After a devastating experience of Hurricane Sandy and not having heat and hot water for two months and lighting by candle light and generators and flashlights sure made our tranquil stay at the Hollywood Beach and Golf Resort just what the doctor would order! The lovely Golf Side Suite with a lovely terrace where the grebes and ducks parade before you in the foreground while carts breeze by with their "athletic and hacker" occupants in the background,certainly made a remarkable scene setting change for us after the horror scene we had been accustomed to for the last few months!
Peace and quiet were top notch during our stay! Surprisingly not many occupants took advantage of the pool area but I'm sure the Golf took priority as it would in my own case had I not been recovering from my fourth knee replacement last October just before Sandy paid us a visit! Now there (Sandy) is one UNWELCOME guest! My wife claims it to be the best vacation she has ever had and really turned out to be like a second honeymoon and at our ages that is saying something! The deck outback of the restaurant has another lovely view as well as an excellent menu and compliments to the chef! Early birds before 10 a.m. would most likely be satisfied with a convenient Continental Breakfast! We are looking forward to returning for another vacation and hopefully I'll get a somewhat golf game together by then(new knee--like starting all over) and my wife can enjoy sunshine and swimming by the pool and maybe even be able to face the ocean by then.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Beach Golf Hotel Hollywood
- Hollywood Beach Golf Hotel
- Hollywood Beach Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 30 spacious hotel suites include: Outdoor swimming pool, complimentary parking, cable TV,Free high speed wireless internet access, refrigerator, coffee marker with complimentary coffee daily, hair dryer, Free daily newspaper, telephone with voice mail, private screened-in patio overlooking our beautiful 17th fairway(suites on golf view side only). Par 70 championship golf course designed by the renowned golf architect Donald Ross in 1924. Rudy's Restaurant & Pub open 7days with live entertainment. Come experience and enjoy resort vacationing. You will love it here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hollywood Beach Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.