The Westin Diplomat is definitely overpriced and overrated in my opinion.
Everything you read about there being no or very little beach is true.
I don't know why they even call this a resort. It's a big hotel, rooms are the same size as a hotel at Holiday Inn. They do have some nice bathroom features -- but how much time am I really spending in there? It has a nice infinity edge pool, but all you are really looking out to in the ocean are big ugly barges. You have to rely on shuttle service to get to the spa or golf course. And if you have a spa appointment, you better call to confirm before getting there -- they may have forgotten to write you in!!!
When my room was cleaned, the shampoo wasn't replaced. Food was mediocre but the price was expensive. Room service was very slow.
They also advertise that the Diplomat Landing with shopping is just across the street. Well, it is, but half the building doesn't have stores.
It's really a "conference" hotel -- not a resort. Yet, they charge just as much as the Four Seasons on the Big Island. If you are looking for someplace to have a conference and you'll have very little free time, then it's probably doable (although it would probably be a very pricey conference). For a vacation though, I prefer not to be amongst so many people on a business trip.
This just didn't meet my expectations for a Westin property, a property that charges so much for its rooms, or a property that calls itself a resort.
When I'm fronting this much money for a "resort" vacation, I'm expecting so much more than this.
If you go, definitely don't pay more than $200/night or you'll feel ripped off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa is a refreshing escape offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Located beachfront in Hollywood, between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, the AAA Four-Diamond resort's amenitites include 2 pools, private cabanas, watersports, Heavenly Spa by Westin, Westin WORKOUT Fitness Studio, Kids Club and 7 onsite restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Travelocity, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort