“Nice Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
“Nice Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We decided to take them up on the chance to stay on a complimentary stay. I must say I stayed here close to 5 years ago before making a final move to Miami and I enjoyed myself then and I enjoyed myself now. Great time and accommodations (with the exception of the valet issue being a bit confusing - $15 a night for hotel guest?!). The rooms and the amenities are great. Front desk staff friendly and they have great security. They could use a bit more good entertainment but other than that kudos.

I will definitely be going back for another quick romantic getaway close to home. Good job Hard Rock.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LisaArredondo, Guest Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your visit and value your time and comments. We hope to have you back again for more Rockin' fun in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Excellent place to get various entertainments such as gambling experience, enjoy the pool, have good food at various restaurants. If you are careful with your wallet, Hard Rock is a good place to spend a weekend in town.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Thank you for your online review. We appreciate your feedback. Keep Rockin' and we hope to have you back soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Reservations for two, well..only one bathrobe...called room service and not one bother...order room service and waiting for almost 2 hours. The front desk supervisor told me at 6 am that there were not rooms available. Well, another guest was able to get a room a few minutes after I was told no rooms or extensions. Extremely rude and a "CAN NOT DO"
ATTITUED ALL AROUND. WHAT A SHAME.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

LisaArredondo, Guest Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your most recent visit. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and value your feedback. We hope that you will try us again in the future.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for three days as a jumping off point to the Caribbean. I selected the property for the shopping and the waterslide. The hotel is clean and well kept, staff was great. The pool area was very nice and the waterslide was fun for the kids.

The shopping and restaurants that are attached to the hotel appear to be struggling. Several of the restaurants are out of business, which limited our dining options if we wanted to be outside the casino. In addition, several of the shops were also out of business. Not being a gambler, I thought I could pass time shopping at the outdoor mall they have. It took us all but an hour to go through all of it as it is small, and again - several places out of business.

The location limited our ability to go walk and find places to eat outside the Hardrock - unless you plan to drive, you'll be spending all of your time here. I didn't find the dining options in the casino too appealing - a steak house, asian place and a regular diner.

It was fine for our needs, and my husband loved it as they have guitars you can check out during your stay which he loved as he doesn't travel with his guitar. One thing that did bother me was that before you can go up in the elevator to your room, you have to show the employee at the entrance your room key and he will swipe it. I don't know why they feel the need to monitor who goes up the elevator, just found it annoying that I had to wait to let the guy make sure I was OK to go.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and time. We appreciate you letting us know about your recent experience while visiting The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino - Hollywood, FL.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is the best place to stay in Florida! It has great entertainment, excellent choices and quality of food and drinks, lots of gaming action, great music, special events and friendly and helpful employees. It is convenient to all major roadways, near the beach and the cruise ship port and has a pool to die for! The spa is excellent and so is the shopping. You will love it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate and value the time taken to share your experience with us and hope to have you back for more rockin' good times in the future.
Cutler Ridge, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very clean, beautiful hotel and excellent atmosphere! Variety of restaurants and a beautiful pool. In addition, a lot of stores available within the hotel. Love the happy atmosphere at all times and the friendliness of the staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We value your comments and time and hope to see you again soon. Rock On!
Somerville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Getting to the Hard Rock was very easy. Me and my wife arrived very excited and lived everything about it when we walked in from the parking garage. We had a weeks stay ahead of us. However, when we were checking in we were informed that we had an additional 700 dollars to pay as an authorization - 100 dollar hold for damages for each night. I wouldn't have bad much of a problem with this except for that when I booked the room, I asked if there were any charges like this along with tax and the room rate. I was assured there wasn't. I guess they lied to me. I don't have a credit card with a high enough limit to keep 700 dollars tied up along with a 6 or 7 night stay. They ended up working something out.

The suite we stayed in was nice but it didn't have a kitchen or any kitchen amenities, like a fridge, that I thought it had. It had a mini fridge that was locked and wired to charge you as soon as you remove something, but I obviously couldn't use it for my own things.

Housekeeping wasn't very good. I heard they weren't the best anymore and I can confirm that. They missed our room one day and when I called the front desk and told them about it, while also asking for more towels, they didn't seem to care. I had to call twice for the towels and they finally arrived a while later. I got a call confirming the delivery of the towels and then a second delivery showed up a half an hour later while I was in the shower and the wife was changing. The guy just knocked and then let himself in after neither of us answered the door. That was a little frustrating.

Our wifi didn't work very well and I spent some time on the phone with IT who told me there was nothing they could do. They said the signal was weak on my floor. I don't think a hotel should advertise that they have wifi for all of their guests if only certain floors can use it. Also, it's too easy to add some signal repeaters or another access point to the network.

The pool for some reason closed at about 7 every night so I never got to go in it. That was a bummer. I don't know why it closed so early.

Aside from the room not being what I expected for the price, not being as clean as I had hoped, house keeping being terrible and no wifi, the hotel was a cool place. The casino was cool, although it was no Atlantic city casino. The wife and I had a great time. There were plenty of places to eat and things to do. We had a rental car so we spent most days at the beach, though we went up to delray beach.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

LisaArredondo, Guest Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your visit and value your feedback. We hope that you will try us again in the future. Rock On!

Been to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood? Share your experiences!