“The "Old" Florida experience 1957” 4 of 5 stars

The Diane Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1300 N. Broadwalk, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #54 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Florida
“The "Old" Florida experience 1957”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

The Diane Motel is the ONLY hotel so close to the the Hollywood Broadwalk. that you can see the action easily. We were up in time to see the sun rising and sipping coffee on the patio. There is only so much that can be upgraded on a Motel built in the 50's, but I think they have done a pretty decent job, if you don't mind some of the crumbling
stucco and such.

Just a block from the outdoor theatre with free music on Friday/Saturday night. Ethnic restaurants so close you can even order, and pick up without driving, if you wish to eat on the patio. We happen to love the idea of parking our car and not getting into it again until it is time to go home. Just a block away westward is a really fantastic restaurant on the Intercoastal. (again a short walk away).

The place was clean with a new leather couch and 1950's decor.
Featuring a small kitchenette, refrigerator, & sink and a small non-glamourous bathroom. Table, two double beds and a "pull-out" for a single extra. The beds were
a bit hard, but spotlessly clean.
You can walk out your door and people watch from early morning until evening. The sandy beach is directly in front of this hotel. We stayed for 2 nights and were comfy.
This is NOT a 5-star hotel. I think we paid $120.00 a night. You get your room and
then don't need to have contact with the business again until you leave.

So, if you just like to hang-out and don't care about concierge and fou fou decor, pools,
long halls and parking in a garage, this is a nice get away. We have stayed at the Diane multiple times and we love it . . . much like Key West.... for the local fun of TRUE FLORIDA... kind of funky.

AND. . . if you have kids it would be perfect.. . . beach just outside the door and children's playgrounds a short walk away. Stroll with the babies up and down the Broadwalk and eat ice cream.

Enjoy! We did . . . just bring your bathing suit and flip flops....plan on hearing Spanish and French, and some German, as well as English, in this multi-cultural area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

To begin we were overcharged whem we got there for parking and other ammenities. We were locked out of our room for one hour because they keys did not work they gave us the WRONG keys!!!!! If the maintanance guy didnt happen to show up unexpectedly we would have slept outside (which problably would have been much better) When we went in the morning to tell the Owner the inconvenience we had with the keys she stated " why do you come here with all the DRAMA, You were only locked out for one hour what do you want your hourly rate back for that one hour you want $10.00???? She was just flat out obnoxious, she had no customer service skills what so ever!!!!! To sum it up in one sentence. I will never stay there again even if it was free the bed appeared to have bed bugs the pillows had blood stains, the roof was full of dust balls, the kitchen was falling apart and the furniture was ancient!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
saguenay quebec
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

Went there for a week with my spouse and were very disappointed with the place. These people are very rude, no smile ever. Also very old furniture, hard bed (just like rock - incredible) and the place has a smell that is disguise with a spray perfume (very anoying). The whole furniture must be dated from the year 1960. Don't try to sit confortably to read a book or a new paper, they are very old hard leather chairs and you can even sit on them you just slip on them.. The outside corridors are very dirty.

They charge you for parking, and they can charge you with a $10.00 fine if you don't wash your dishes before you leave (just read the hand written poster on the wall). Also there is a maid that comes in every morning to give you extras towels and toilet paper and it is hand written again on the wall that you may leave a tip to the maid (as though we never travel in our life before, no need to mention, we know good manners) . As for security at night, no one's there, it is again hand written on the wall in your room to please call HOLLYWOOD police if any trouble. The staff comes in around 9h00 am.
The worst part is the cancellation fees because no need to tell you we did not stay the whole week. We decided to leave and ask the owner if we could make arrangements to pay her a couple of days for us leaving earlier, but she refused even if there were VACANCY at her hotel at the moment . We left anyway and lost over $1000. but we had our lesson for the years that we will return to Hollywood beach. Next time we know were to stay in beautifull Hollywood beach. LOOK around they are plenty of other hotels on the broadwalk and specially in the street just behind this hotel. You have a mile long of hotels and apartments with free internet and WI-FI.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Park Ridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

My husband and I went to Hollywood, Florida for a lesiure vacation and spent 5 nights at the Diane Motel. After reading some of the reviews of others, I took a chance and thought I would find out for myself what this place was all about. I could honestly say I had a wonderful time. The place is very clean, you could eat off the floors. The location was worth every dollar. The staff was so graceful and helpful it made my vacation even better. I truly recommend this fun, loving, family oriented motel to anyone. Being directly on the ocean made me feel as if I was on a cruise on land. I had the best time at this motel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
LAS VEGAS, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

My husband and myself spent 5 nights over Christmas. The housekeeping and office staff are very friendly and helpful. Since our daughters and young grandsons(who live in the area)visited during the day a few days, the room was great to use as a base for beach activities. You literally walk out your door to chairs and lounges on the "Broadwalk". You are 10 feet from the edge of the sand. There is no pool or "high end" amenities, but the kitchenette is sufficient and food is very close. If you came for beach activities, watching the sunrise from your doorway, or the unique atmosphere of the Hollywood Broadwalk(not boardwalk), and not luxury, I highly recommend this location

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

My husband and I have gone to the Diane 3 of our 5 anniversaries and have really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is old and needs some serious updating, needs drapes and seriously needs to relocate the bed and TV in a more strategic location in the room. Lastly, the phone needs to be fixed. lol - however, all in all, the staff have been more than friendly and extremely helpful with anything that we needed or asked for - even technical assistance. The first time they let me in early to decorate the room for a surprise for my husband and and each time after we've never seen them without a smile. the location is prime and love that we can walk just a few feet to the ocean and watch the sun rise after a nice jog and a couple of mamosas. :) Thank you for another great weekend.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

I love the Diane Motel!! The rooms are very nice, particularly for the price, and I have found the service and stafff to be very nice and helpful. If you want to stay on the beach, and if you want to hang out on the balcony and have a drink, and if you like to watch people and the world go by, this is your place. It is the single greatest beach location I have ever stayed at, and I have been staying at the beach in Florida for over 30 years. I am now staying there three times a year and can't wait for my next trip to the Diane.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo

Been to The Diane Motel? Share your experiences!