You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Best Rate-Book From $169
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Hollywood
“Beautiful views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

My husband and I attended a conference at the Diplomat for 4 days. It is a beautiful property. We enjoyed our stay and convention activities. My favorite part of the room was the bathroom. It was so spacious and the tub opening up to the bedroom was awesome. The pool was the perfect tempurature. Hope to visit again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Indonesian first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Having stayed at this hotel many times under the Westin ownership I was interested in how it may have changed under the Curio Collection by Hilton. First of all, all the material and furnishings remain unchanged. The valet, reception area, lobby layout , pool, spa and restaurants including guest services continue to be excellent. The room furnishings are exactly same but without the Westin heavenly bedding. There are less bath towels only 2 per room, but if you ask for more they are delivered promptly with a smile. Wi-fi still has to be paid for and Valet parking is still expensive. No more complimentary first two bottles of water free.

The new staff are not as people friendly as the Westin old-timers but given time I am sure that will improve. For me, what I missed about this hotel was the Westin tea tree smell that used to hit you as you walked through the lobby, into the lifts and on every floor and in every room in the hotel. I can only compare this familiar smell to that of returning to visit Granny's home everything is the same, but without her signature perfume it does not feel like home anymore.

Will we stay at this hotel again? most definitely because it is a great location for Aventura , Bal Harbour or Sawgrass Mills Shopping. It's great for the beach, golf and the Hollywood Broadwalk. It is excellent for the fine restaurants in the area. Yes it can get busy and crowded with conferences. I always enquire at the time of booking how many conferences are on and try to book around the dates if possible.

The Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood,will always be my first choice hotel stay when I am in the area. I will just bring my own Westin tea tree diffuser!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed here on our last nights in Miami after the first few days in Miami Beach. What a change of pace. The pool is gorgeous but is really best for families. Although, after Memorial Weekend when most guests had checked out and gone home, it was pretty quiet during the week. If you're looking for a faster pace and lots of things to do, stay in Miami Beach. If you want a slower pace or a family atmosphere, this is your spot. The staff was friendly, although with so many people this weekend they didn't have time to really add a personal touch. I would imagine during slower times they could take more time to connect with guests. Its really an all inclusive experience. They have restaurants, bars, spas, shopping, pools and the beach. There is really no need to leave the hotel and honestly, there is not much else in the area.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I visited this hotel in 2013 and I could say it was the best experience ever. Loved the hotel in general, it is really beautiful. The service was great. The front people were really awesome and helped in everything we needed. I came back this month even though it was $100 more the night but I didn’t mind paying it because like I said, I had an awesome experience in 2013. However, such a disappointment this time. People at the counter were really REALLY rude. I paid for the same room I had in 2013 which it was a deluxe. A really big and beautiful room. Even though I paid $100 more the room was really small. I came down and explained what happened and the people at the counter were rude and not helpful at all. I was not rude at all, I’m not like that ever, I am always nice and nicely I explained what happened with the room. I wanted a bigger room. The point was they told me I had to wait until 4pm (because I was at the hotel like at 3:30pm) they told me they were going to clean a room for me. I left and when I came back at 4:40pm they told me my room was not ready yet. I was so mad. Not because the time waiting or anything, I was mad because everyone there was really rude and not nice at all. I mean, what happened with this place?? At the end, a nice girl gave us the room and it was small again but I couldn’t stand going down again and complaining about it because I wouldn’t be nice this time so I stayed on the small room. So I don’t think I will be going back to this place again. They ruined my favorite hotel. :(

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for 4 nights for a conference. I was immediately impressed as soon as I pulled into the driveway. All staff had a smile and were very helpful. Im a HiltonHonors member so check in was a breeze.

I stayed in 2179 that had a balcony with partial ocean view to the right and the marina to the left. But directly in front were highrise condos. The room is nice but the bathroom is immaculate. A huge soaking tub with seperate walk in shower. I did have an issue with the tub containing hair and not being as clean as it should. I called housekeeping and it was addressed the next morning.

The property is huge as it is tied to a conferece center. The pool area alone is worth the stay and the beach is icing on the cake. Although things were a bit pricey. Paid $21 for a martini with Ketel One??? To rent an umbrella and 2 chairs on beach was about $60! The hotel and most restaurants/bars add an automatic 18%. A few of my colleagues over tipped.

Overall, the pool and beach and friendly staff are the draw here.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was my second stay at this property, the first being six years ago. My stay there in 2009 was excellent. The hotel recently changed ownership (from Westin to Hilton Curio), but aside from the points you earn there were no obvious changes. The property is still excellent across the board - rooms, amenities, staff, etc. Highly recommended! My only two suggestions for improvement would be to have additional staff at the cafe in the morning - the line could get quite long - and to do a better job ensuring towels are available - ran out one afternoon.

Room Tip: For peace and quiet and good inland views, secure a room on the top floor (36) where there are only...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here Memorial Day weekend. Check in staff were extremely kind and professional. Room on 27th floor was great, big, nice bed, soaking tub, shower and the largest balcony I've seen in a long time. Great views of the intracoastal. Hotel is beautiful, very crowded with a convention of Rainbow Vacuum Salespeople that unfortunately weren't all professional. Some loud conversation and door slamming around midnight was rude on their part but had nothing to do with the hotel. Housekeeping was attentive and friendly. Food at Rivals restaurant across the street was aberage. For some reason the hotel's grill restaurant was closed in the lobby? Would definitely return.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!