“Amazing Staff, Great Service and Great Amenities. Beautiful Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton

You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Best Rate-Book From $169
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Hollywood
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing Staff, Great Service and Great Amenities. Beautiful Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We just came back from Florida and this was such a nice hotel to relax and get some stress out of our lives. All I can say is WOW. Haven't been here in 6 years and oh boy did it change. Sunny Isles looks too busy with those big buildings. I loved Hollywood much more and there a quite a few new projects there that are very promising. We stopped by the Melia Costa Hollywood project and wow such a gorgeous property is coming in that area. I love Hollywood because it has that Florida look that we all come for. Looking forward to try the Melia Costa Hollywood hotel when we are back this winter or spring break. Who knows maybe we will even buy a vacation home there. There is also another big project but couldn't find the name..I know it was something like villa...Melia is definately worth stopping to see. The girl at their office gave us a link to their live webcam which shows the construction but also the beach. I check it out everyday to see the weather and feel on vacation. This is the link http://www.costahollywood.com and you need to click at the bottom of the page where it says webcam.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Indonesian first
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed one night with my family. We went to spend two days and rest. The location is really good. The pool is gorgeous and the hotel is perfect for families!!!
The restaurant was really good. The room has an amazing view!!!!
The check in was really slow!! The room was not ready at check-in time and we had to wait a lot of time.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great hotel for business conference, at the beach, with very nice and big pools. I had a corner room with extra large balcony looking at the water and ocean... Bonus! Bathroom is amazing and very large. Hotel stuff was very friendly helping me with everything... WiFi ok. Ask for upper flores.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Best Spa service in south Florida!
Outstanding employee Ford Gonzalez makes the whole experience top flight - anticipating every need for his customers.
The folks doing the massage are totally professional and really know their craft. If you stay at the Diplomat in Florida make sure you try the Spa.

Stayed June 2015
Mid Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Let me start by saying I would have loved to give this hotel 5 stars. Its a big beautiful hotel, nice property, beautiful landscaping & lobby decor, very comfortable beds, clean white linens, clean floors, appropriately stocked with towels and other toiletries, beautiful large overhead rain shower head, nice deep soaking tub that opens up to the room so you can watch TV while in the tub...and of course on a very nice beach.

Now the downfalls.
1) We checked in very quickly but were not told that we need to notify the desk that we were self parking. It got a little confusing when exiting the parking garage for the first time. They did clear it up when we came back to the hotel and reprogrammed our key cars to include access to self parking (it was just an annoying hassle when we needed to leave for the first time and were in a hurry)
2) Took me a minute to find the toilet, but its behind a glass partition adjacent to the shower. Since there are wood sliding doors that open up to the room for the tub and no exhaust fan to filter noise its a good thing my husband and I aren't shy about bathroom noises because you can hear everything!
3) I simply cannot give a hotel 5 stars that charges separately for internet access. I believe it was 7.95 per day for internet access. When you are paying $200+ dollars per night to stay at the hotel, there should be complimentary internet access.
4) Not a nice view. We were hoping for a nice relaxing view, instead we had a view of a roof top and another building across the way. If we jammed ourselves into the corner of the window and strained to look we could get a peek that the ocean was there. Not really what you would call "view of the water" and quite disappointing for the price.
5) Could not open our window for fresh breeze because it was too noisy from the roof top A/C units just outside our room and down maybe 1 level.
6) A/C just didn't get cold enough. We keep our own home at 68 degrees at night. Its quite cool there.... the A/C had a governor on it and would only go so far. Though it said the room was 65 degrees it definitely didn't feel like it was anywhere close to that. We didn't even have the curtains open letting heat in from the window so it couldn't have been that.

Overall I would have loved to give this hotel more stars for its great points but when you spend $200+ per night plus parking plus internet... I do expect a little more. Ive had room features just as nice at the La Quinta for half the price.

Room Tip: We were in the North Tower 7th Floor. There are other rooms with different views... ours was just t...
Hanford, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for one night and found the hotel suffers from a clash of ideals. On the one hand the service, the rooms, the grounds were first rate. Check in was easy, our room was an ocean front with balcony, roomy, clean and comfortable. Once again excellent. The problems we had occurred at the pool, I wasn't sure what the hotel had in mind, but be prepared that there is no separate adult pool. Kids run amuck everywhere, throwing basketballs at the hoop in the pool and basically running the pool like a day care center. Same for the infinity pool, there was no pool area that was not filled with screaming kids and parents; which is cool if that's the ambiance the hotel is searching for, but it just doesn't fit the decor. Also the clientele did not reflect the image the hotel is advertising on their website, some were downright scary. If I had booked a stay for longer than one night, I would have left and moved to a different hotel. At the buffet breakfast the next day, people were bullying the omelette chef, and even went behind the chef and stole another persons omelets! People were taking other peoples food from the buffet line, it was crazy. If you have a family then I am sure you will find this hotel perfect since the kids can have the run of the place, but if your looking for an up scale adult, relaxing experience on the beach; you may have to move up to a different property.

Middletown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

As someone in the Hospitality Industry I pay close attention to all of the details. I can honestly say that the Diplomat has it all. Cleanliness, great service, knowledgeable staff, awesome amenities, all types of restaurants and a great location. I was trying to nitpick and the only thing that I could come up with is maybe adding a microwave to the rooms - we went out to eat every night so I am definitely nitpicking. I also wanted to mention that Aerica (concierge), Ed Walls and Lourdes Salazar all went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. Thank you for everything that you do! We hope to visit again soon!

Room Tip: corner suites are the best - very large and great view
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!