You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Best Rate-Book From $169
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
London, United Kingdom
“Fine, but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here for a few days over Easter break. The rooms are quite nice and clean. The staff, though, seemed overwhelmed by the full occupancy. It is a really big hotel and was completely full because of the holiday. There were lines everywhere - to check in, to talk to the concierge, to get drinks ... and don't even bother trying to get into breakfast! The "lines" for breakfast were the worst. A complete mess created by incompetent hostesses. One would take names and party sizes and another would seat the guests. But the one taking down names couldn't spell very well, so when it came time to call the names, she would butcher them so badly that nobody would respond. Add to that the fact that half the time, they would forget to cross off parties they seated or can't find, and you get a crazy mess that forced us to give up our included breakfast and seek sustenance elsewhere.

Not all service was so bad, however. Our cleaning staff was quick and friendly. As was the security personnel who helped us look for some lost items.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Indonesian first
Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel was arranged for us (as part of a very large group) by a travel agent.

I DON'T KNOW IF i WOULD HAVE STAYED THERE IF i HAD DONE THE BOOKING MYSELF.

Ft. Lauderdale airport and the cruise line pier is only a few minutes (4 miles) apart. We must have been on the bus for 20 to 30 minutes driving to the hotel in Hollywood, Fla.

So we arrive by bus from the airport, to stay overnight, for a cruise the next day. I was watching for restaurants in the area that might be within walking distance to the hotel, but did not see any.

We get to the room, which is quite nice, but is just a normal hotel room, with an ocean view. There are 2 queen size beds (and extremely comfortable and I had a good nights sleep). The bathroom had a separate tub, where you could open up the shutters if you wanted to look out at the view, with a separate shower stall and a separate toilet stall, a vanity sink with lovely fluffy towels.

We go to the lobby looking for signs to direct us to a
1 - coffee shop, 2 - restaurants, 3 - someplace to eat.

We only found the lobby bar, that we could get somehting to eat, but needed a flashlight to read the menu.

As is per usual, hotels manage to charge an arm and a leg for all services, food & drink and the Diplomat is no exception

There is a coffee maker with coffee, a couple of tea bags, creamer, sugar, paper cups, but no coffee pot. I called down to housekeeping. Note;: No pot - use the paper cups to catch the dripping water.

I don't know what all the Resort and Spa entail in the name, however I would not stay here for a holiday, but over night, is OK, if you can't find something else. It is NOT inexpensive.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

While the hotel staff is nice, the location is decent and the pool is nice you can definitely feel the change in ownership. I use to visit every year for a long weekend and my last visit was just horrible and I'll probably not return. I'm not sure how to explain it but the room was dirty and had an oder that would not go away. The service was horrible from check in to restaurants to bars the service seemed to go from bad to worse. There is a trump hotel right next door that actually is less expensive and has far superior service.

I would definitely not recommend this hotel for any reason.

Stayed March 2015
California Nord
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I recently stayed here during a conference. The hotel is large and has great pools and 2 jacuzzi's. The ocean front setting is awesome !
The customer service I received was excellent. Joseph at the front desk and Patrick Goad, Guest Services along with Ines G., in House Keeping exceeded my expectations and were most helpful and made made stay more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ocean View room with balcony. Try to get upgraded to suite.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

when entering the diplomat you can clearly see it is a very beautiful hotel. the lobby will take your breath away. although for what you're paying you're not getting what you want in return. the cold water doesn't work. the toliet runs hot water, the cold faucets run hot water and it's very inconvenient when ur are sunburned trying to take a shower. most of the male workers are rude, the drinks and food are heavily overpriced, and they have the dirtiest ice machines, the ice is cloudy with specks of dirt in it & most of the people from my party ended up with upset stomachs , I'm sorry but you just expect more out of a 4 star hotel; looks aren't everything. I was there for a wedding and they didn't even put us all in the same wing. the outdoor bar closes at 9 pm on Friday and they hardly ID. there's no life guard for the pool and the building is so tall the sun is gone from the pool by 3 pm. it's also very annoying when entering the pool from the hotel lobby and being asked to see your room key repeatadly as if you're a stranger same when entering from the beach, who brings their room key to the beach with them when they have all their things at the pool, seems like a very good way to lose your room key. hardly any music is played at the pool and they discourage you from playing your own music. the inside of the pool walls has a thin layer of dirt that would stick to your bathing suits. the beach is covered in seaweed and very short in width. there isn't much in walking distance or much to do at the hotel either. very boring. overall most of the people in my group were unsatisfied & disappointed.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Unfortunately I didn't have all that much time at the resort, but the time I spent there was amazing. I think I spent the first fifteen minutes on the balcony on the 35th floor. Simply amazing.

I arrived and received immediate attention from the valet guy. My bags were in the lobby at no time. Checking in didn't take long and getting to the room was easy. Although I always seem to get a room furtherst away from the elevator. But if the 'award' for that is a view like the one from my room it's totally worth. Usually I am not that amazed by ocean views as I see the ocean every day at home. But having a clear view all the way down to South Beach and to see the giant cruise ships passing by as the sun set on the other side of the hotel was priceless.

I would have loved to spend another couple of days at the resort. Having been to South Beach a couple of times I find the area around The Diplomat is not as lively. But it's not that bad. If I want to go out I can find out to get to the right place. I would much rather stay in a quiet neighborhood and find the noise somewhere else. This time I had a business meeting at Gulfstream Park which is a short drive away.

In general I simply love this resort. I don't have anything bad to say about it. It took my breath away.

Room Tip: Join the loyalty club and receive free wifi. Make sure to go for the ocean view rooms
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We spent a week there and had a nice ocean view room. Staff was great. Hotel needs some updates. I hear those updates are coming in the next 12 months. Overall a very nice place to stay. Self parking across the street was a pricey at $25 per night. Valet service was even more pricey.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!