“Second trip to HR” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Georgia
“Second trip to HR”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Was very excited to take this trip to Hard Rock for a second visit. My husband and son were playing in a baseball tournament in West Palm Beach but the distance between games and hotel was not to bad. Last minute decided to take my daughter and her 3 month old son, knew she would love the place and her best friend had just moved to Florida and would be able to visit every day.

I made reservations approximately 2 months in advance and asked for a balcony room since I smoke and would not be smoking in the room with the baby. However upon arrival they did not have any available but had me wait 2 hours thinking one was coming available (not to happen that day) but was moved the next day. Was in room 321 great room with the balcony and perfect view of the pool and sunset. Had some problems with ants but that was taken care of immediately. I had heard they remodeled all the rooms since my last visit a year ago but both rooms I had were NOT. Was going to order a crib for the baby but that was $30 a night so he slept fine with his mom, also to rent a roll away bed would have also been $30 not paying that either.....

TV entertainment was horrible and the mini bar is just a plain joke so over priced that I was afraid to open the door. Worst of all was $7.00 for a warm bottle of water. Great coffee maker (but bring your own water)

Very nice pool area but did not seem as clean as last year, saw one cocktail waitress the entire week visit at the pool and could never get her attention, however the bar/food area at the pool was excellent, nice servers and a pretty good value.

Pretty busy casino most blackjack tables were completely full first couple of days I should have just paid for the water the slots were not paying off anything, however I got lucky the last night on the $1 WOF game and won quite a bit.

Played poker 2 nights dealers very nice but some crazy fools at my table did not stay to long.

Ate at a few of the restaurants but nothing to write home about.

Valet parking is so overpriced and also wished they had service to and from airport $30.00 taxi ride to get my daughter back to the airport (she had to leave a few days earlier than the rest of us and my husband had the car at the baseball game.

Had a great room service delivery her name was Rose Marie just loved her...

All and all trip was nice hopefully next time I will get a updated room.

Room Tip: Try and get a balcony room great view of pool and sunset......... My next visit may request a su...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
LisaArredondo, Guest Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

977 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Polish first
Cumberland, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The pool area is the only thing going for this hotel! I am actually there now and I can say the service for this type of hotel is appalling. When we first arrived, they had our nightly rates wrong, unfortunately I did not have my confirmation with me so we compromised on meeting in the middle. They didn't tell you ahead that a pool view room was extra each night. Also I had asked several times when I called to make the reservations if parking was included which they assured it was. Sure if you park your own car. Valet costs you $15 a night. Valet means they park your car, you tip them, not park the car and they charge you!
We were on the sixth floor and it took twenty minutes for the water to heat up. Also, the Keurig ( nice feature) just stopped. When I called the front desk for housekeeping to bring up a new one I was told they had to come in and see if I was using it correctly! This at 7:00.AM, I had to call back the manager to complain again, not a very pleasant manage, was told they would just drop one off, no they had to come in, take it out and then wait to make sure the exchanged work!
They really need to retrain their staff for customer satisfaction in a polite way. As I said the pool area is beautiful but don't know if it is really worth all the other aggravation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LisaArredondo, Guest Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your visit. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and are hopeful that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.
westlake, ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My entire experience at this hotel was terrible. When I walked into the hotel I waited 10 minutes in line to get checked in. There was no line at the time. The staff was cleaning. Finally I got irritated and moved to the VIP line and received help. I was dropped off to the hotel at 9am because I had come off of a cruise. When I made my reservations over the phone the woman said they would be able to accommodate the situation. When I got to the front desk they said check in was 4 o clock and they would try to get me in at 1. The man at the desk said in the mean time I could drop off my bags and use the pool. The staff was able to get me into a room at around 1 which I was thankful. When I got back in line to check in the man asked me how many room keys I would like. I said 3 cards. He proceeds to hand me two keys and schewed me away by asking the next guest in line to come to the desk. He did not tell me what direction my room was or check out time. When we got to the room it was beautiful. We got changed to go to the pool and when we got there the guy signing out the towels said the pool closes at 6pm. Six pm is extremely early for a pool! I didn't understand why we couldn't use it at night. The pool was nice but it was very shallow the whole pool was only 3 foot 3 and there were multiple small round pools which I thought were jacuzzis but really were only 3 foot small pools. Not sure why there weren't more jacuzzis. The next morning we got up and went to get coffee. We waited almost 15 minutes for our coffee and there were not very many people in line. When we got our coffee it was only warm. We didnt bother getting back in line for them to fix it because we didnt want to wait another 15 minutes for another coffee to be made. When we went back to our rooms to pack up around 10 am house keeping rang on the door 3 times. They wanted to know if they could come and clean the room for check out. Check out was not till 11 and it was 10 at the time that they came to clean. I felt very rushed and forced to leave. Over all I felt that due to my age and to the fact that I was not wearing designer clothing and 5 inch heels that I was not treated well. This hotel is not cheap. I paid good money for this hotel and was treated like dirt. Me and my husband may be young but we both have great jobs and are successful. We should not be treated differently because of the way we look. Overall a complete disappointment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your visit. We hope that in the future you will give us another opportunity to serve you and show you the true level of service we insist upon.
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

One overnight on business. Wonderful staff, great security, many amenities in room: multiple connections for electronic gear and USB charging, iPhone connection. Two sinks, nice bedding, rock memorabilia of course. All meals provided were quite good with an attentive wait staff. We had a private dinner in the Chef's Table and that was incredible! Top of the line preparation with an imaginative 4 course menu. Way too much food. Excellent staff, of course!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the Rockin' Review! We appreciate your feedback and continued business. We hope to have you back again soon. Keep Rockin'
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Had a great few days at the hotel, lots to do, fun atmosphere all around. Had lots to choose from when eating, drinking or playing. Only negative comment is that it still stinks, pun intended, that people can smoke where you are trying to eat. Rude. Hope to have at least smoke free eating areas soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed for the third time in this wonderful Hotel last Year. The Rooms are perfect and it´s one of the best Hard Rock Hotels what i visit in my live. The Hotel Area is a wonderful terrain and when you want you can try your happiness in the Casino

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for the Rockin' Review! Hope to see you back very soon! Keep Rockin'!
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

For all you families out there considering this hotel, don't worry, between the pool, concerts at night on the weekends, shops and decent restuarants, you will find this hotel to be kid friendly enough to compensate for the overall "adult" element. This adult element includes some of the seedy people who come to the casino (don't worry, there is LOTS of security everywhere), the horrible surrounding area (adult shops, massage parlors...) and the fact that everyone smokes.

As I just mentioned this hotel is a smokers paradise. Just stay away from the heart of the casino and you and your kids will not be knocked down by this second hand smoke. Also if you spend more time in the North tower and the pool, you should be able to get the needed fresh air for your lungs.

Get a non-smoking room with two queens. This room is more than big enough for 4. Plus the sinks and the tiolet/shower are separated by a door. If you can, get a room that faces the AMAZING pool.

The pool, the pool grounds and the pool slide are AMAZING!!!! Add to that decent food and you have a recipie for lots of kid friendly fun. There is zero entry at the pool for the smaller kids. But remember to bring your floating toys (rafts/balls....). On the other hand, the mixed drinks are way too expensive and include measured shots of alcohol. Save your cash and get a bucket of beer (5 beers for $20).

A perfect recipe for a relaxing family vacation day includes: breakfast at the coffee grind (bagels and coffe special for $6); laying out all day at the pool (there's a beach) and eating lunch; then dinner at the outside shopping area where your kids would enjoy Chinease (Asian), Tex Mex, Burgers, Ice Cream... and other food.

To conclude, you never have to leave this property since it offers everything you need for good family fun.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
LisaArredondo, Guest Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your family visit to the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, FL with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you back again in the future.

Been to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood? Share your experiences!