Everyone was very accommidating at the hotel, from the time we arrived to the time we left. We were ment to stay for only two nights, but because of Hurricane Katrina, we ended up staying five nights in total. The reservation staff were very accommidating when we requested to stay a few more nights. The management staff kept us informed, with information on the storm, and the steps that they were taking to make the hotel as safe as possible. Unfortunately, the glass roof in the lobby leaked, most of the storm, but they took every step to make sure the guests were safe at all times.
We were given an ocean view room on the 29th floor, which was very clean and comfortable. The Heavenly Bath Tub was WONDERFUL, as you could watch the tv whilst you were relaxing! The Heavenly Bed was also a plus to the room.
We ordered Room service a couple of times - the food was good, but over priced, and there is not much of a selection. The Pool bar and restaurant for lunchwas very good - The Mahi Mahi wrap was excellent, as well as the hot wings. We ate at Satine the night of the Hurricane. The food was excellent, as well as our server Julie, who was one of only 3 waitresses!!! The last night we ate at Hollywood Prime. I was not very impressed. We were put in a back room with only one other person, who was reading a book!!!! There was absolutely no atmosphere - no music, the decor was awful - from our table, we could see chairs stacked up in a storage area. Apart from that, the food was excellent, as well as the service. The main courses are VERY big, as well as the salads.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and will return next time I am in Fort Lauderdale. I will say that this hotel is not very accommidating for children.
It is a great Hotel to ride out a hurricane in!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa is a refreshing escape offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Located beachfront in Hollywood, between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, the AAA Four-Diamond resort's amenitites include 2 pools, private cabanas, watersports, Heavenly Spa by Westin, Westin WORKOUT Fitness Studio, Kids Club and 7 onsite restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort