“Ehhh.” 2 of 5 stars

Hollywood Beach Golf Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1650 Johnson Street, Hollywood, FL 33020   |
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2006

The room was very clean, but smelled awful. The bathroom water never got hot, so we didn't shower for 3 days, the front desk lady said to run it for a while, I did and it didn't get warm. On the website it offers rooms overlooking the pool. They actually overlook the parking lot, on the other side of the lot, is a nice fenced in pool that is not visible from the room. They also said we could rent bikes, which they were "not available because of the tires"....the golf course is very pretty, and we enjoyed that. Cannot comment on the restaurant, it smelled so bad I couldn't give it a shot. All in all, room was very clean, but I wouldn't go back. The downtown is a close 5 minute walk & it's great. The beach was beautiful (5 minute drive from that Hotel).

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — It had an awful smell
  • Tips/Secrets — If your not sensative to malodor the place is okay.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2004

I'll admit I was worried after reading all of the bad reviews, but when I got there I was pleasantly surprised. I could tell thet the place was old immediately upon arrival, but was impressed with the renovations. Upon check-in I was asked for a $10.00 per day deposit, however I did not have the same card I booked the trip with but cash was accepted with no delay and was promptly returned upon check-out. I was in a timeshare, so my room was not serviced everyday, but to my surprise it was fully serviced on wednesday. Other timeshares I have participated in had no maid services at all. I had a beach front 1 bedroom suite, the only problem being the windows. The downstairs area and Oceanwalk Mall were run down and in need of repair, but after speaking to some locals, the city's economy is also down a bit being in proximity to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. O'Malleys was awesome. SAY HI TO EDDIE if you go. Great Bartender. In closing I would go baack to this resort and probably WILL again next year.