“It's a shame, really” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Gainesville, GA
“It's a shame, really”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

It's really a shame, with all of the hurricanes in Florida, this place gets spared. I actually laugh when I read the positive reviews of this place. In my travels, I have easily spent 5000 nights in 4000 different hotels across the world and this one has the distinct honor of being the worst of the worst. Hidden charges, rooms that look like they were used on "The Honeymooners" and have not been updated since. I am guessing that is where the positive ratings comefrom; either shills or people who are stuck in the 50's and like sheets stuck together.
The location is great, so all we can do is pray for a hurricane.

Room Tip: Just avoid this place. I would contact the folks writing positive reviews to validate their stay.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Corvallis, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

Great location with good view of ocean and people on Broadwalk promenade. But towels are small white crackers. No drinking glases in room and cable service was cut off to TV. WiFi password wasn't offered and their service truck was in my assigned parking slot. The staff was surly and unpleasant. However second floor outdoor veranda seating on the ocean side made for a better time of it.

• Stayed March 2012
Pembroke Pines, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

we went for a family vacation and when we went to use the bathroom there was cockroaches the beds and the sheets are nasty i felt like i had bugs crawling on me that night not to mention that there was poop stains on the sheets the lady in the reception office Alicia is nasty and rude the tv does not have any good channels the refrigerator broke and spoiled my food in the middle of the day i decided to take a nap only to wake up to two maids sitting on the bed next to me having a conversation i get home to receive a phone call that they found cocaine in my room so i went back and took the cops they thought they were gonna stop me from reporting their nastiness to inspectors and the better business baereu horrible exp ever will never go back to that place

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011 via mobile

rude management. misleading pictures of the room on the Internet. Dirty. Shower didn't have any water pressure. Had to move my car 3 times because of their parking issues. Only stayed 1 out of the 3 nights we paid for it was so nasty and uncomfortable. We live locally and wanted to stay on the beach for the 4th of July. Expensive lesson to learn. If Mgt is unwilling to show you a room before you book... Run!!!

• Stayed July 2011
Coral Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Our family wanted to spend my wife's b-day on the beach. So, as we have done before, we wanted to stay at Diane's. Reservations along with our credit were used, we thought, made on May 8, 2011(Mother's Day). Earlier this week, my wife called to confirm. She was told that no one by our last name was on their list for Memorial weekend. To say the least, we were very disappointed. The way Diane's management works, as we found out, is very backward. No computors, incompetent staff and worst of all a business that dosen't care whether you use them or not. We will never frequent this motel or recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Niceville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

Hotel Diane was nothing but comfort, friendly and Safe.... The rooms are newly remodeled with kitchen set-ups, coffee makers, ice cube makers..microvave, cable and all the comforts of home.

Best View on the Beach for Early Sunrises and Watching all the Action on Broadwalk.
It is the Center of Hollywood Beach. Staff was Fabulous, maid service excellent/Rooms were super clean.
Coming back... and this time it will be a week. ☼ Feels like good ole' Florida.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

I havent been back since 2003due to health but when i can travel this is the first place i will be going.Very friendly people makes me remember of times when my parent took me to florida. Also great view of sunsets from room good location not alot of noise around.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Diane's Motel? Share your experiences!