I just returned from my first visit to the Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood and it was great. The Seminole tribe has various casinos around south Florida, but this location (and another location in Tampa) have the Hard Rock label. I had visited the Tampa location about a day after it opened under the Hard Rock label and was rather unimpressed; however, that was almost 3 years ago so I'm sure it's gotten alot better.
Since that time, they've pulled in many more slot and video poker machines that are games you're familiar with vs. being "generic." Beware that due to the rules and regulations around here, it won't be like gambling in Vegas. The gaming machines are video versions only, and although they do pay, you need to be very careful when checking the paytables and number of credits per spin. You'll see plenty of 5, 10, and 25 cent machines, but the credit mulitpliers vary on each one, and you can wind up spending alot more money than you think you are. For example, I saw a 25 cent machine where you actually played 90 quarters if you bet maximum coins (like I always do, particularly on the multiline machines). As long as you can familiarize yourself with this and pay close attention to how much you're betting per spin, you should be OK. The cheapest game I found there was a nickel machine, and you were only spending about $2.50 if you played maximum coins.
Also, many have commented on the bingo game that's incorporated into the machines and how it makes them tight. In reality, the bingo game does not cost any extra money and does not affect the outcome of winning or losing a jackpot - it's just an added feature that's unique to the Indian casinos here. You must touch the bingo card that appears on the screen to activate it before placing your bet and hitting the "Daub" (spin) button. The bingo game won't make you lose, but it's like hitting a separate jackpot if you win.
Be aware that there is only poker for the table games, no craps or blackjack, and there are a few different versions of the poker games, but all have rules that you won't find in a Vegas style casino. Once again, everything's been tailored to the rules and regulations of the tribes.
The pizza shop in the food court was fantastic, as were the shops, restaurants and bars in Seminole Paradise.
I had an excellent trip and hit a $700 jackpot right before leaving thanks to a single bonus round on one of the Monopoly machines-I guess I got lucky, seeing as how I had blown about $150 in the 4 hours I was there.
The Hard Rock Hollywood is definitely worth checking out. I'd visit this location, as well as the Tampa location, before the other Indian casinos in the area (they seem very generic in comparison to the Hard Rock locations).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mission "Love All, Serve All" Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino invites you to PLAYHARD! Play, stay, dine, and shop at South Florida’s ultimate entertainment destination. Eighty-nine tables offer Blackjack, Baccarat, Mini-Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Texas Hold’em Bonus Poker and Let it Ride on a nearly three-acre casino floor. Play one of the more than 2,500 slots including the Native-American Casino linked Multi-Area Progressive Jackpots and Mega Jackpots. Separate high-limit rooms for table games and slots, in addition to a non-smoking room are available for guests to enjoy. Loyal Player’s Club members may enjoy an exclusive VIP Plum Lounge and VIP Chef’s Table show kitchen. Convene in The Poker Room at Seminole Paradise for Texas Hold ‘em, limit Texas Hold ’em, Seven Card Stud and two dollar and four dollar limit Omaha Hi Lo games. Located inside the casino is Hard Rock Cafe -Hollywood, part of Hard Rock’s 130 globally recognized rock ‘n roll themed restaurants. The Green Lodging Certified by the State of Florida, AAA, Four Diamond rated resort showcases 500 luxurious guest rooms, 18 restaurants and lounges, 40,000-square-feet of meeting room space, a European-style spa, auto salon, 25 boutique shops, 12 nightclubs, Paradise Live, and Hard Rock Live, a 5,500- seat concert arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel And Casino Hollywood
- Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood
- The Hard Rock Hotel Casino Hollywood
- Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood Fl