“The good and bad of Hard Rock” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Seminole Way, Hollywood, FL 33314   |
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cleveland
“The good and bad of Hard Rock”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2006

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Seminole Hard Rock Cafe. I can see why this hotel receives 1 star and 5 star ratings. If you plan on traveling to this resort with the intentions of gambling and being treated like a valued guest you will be VERY disappointed. The casino is awful, we didn't see a single person win the entire time we were there. The customer service is the worst that we have ever encountered and we have traveled a lot. The employees in the Food Court were the absolute worst. They were completely rude and annoyed by simple questions. We are very easy going people too so for us to complain is saying a lot. Some of the front desk employees need an attitude adjustment also.
That being said, the servers in the restaurants were all very nice. We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, at the BluePlate restaurant for breakfast, the Beach Grill and some restuarants outside in the Paradise and were very happy with the service, so it's just certain area's in the resort that are bad.
If you are looking for a place with nice rooms and comfortable beds, a great night-life and alcohol that does not stop pouring than you will love this place. The weekends are hopping and there was always something to do. We were never bored. The grounds are nice and the pool is relaxing and not too overcrowded.
If you are going for the right reasons than you will love this hotel, if gambling and customer service is the reason you are going than you will hate it.

• Stayed May 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Polish first
Greenacres,FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2006

We stayed at the Hard Rock last weekend. And let me start by saying we paid $360 a night for each room. We were going for a Bachelorette Party. We had reservations for Saturday for 2 rooms since there was 8 of us staying and 4 others meeting us there for the party. We arrived after 4pm closer to 4:30 to be told one of our rooms was not ready but should be ready within 45 mins-1 hour. We drove seperately but all of us seemed to arrive around the same time. We planned to go to dinner and tried to make reservations somewhere but was told we couldn't . All 12 of us piled into 1 room with 1 bathroom. Have you ever tired getting ready to go out in a room full of 12 women and 1 bathroom? We were told that we would get a call when the other room was ready and someone would bring up our keys. An hour and a half later we called downstairs to check on our room and was put on hold. The first person didn't know anything she put us on hold the second person didn't know. Finally the third person told us your room had been ready for at least 30 mins I'll send the keys up. Shorty after (20 mins) later they brought up the keys. The rooms were 4 doors apart. Half of us moved our stuff to the second room and set it down to continue to get ready. I took my shoes off to hop in the shower and the carpet was soaking wet. After waiting all that time they gave us a room with wet carpet. We called downstairs and requested a manager and was told somone would call us back in 10 minutes. 10 minutes later and no phone call we called back downstairs and they said they would move us. So we had to move to another room. Now to give the hotel some credit the rooms were very nice. Beds were comfortable. Showers were big. Those were the good things. But the service was terrible as well as the customer service. We bought tickets to the Male revue at one of the nightclubs. Our confirmation showed show started at 9pm and to come early. We get there at 8:50pm to be told we made a mistake and the show didn't start until 10. We rushed to eat to make it there on time to be told we are over an hour early and would have to come back. We ate at the sports resturant outside at Seminole Paradise. It was good the food and the service. So we went over to Jazziz to kill some time. We get a few tables outside but sit there for 15 minutes before we found the manager to find out why the waitress never came back to take our drink order. We went back to the male revue show and once we are taken upstairs to where the show is held we sit there for over an hour before the show starts the whole time listening to the DJ play techno music. The next morning we called for towels 32 minutes later I finally got some. The person who reserved the rooms on her credit cars goes to pay and requests to speak with a manger and was told there was not one there at that time. We called for someone to come and get our bags. The guy comes put everything then asks me to help him count them so he can give us a ticket. The parking is ridiculous. Why should you pay to park when your paying over $300 a night to stay there? Overall I had a very bad experience and to date management had not responded to my e-mailed complaint. Save your money. It's not worth it.

• Stayed April 2006
York, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2006

We just returned from the Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood FL. I would highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are awesome, the pool is the best around & the staff are all friendly. We stayed for three nights & didn't have one issue. The only negative thing is the cab fare from the Ft Lauderdale airport is pricey. The cost was $31.00 each way for a ten minute ride. I was told by two different people that work at the hotel that they are looking into starting a shuttle service, so this may be resolved shortly. This is a 5 star hotel!!!! Worth the money!

• Stayed April 2006
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2006

Nestled in the middle of no-where this large hotel casino complex is average at best for a vacation. We were there for a conference and found the "entertainment" limited - mainly casino so if you're not a gambler, not much to do. There were a few shops (can do in about 1/2 hour) limited restaurants (1 really high-end, the rest middle of the road and fast food!) Although the staff was excellent, the hotel processes were hugely inadequate. We arrived at 4:30 and were told our room would not be ready for at least 1 hour. Other guests in our party had to wait 6 hours for their room! We requested a King non-smoking and received a Queen double smoking (but they said they could move us the next day...we chose not to) The rooms were never cleaned before 4:30pm. The work-out facility was modern, clean and really nice to be in. The spa was world class - amazing massage by Tara. The pool doesn't open until sun up, which made a morning swim before meetings impossible. Too bad, the pool was beautiful. Beware, all restaurants and spa adds gratuity automatically, 15-20%!!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2006

Our 5 night stay with two teenagers during spring break was ideal. They enjoyed all the memorabilia, the free outdoor concerts(especially the "U2"band during the St.Patrick's Day festivities) and all the activity and glitz. The pool was beautiful and relaxing (no rap or heavy metal music and never loud), and security was top notch. We watched as 4 boisterous young men dove into the pool and were promptly and calmly escorted out by security, since they were not hotel guests. Naturally, there are plenty of casino guests who stroll out to view the pool grounds or eat at the pool restaurant, many of them elderly or retirees, but it never felt crowded. There are more than enough chairs, many with parasols for shade. The pool staff was friendly but never pushy. For added comfort and privacy, there are several "huts" with TVs and teak furniture available for rent.

The hotel is always bustling with activity and the frequently smokey casino is unavoidable, but since children aren't allowed in, we travelled along the perimiter to get to the outdoor restaurants,shops and bars adjacent to the Hard Rock. This is a pleasant place to enjoy free entertainment (or catch a show) admire Harley Davidsons on dislay, eat, drink, shop and people watch.

Our basic room (called deluxe accomodations)had very comfortable queen beds, terrific pillows, thermostatically controlled AC,and a great shower-head. Spare, modern furniture and decor featured Springsteen and Cheap Tick prints, and a great sound system. At check-in, keys come in a CD packet including a sampling of music which makes a nice souvenir. They also volunteered a small fridge which came in handy for beverages and snacks that would otherwise have added up to a tidy sum.

Parking was a problem one night only when we returned from Sawgrass Mills (10 minute drive) at about 10:15pm and found every space near the hotel taken by concertgoers. This small annoyance doesn't change our overall very positive assessment of this hotel.

Other observations:
-Sandy pool area is great for little kids, waterslide fun for everyone, waterfall sound soothing, but pool does not have a deep end. (About 4ft max.)
-A gratuity is not automatically included on items charged to room,thankfully, but the hotel does conveniently calculate the 15%, 18% and 20% tip you may choose to give.
-We took full advantage of the great weather, but the exercise facilities(free) and spa looked good.
-Although this is a big hotel, we did not feel overwhelmed by the level of activity or stimulation and do not agree that it feels like a mall (Atlantis in the Bahamas is more like that).
-Unfortunately, for those of us who can't get by without our computers even on holidays, internet access is not free here. Oh well.

Overall, a really good choice for the first leg of our trip (Naples was less than 1.5 hours away and just beautiful!). Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2006

Great atmosphere, with HORRIBLE SERVICE. Not much of a casino either. Spent most of our time there trying to find a waitress and to get a table to play cards. Drinks came long after meal was eaten at the Hard Rock Cafe. Forget about it at the pool; Sunburn came long before the waitress. Took over 2hrs. to get a drink and it was only 3/4 full, then the waitress with an attitude had the nerve to ask me if I needed change from my 20, as if I was going to give her a $17 tip after telling her I waited 2hrs. for this drink. Another 45 minutes later, I did get my change. And, of course there was no tip. Takes anywhere from 1hr. to 3hrs. to get a poker table and the buzzers don't always work. When I was finally called for the omaha table, they had changed it to a Hold em table without telling me. Needless to say I was not happy.
Saturday night, it was impossible to find a waitres- saw 1 all night and she was always at the poker area, which of course, you couldn't get a table. Finally after asking several people, who told us to find a waitress to help us with what we needed, we asked a bartender, who was very helpful. I complained to an Indian gentleman, who was very apologetic and nice,but he referred me to management, who quite honestly, didn't seem to care very much. After having to wait so long at the pool for a drink I decided to go into the bar, which was not very busy. I sat at a stool and wiated and waited as they looked right at me and walked by several times, finally the people next to me asked if I was waiting for a dink too. I told them that I was and that for 3 days I haven't been able to get good service here, Felt like I was invisible. They laughed but it really wasn't funny. I have never complained about anyplace before, but my stay here was so aggravating. This long weekend was part business part pleasure and I was mostly looking forward to the pleasure part. The best time all weekend was when we were off the premises for business purposes. Would not recommed to anyone, nor would I ever go back. The place should be ashamed of itself.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2006

I Was really looking forward to spending some time gambling @ the Hard Rock as I enjoy the Vegas property. I almost booked a room there and thank God I did'nt!!! It is no more than a glorified slot hall with some low limit poker thrown in!!! NO TABLE GAMES WHATSOEVER no blackjack no craps no roulette NO FUN !!!!!!! The place was dead mostly young kids getting drunk. I heard some the clubs were good but they were dead on the Sunday night I stopped in Everything was closing down @ 11:30. Th whole place came off as a giant mall.

STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!

Been to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood? Share your experiences!