“Quiet hotel in town” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Okeechobee, Florida
“Quiet hotel in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was my 3rd time staying here.Rooms are large and clean and were well stocked with towels.As I was working long hours,did not get to see much staff.I liked that the hotel is hidden in A golf course and privided A quiet place to sleep each night.Took advantage of the reduced rates for Florida residents.

Room Tip: On previous stays I was in the upstairs suies which are updated more.I did not specify what room I w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Had to attend to some business in Hollywood Florida. Looking for reasonable price close to my clients business activity at expensive beachfront Had seen some previous mixed reviews on trip advisor.
SURPRISE - rooms not latest in fashion but large, comfortable and very clean (important). Staff friendly and helpful

Adjacent restaurant called Rudy's was excellent. Great food at reasonable prices with a caring attitude that made you feel part of the neighborhood gathering. Joel & Stacy the new proprietors were great hosts and Brandon the young bartender makes a great "stinger" amongst other things

Paul H - Toronto

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Perthshire.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

February 2013 we spent 7 nights at Hollywood Beach and Golf Resort. Great course to play. No rough , which suits our standard of golf. Very flat,not unusual for Florida.One or two water hazards.Staff were all extremely pleasant. Restaurant very under used by golfers,which is a shame as food is excellent.Rooms well clean and comfortable. Good value if you take the golf package. We will certainly return.

Room Tip: Ground floor,facing 17th hole on the course are the rooms to choose.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rockaway Park,New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

After a devastating experience of Hurricane Sandy and not having heat and hot water for two months and lighting by candle light and generators and flashlights sure made our tranquil stay at the Hollywood Beach and Golf Resort just what the doctor would order! The lovely Golf Side Suite with a lovely terrace where the grebes and ducks parade before you in the foreground while carts breeze by with their "athletic and hacker" occupants in the background,certainly made a remarkable scene setting change for us after the horror scene we had been accustomed to for the last few months!
Peace and quiet were top notch during our stay! Surprisingly not many occupants took advantage of the pool area but I'm sure the Golf took priority as it would in my own case had I not been recovering from my fourth knee replacement last October just before Sandy paid us a visit! Now there (Sandy) is one UNWELCOME guest! My wife claims it to be the best vacation she has ever had and really turned out to be like a second honeymoon and at our ages that is saying something! The deck outback of the restaurant has another lovely view as well as an excellent menu and compliments to the chef! Early birds before 10 a.m. would most likely be satisfied with a convenient Continental Breakfast! We are looking forward to returning for another vacation and hopefully I'll get a somewhat golf game together by then(new knee--like starting all over) and my wife can enjoy sunshine and swimming by the pool and maybe even be able to face the ocean by then.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I needed a last minute room for family coming into town. I play golf here regularly so I am familiar with the venue but not the rooms. After calling many other of what I consider similar motels, I gave it a shot to call this one. First, The room we had was spacious with 2 queen beds, flat screen tv, a small refrigerator, 1 table, 2 chairs and plenty of closet space. The room was very clean and the bathroom was separate from the wash sink. Second, they happen to have the best rate of everyone I called. Best of all, they have a bar/restaurant right on premises and it is one of the best kept public golf courses in all of s. fla. Great rates, good staff and nice rooms. what else can you ask for?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Saugus, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

stay 2nights +3days golf was best part of stay course was awesome but the slowest play ihave ever seen u r in for 5 hr.round on some days.the breakfeast was terrible butlunch+dinner good staff was not that helpful had to ask for everthing stayed for the football game and played 4 rounds of golf had aball will go back again now that i know the area .

Room Tip: golf course rooms are good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Nilda C, Front Office Manager at Hollywood Beach Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for notifying us of your experience during your most recent stay with us.

We at Hollywood Beach Golf Resort strive to meet and exceed your expectations and appreciate your feedback and will use your comments to improve.

We are sorry for any inconvenience or frustration that you experienced during your stay. Please know your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you in the future.
Enfield, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Booked hotel for a few days before cruise. Once checked in there was confussion as to whether or not golf was included in package. While trying to clarify the issue I was dismissed and ignored for a personal phone call that lasted for more then 10 minutes. I cleared up golf aspect of trip with the people in the club house who were more than helpful. Thank you Paul. Later that evening around 3 a.m. woke up to the sounds of fighting in the parking lot followed by a profanity filled tirad that last approx. an hour till police showed up. On day of check out I was golfing and needed extra time to finish my round.I asked for an extra hour seeing all of the problems that had happened and was told no check out is 11:00 I have to leave. If you have the oppurtunity to golf and have lunch or dinner there I highly recommend.Joel and the staff in the restaurant are great. As far as hotels go stay far away. Worst staff ever!!!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hollywood Beach Golf Resort? Share your experiences!