for a business trip, weren't great. However, once I realized that this place isn't at all supposed to be a business location I warmed up to it all. After three days you get used to the omnipotent smell of stale tobacco too. The hotel staff were really nice too - especially when they realised you weren't a random casino-goer.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

We, my husband and another couple travelled to this hotel for a quick getaway during the Fort Lauderdale boat show at the end of October, 2010. There were so many places closer to the show that we could have stayed at but wanted to stay here because we had stayed at the Hard Rock in Orlando and LOVED it, go there, not here! We prepaid our rooms, two King Bed rooms as both our husbands are well over 6 ft tall and we just don't fit in Queens! When we arrived the Hard Rock sign was torn apart and there was construction everywhere making it difficult to ascertain where to enter. At the counter the gal that helped us out was perplexed when I corrected her that we had KING bed rooms. She meekly said, "just a minute" and disappeared for a good ten minutes. Only to come back with our confirmation papers and highlighted the area that indicates "special requests such as ski racks or roll away beds" may not be available on day of check in. Good thing I wasn't looking for a ski rack. I pointd out to her that we already paid for our King bed rooms and she blankly statet that they don't have any left. I requested the manager, out comes RAUL. So, I says to the guy," Raul, we already bought and paid for a room with a KING bed, its not a special request" He proceeded to tell me that they are on a first come first serve basis, that they are not reserved. Rude Raul refused to help us in any way. We were only there for a couple of short days, so we decided to grin and bear, albeit sleep in separate beds from our spouse...nice eh? The second night we were there we were looking for some entertainment, the concierge suggested the "Dueling Pianos" bar, which would be way cool...two pianists duelling it out, I've always heard that is supposed to be great! So, we cancelled our plans to head towards to the beach so that we could stay and enjoy our resort. We get to the duelling pianos bar, ladies in free, guys $10 each, whatever...that should have been our clue! We go in and there wasn't a soul over 21yrs and 11 months and the duelling pianos were all roped off in a dark section of the bar. I asked when they started, "oh, no not on tonight!" Great, we go to leave, literally, 2.5 mins after entering. The gals at the door refused our money back,,and understand this is all purely principle at this point. She points in to the bar and tells us to speak to the manager, we find a security guy, ask him if he is the manager, he says no and points us toward a fellow that certainly dressed the part, we asked him and he said no he was security..to go ask the other fellow (the one that was actually dressed like security.) Needless to say, we simply left, disgusted, dismayed and angry. The best part of the whole hotel was the gal that served the coffee in the coffee shop, perhaps RAUL should take a lesson or two from her. Until this resort learns how to hire people and puts processes in place to ensure that paying customers are looked after it is not worth your time. PLUS, its in the ghetto part of town, head down towards the pier off Los Olas....waaaaay better! I will never stay at another Hard Rock, ever!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Key West, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

I took my daughter to the Adam Lambert concert. We arrived at 2:45pm and were told our room was not ready yet. They told us to walk around and they would call us when it was ready. With our luggage in tow we wandered around for a while then went to sit at the pool. We met a lady who had arrived at 1:30 and her room was ready immediately. Check-in starts at 4pm (which is late). So at 5 minutes after 4 I went to check in and my room was finally ready. The concert started at 7pm and we had to eat something so this only gave us 30minutes at the fabulous pool. Checkout the next day is at 11am so there is little time to do anything in the AM either. For $176 a night I wish I could have enjoyed the facilities a little more. Keep in mind at 6pm the cleaning ladies were still cleaning? rooms. They were already there at 9 am when we went to breakfast. You know, even the Holiday Inn can have rooms ready by 1pm. Other than that we had a great time at the concert. The beds and linens were to die for. I might take my husband back for our Anniversary. It would be nice to play in the casino a little. Maybe I will request an early check-in. Knowing that hotel I bet you have to pay extra for that too.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We live locally but stayed for 3 nights last week and enjoyed our get away to relax and gamble.

Thank God the beds are so comfy because it rained our entire trip! However that's Florida in the summer. It is what it is here.

Our room was modern, very clean, and comfortable. With the turndown service and the Sunday morning paper delivery, you feel very pampered. I like the way they add the small touches to everything in your room to make them different than just any regular hotel. We checked out one of Pool view suites while we were there and NEXT trip we are "moving on up". We just had a standard room this trip. But it was a very nice room and maid service twice a day is refreshing when you go in and out to shop, dine or gamble.
Security is tight; you are safe as you can be staying in this hotel.

If you have a player’s card, parking is $12.00 a day (for 24 hours) no matter how much you come and go. Without the card it's $30.00 a day. Get a card!

No fridge to use in your room, it's one of those weighted mini bars like Vegas, there is a coffee bar (Constant Grind) by the North tower (across from The Blue Plate) for coffee, drinks and bakery style snacks.

If you call the front desk and request anything, you can be sure there will be someone at your door pronto.

Don't miss out on the Council Oak Brunch on Sunday. (Make a Reservation) They just added Sushi to an already unbelievably extensive array of dishes.

I just don't know why people say such negative things about the Hard Rock Cafe. We eat there several times a month and the service is always outstanding, the food is priced appropriately for what you get and the beer is ice cold. Our last server "April" was a pure delight. Try the Sockeye Salmon with Merlot Garlic butter it's just awesome.

The Blue Plate Diner is good as well, Servers are friendly and they all help each other so you never go without. Fantastic Comfort Food.

The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and helpful. Can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood? Share your experiences!